The online racing simulator
Funny cheat via The Stig
(133 posts, closed, started )
Exactly. I agree with everything Boosted said then.
Some people must really hate LFS. You know, holding up the development process because they force Scawen to update the cheat protection.

Cheating on S2 is pretty stupid though, as people are very attentive, and if there's a replay of you cheating out there, good luck finding quality servers where you're not banned.
and whats the point in cheating in a sim?
want to drive as fast as u want?
get nfs, gta or so.
easily to tweak the cars and u dont have any problems.
and...u get what u want
it spoils so much.. because i enter servers now with the thought "i hope there isnt any cheaters around here" .. it just dont feel competitive anymore with the thought like "lets try to win this race!" or something like that.. it takes away the fun of fair en competitive racing/drifting/dragracing..

normally you have a bit like adrealine feeling because of the competition.. but with all these cheats going on the feeling is gone a bit..

now of course this doesnt stop me from playing lfs.. but all cheats should really be banned as quickly as possible
Quote from AndroidXP :Some people must really hate LFS. You know, holding up the development process because they force Scawen to update the cheat protection.

Is that true. IF it is then i'd like to make an announcement to all clots that cheat.

FOR GODS SAKE STOP. STOP SO WE CAN GET A NEW PATCH. STOP OR I'LL BITCHSLAP YOU"
Wreckers AND Cheaters should be licence and hardware (PunkBuster style) banned for life.

End of.

Sam, what about an automatic bans.ban from the barricade? I assume it would be possible, but it might be easier or hard, what I know about PHP could be written on the back of a postage stamp with one of those whiteboard pens.
Quote from AndroidXP :Cheating on S2 is pretty stupid though, as people are very attentive, and if there's a replay of you cheating out there, good luck finding quality servers where you're not banned.

Wishful thinking. This case was easy, as the cheater wasn't hiding the fact that he is cheating. The car clearly had a lot more power and grip than other cars. However, there is a possibility that a smart cheater could improve his car only marginally, just enough to win. How would you distinguish someone who is cheating from someone who has a better setup and skills then?
I have an idea, punkbuster for LFS!
Quote from wheel4hummer :I have an idea, punkbuster for LFS!

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 X 10^100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Quote from StuntCarRacer :How would you distinguish someone who is cheating from someone who has a better setup and skills then?

Driving and race awareness.
Should this "cheat" be dealt with silence? Posting threads one after another just makes sure that people will find it easier. Let the devs solve the problem and shut up with it
Why would anyone pay £24 for S2 and risk a lifetime ban by cheating!
B U R N H I M ! B U R N H I M !
KiD is always subtle.
ah Mr Bogeyman, but it was your quotation that added italics...
Quote from Hyperactive :Should this "cheat" be dealt with silence? Posting threads one after another just makes sure that people will find it easier. Let the devs solve the problem and shut up with it

So let's bury our heads in the sand and hope the problem goes away then.
Those replays are appalling. Sadly, cheaters are always going to be around in online gaming - LFS until now has had it easy due to it's niche appeal and close community, but the more popular it gets, the higher the probability of being targetted by cheaters.

Whilst there's undoubtedly a need for a technical way of stopping cheaters (i.e. something coded into the game by Scawen), I do hope that when evidence is brought to light that those cheating get banned. Permanently. They lose their S2 licence.

If they don't, to me that just invites other prospective cheaters with an S2 licence to come and have a go, see what "fun" it is and if they can get away with it. Of course it's the dev's decision how to handle the accounts of cheaters, and I have faith that they know what's best for LFS. But the clause is there in the user agreement that gives them the right to disable the licence, and if this isn't one of those cases, then what is? If they don't, I dearly hope there's a good reason for not doing so, even though we may or may not have the right to know that reason.
Quote from duke_toaster :So let's bury our heads in the sand and hope the problem goes away then.

Well we can't do anything about it really apart from argue about being subtle.
Quote from STROBE :Those replays are appalling. Sadly, cheaters are always going to be around in online gaming - LFS until now has had it easy due to it's niche appeal and close community, but the more popular it gets, the higher the probability of being targetted by cheaters.

Whilst there's undoubtedly a need for a technical way of stopping cheaters (i.e. something coded into the game by Scawen), I do hope that when evidence is brought to light that those cheating get banned. Permanently. They lose their S2 licence.

+1

Strip all wreckers, cheaters and so-on of their licences. End of.
Quote from nutty boy :Well we can't do anything about it really apart from argue about being subtle.

We can submit the replay to the wrecker barricade, if we see someone using the cheat. Thats the only reasonable action to do, until the cheat problem is solved, isnt it?
Has anyone actually submitted the replay we have here to the wrecker barricade because i'll do it if not.
#48 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :Has anyone actually submitted the replay we have here to the wrecker barricade because i'll do it if not.

one of them has
Is the witch sketch from monty python subtle?
#50 - Jakg
Quote from KiDCoDEa :Is the witch sketch from monty python subtle?

erm

"She made me into a newt?"
"ooooooh" from the crowd
"well, i got better!"
This thread is closed

Funny cheat via The Stig
(133 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG