The online racing simulator
Steering sensitivity
(13 posts, started )
Steering sensitivity
as many of us use mouse as steering method, actually after the update 6V we kinda find it harder.. Feels like the steering sensitivity has been raised and.. these new steering animations are making it hard for me as i didn't got used to it yet lol..
I hope a "mouse sensitivity" option can be added soon.
+1 for Mouse Sensitivity slider

I'm surprised this hasn't been added before.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :practice makes perfect Wink try it.

Yes you're right,gonna take me alot of time tho.. but its really missing this option, its too sensitive for me lol can't drift or even drive like i did before.
+100 plz
New update makes it look much more realistic but it completely killed my ambition to play after 12 years, it feels completely different now. I can't even drive in a straight line. If I continue playing, it will take years to get to the level I was. I guess it's time to move on.
There is a mouse sensitivity option in version 6V. Options/controls/axes then under available axes you can adjust mouse X and Y sens. It starts from 0.5 and maxes out at 20, with a step of 0.1

If that is not enough range for you, you can always change windows mouse sensitivity.

PS. I just realized that yesterday was 10 full years since I joined this forum and had a total of 10 posts Smile
Quote from rane_nbg :There is a mouse sensitivity option in version 6V. Options/controls/axes then under available axes you can adjust mouse X and Y sens. It starts from 0.5 and maxes out at 20, with a step of 0.1

If that is not enough range for you, you can always change windows mouse sensitivity.

PS. I just realized that yesterday was 10 full years since I joined this forum and had a total of 10 posts Smile

The multiplier also affects steering lock, so the less multiplier you have the less the steering wheel turns.
Windows Sensitivity is not a bad option, but it can become annoying changing it everytime.
Quote from rane_nbg :There is a mouse sensitivity option in version 6V. Options/controls/axes then under available axes you can adjust mouse X and Y sens. It starts from 0.5 and maxes out at 20, with a step of 0.1

Are you sure there's an option? Because literally i can't find anything in options that have to do with axes..
I use mouse for steering, all i have of options is "steer center reduction" as for mouse
Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :Are you sure there's an option? Because literally i can't find anything in options that have to do with axes..
I use mouse for steering, all i have of options is "steer center reduction" as for mouse

That option is available if you select Wheel / Joystick and then go to the Axes/FF tab.

If you are wondering about it, assigning Mouse X for Steering when Wheel / Joystick is selected doesn't make any difference from the regular mouse option except for the steering not centering when pressing T to type a message.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :That option is available if you select Wheel / Joystick and then go to the Axes/FF tab.

If you are wondering about it, assigning Mouse X for Steering when Wheel / Joystick is selected doesn't make any difference from the regular mouse option except for the steering not centering when pressing T to type a message.

Definitely will try that, thanks!
i completely agree that mouse steering slider should be added. Would make life much easier.

It utterly does not work. Go below 1.0, you can no longer reach all the way to the lock. It seems you didn't test it. Big facepalm.

Mouse sensitivity is one of the ESSENTIAL settings. It is absolutely necessary for mouse steering to be complete. All FPS games since 1993 has mouse sensitivity, probably exaggerating but DOOM and Quake have it, and there's lots clones of them, especially DOOM. Look at pro CSGO players, very low sens and large mousepads. Search YouTube for "mouse sensitivity" and there's lots videos.

You can change mouse DPI but not all mice have configurable DPI. I do not want to change desktop sensitivity for any game, else i'd have to switch between game sens and preferred desktop sens. Don't change Windows sensitivity, mouse will no longer be mapped 1-to-1 movement. If you set it higher (6/11 is default, 1:1), then pixels are skipped, vice versa when below default.

The other essential parts for mouse steering are: a thicc visible-at-all-times indicator with lines to help determining how far you're steering and some sort of centering help, be it non-linearity, deadzone or thresholds. About the LFS indicator... Why the center thing removed for when in car? I believe it will be extremely helpful. And it needs to be thicker and wider.

Quote from MrJonttu :i completely agree that mouse steering slider should be added. Would make life much easier.

It's necessary.
and i just suggest the capability to choose the turning radius of the steering wheel, like we can still have for example 60 deg steering on the tyres, but at the same time to just have 720 turning radius of the steering wheel

Steering sensitivity
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG