The online racing simulator
First time back in nearly 10 years
(30 posts, started )
Whats up everyone? I’m looking to get a rig together and start playing again. Saw this after I logged in. Fun stuff. Who else has been around a while? Little over 16 years ago I downloaded the demo. Last I played was S2. It looks so much more polished now, yet familiar still. The physics and a wheel made this game such fun.
Attached images
ABD9CE95-DF02-452E-8E1B-AD4250256686.png
Welcome back. Thumbs up
#3 - SamH
Same here! Been away about 12 years or so. I was clearing my closet a couple months ago and discovered a Driving Force GT wheel LOL

I'm no better at sim racing than I was when I last unplugged it, sadly, and at the moment there's very little in the way of actual pickup racing going on. Maybe more of us will show up now, after 10+ years, and we can get something going? Fingers crossed!
#4 - gu3st
Maybe we need another Xmas event. I participated in the NDR one in 2018.

I still lurk the forums, more active lately trying to keep the OT forum from becoming the next QAnon recruitment centre, and race iRacing as much as I can with a newborn daughter. I follow LFS progress with things as I do wish it well.
WB Thumbs up

Look at Dustin, all grown up with a kid (congrats BTW). I am now feeling all of my 62 years.

Ant
Old people here Taped Shut

An event around xmas would be fun! I haven't touched any of my wheels for years, but I would like a friendly race with people that suck at racing like me.
#7 - gu3st
Quote from Bose321 :Old people here Taped Shut

An event around xmas would be fun! I haven't touched any of my wheels for years, but I would like a friendly race with people that suck at racing like me.

Just don't tell Dennis Lind that we're doing this. Don't want him to clean up like the last time.

Although I'm sure the LFS cars are a huge downgrade from his Lambo.

Wave

I've logged in now and then, and even tried to load up LFS a few years ago on the basic laptop. Worked fantastic as I was always one with a garbage PC back when I raced that I would spectate until the grid was set so I could be placed last and sit back and watch the turn 1 carnage at 1 FPS until I could manage to come through. Unfortunately I didn't find anyone actually racing, but the reason for leaving was still going strong, the migration of server users moving to those city servers.

If I'm not mistaken, Gu3st there above, you were 14 years old when I last actually raced on LFS, Ha.

This week some time, or next week? I'm up for hosting something. Maybe a stream too? Uhmm
I'm fine with either. Maybe we should have a poll somewhere to plan a date? That gives me some time to dust off one of my wheels in advance. Tongue
+1 old person in here lol.
Quote from mrodgers :Wave

I've logged in now and then, and even tried to load up LFS a few years ago on the basic laptop. Worked fantastic as I was always one with a garbage PC back when I raced that I would spectate until the grid was set so I could be placed last and sit back and watch the turn 1 carnage at 1 FPS until I could manage to come through. Unfortunately I didn't find anyone actually racing, but the reason for leaving was still going strong, the migration of server users moving to those city servers.

If I'm not mistaken, Gu3st there above, you were 14 years old when I last actually raced on LFS, Ha.

Now I don't even remember how old I am and I nearly have a 1 year old daughter.

😂
Quote from RMachucaA :+1 old person in here lol.

My favorite LFS racer of all because your setups were nearly perfect for me. Always loved them Big grin

Quote from gu3st :Now I don't even remember how old I am and I nearly have a 1 year old daughter.

😂

Yup, I just happened to notice that, which I didn't when I posted. Congrats! And here I am now with one finishing up her 2nd year of college.

My kids have it much better than I did back then. Bought a decent PC when MSFS was announced, with a 2070super (just before the 3000 series came out.) I want to say when I played LFS, I think I had an ATI Rage 128 if I'm not mistaken, LOL. For S&G's, looked it up, 8 Mb card, LMAO, paired up with a 75 MHz Pentium.
I have a filter in my Gmail that used to send subscribed Forum threads to it. I disabled that back in 2008-ish, and I finally received one. Someone bumping a 14 year old thread from 2007. Checking my old posts here and there, this forum brings back memories of my middle and high school days. Memories man, I feel old.
Wooo some oldies!

The patch email brought me here and I treated myself to a VR setup for Christmas (still using my ancient G25 though Big grin ) so I might be back Smile
Enjoy! It really is excellent.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Wooo some oldies!

The patch email brought me here and I treated myself to a VR setup for Christmas (still using my ancient G25 though Big grin ) so I might be back Smile

The worrying thing is I'm far more ancient than my G25.

Good to see some old faces in this thread. I'm literally twice the age compared to when I signed up and have fond memories, but that's mostly all it feels. I even replaced my Live for Speed engraved hip flask this week, it was finally too battered to be useable. It got me through many nights out in my twenties!
Sold my trusty G25 last summer.. bought by a fella on ebay living in Australia for his Dad who lived 2 miles from me.

3 kids now (24, 15 and 9).. Ash (24) not living here.. makes me feel really old! Unfortunately, neither of my younger lads have gone the sim racing route.. both prefer to absolutely kick my arse in the likes of Fortnite (I'm really bad, but both of them are really good!).. but there's still time Omg omg omg

Spend most of my virtual track time in ACC now with upgraded wheel and the likes (only replaced my aging box that I used to run LFS on at xmas).

The man/boy cave for us to play in...

Kids certainly have it better than I did.. I struggled with tapes and rubber keys.. both kids boxes are i9 10900K and 2070supers.. but at least no more "it's lagging Dad!" Na-na

Miss the S1 days with the massively close races I had with dodo.ger that got me hooked in all of this.

Cheers..

Ian
They are very spoiled! Great looking room.
Looking at overclocked412's original screenshot, 836 posts in 10 years...really?

And Ian.H, god damn your kids are spoiled Big grin
Hah, thought I'd pop through here and caught this thread.

Makes me want to get back into it again, was good times.

Echoing Bob's sentiment about being twice the age as when I got into it!
I'm months behind this party. But hello o/
Same.
Been here since 2005-2006, i think. Thanx to someone from xtremeimport.nl (old SLRR modding society was there) who introduced us to LFS in 2004 (i still have that first copy on my hdd).
This year I was searcing for earliest messages on my email and found old inbox from lfs team dated with 2007 (something about changing my password). I tried to log in with this email, but it says no such user. So i registered again with same email. Wierd, but it worked. I think I was banned discussing VOB mods and pushing ideas that we see now, 15 years later. I still hate those snobbish admins who acted as they are devs while they are not and mocking new users telling them go to RFactor if they want mods. Luckily I don't remember their names.
I was a fan of LFS all this time, but lacking of mod-ability and agressive admins made me an underground fan for years. Now i'm an S3, I promissed that i will support game if game support modders. Sadly it took so long.

Long Live LFS!

Happy New Year!
Hello , its time to play some lfs again Big grin

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG