The online racing simulator
New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
Quote from JJD99 :Is there anyway we can change in game steering rotation to 720 degrees?

Reduce steering lock
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Reduce steering lock

what if i want 720 degree rotation with 45 degree lock like before?
Quote from JJD99 :what if i want 720 degree rotation with 45 degree lock like before?

play on the 0.6U version
XRT feels fine to me. From what I understand the new version has a steering ratio of 12.5:1 (36 degrees @ 900). This is a realistic ratio for a sports car.
Quote from IsaacPrice :The addition to be able to change the strength of handbrake in the setup can definitely be exploited in the racing scene.

At the risk of being accused of having mental health issues by Scawen, I think this update is a step backwards for the racing community.

It could work as a mclaren f1 rear brake pedal, right?

It is very interesting, and gt2c has that minioval this week Big grin
-
(RKoots) DELETED by RKoots
-
(ELDemon) DELETED by ELDemon : early post
Quote from k_badam :Unrelated to the current issue, this 'blaming the public beta testers attitude' is totally wrong. The developer is definitely responsible for any bugs or issues in the game, if the community fail to find them it is still the fault of the development team.

To be clear, there isn't a bug or an issue, so I'm not blaming anyone for it. Looking Big grin

EDIT: I am saying, that people who have a special minority interest, should definitely have a go with the test patch which was there for weeks. There were many repeated requests for testing, warnings of the changes and so on. So there is no sense in complaining if after all those requests, someone with a minority interest refuses to test the patch then when it is released, it turns out that one small beneficial change isn't to their liking. There's nothing more I can do, than put all these test patches out for public testing, ask people to test them and fix any issues they report. So don't ask me to do more than that.

This is why I'm suggesting, get outside for a little each day. A lot of people have discovered the great outdoors during lockdown, but still more people have not understood that you can go outside, or believed that it is beneficial in any way. But it is very important to get outside every day. Or at least nearly every day, probably not if there's a storm out there.
this problems(spin,cant make hight sngles) did not happen in test patch.You literally changed xrt, fz5 Big grin
Quote from Kerem GOZ :this problems(spin,cant make hight sngles) did not happen in test patch.You literally changed xrt, fz5 Big grin

The new steering ranges for road cars have been there since test patch U24, which was released 3 days before the official version, so I guess it's fair to say that there was not much time to test it for many people. But anyhow, the extended ranges make the steering ratios more realistic, so I would expect drifting to be more difficult now when using a wheel.
The feeling for mouse drifting (and racing) definietly changed with the 900° steering , I suppose it's because the steering is non-linear with the mouse. I think it just takes time to adjust, but it's hard to forget 15year old muscle memory.

The thing is, this was supposed to be a drifter friendly update, but I think this will just force many users away.
Regarding drifting / steering angles:

With mouse, the only change is the visual movement of the steering wheel on the screen. There isn't a change between your mouse position and the direction of the front wheels if you use the same setup as in the old version. No change at all other than the in-game steering wheel will turn more. Same with keyboard steering. No change.

With wheel, there is an option "Wheel turn compensation". This can be set to zero to make the wheel entirely linear. There are also some range settings beside the axes in the wheel setup screen if you would like to use a smaller range of your wheel's motion.

EDIT: So just as for mouse and keyboard, with the right settings there is no change other than the steering wheel in-game might turn more.
I think this is the culprit. On the old patch I used .80 steering centre reduction (talking about mouse). In the new patch with 0.80 it feels just off, can't seem to predict the car (I'm guessing muscle memory). When I tried a couple of settings, 0.85 feels closer to the old, patch, I can drift easily. Theres definietly a difference.
Attached images
steering-centre.PNG
Don't know what I can tell you, but in the code the mouse and keyboard do not use anything to do with steering wheel range. I've said this a few times now. I guess you don't have to believe me if you don't want to.
Then it's the fact that the steering wheel turns more and confuses people as they use ingame wheel as a reference (?) I do for example.
That makes sense. Thumbs up
Might be the case. Anyway, if anybody has a problem with this, I suggest adjusting the steering centre reduction
I'm happy with this update - it brings variety, fun, althouht I'm just a casual player. Big grin
Seeing someone drift in a FZR is definitely interesting Big grin
Quote from Vagner :Records are made to be broken.
So, shut up and work to broke then.

Yes 2000km total
Quote from Scawen :To be clear, there isn't a bug or an issue, so I'm not blaming anyone for it. Looking Big grin

EDIT: I am saying, that people who have a special minority interest, should definitely have a go with the test patch which was there for weeks. There were many repeated requests for testing, warnings of the changes and so on. So there is no sense in complaining if after all those requests, someone with a minority interest refuses to test the patch then when it is released, it turns out that one small beneficial change isn't to their liking. There's nothing more I can do, than put all these test patches out for public testing, ask people to test them and fix any issues they report. So don't ask me to do more than that.

This is why I'm suggesting, get outside for a little each day. A lot of people have discovered the great outdoors during lockdown, but still more people have not understood that you can go outside, or believed that it is beneficial in any way. But it is very important to get outside every day. Or at least nearly every day, probably not if there's a storm out there.

Once you're done giving life advice nobody asked for, can you remove the ability to use handbrake in default mode in the race cars (like you did already in FO8 and FOX years ago) so that this update doesn't push the meta driving style in league racing towards something even more unrealistic? Or, do you not see this as an issue?
Drifting for me doesn't feel worse.
The additional steering angle confuses lots of people, in that steering range/angle the car is much more responsive and feels twitchy but it's nothing that makes it undriftable.
I think you've never tried a steering lock hack/mod, it's the same.
It's just easier to overcorrect.

I'm just a nub kb player and i can still do dank drifts with this update.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Once you're done giving life advice nobody asked for, can you remove the ability to use handbrake in default mode in the race cars (like you did already in FO8 and FOX years ago) so that this update doesn't push the meta driving style in league racing towards something even more unrealistic? Or, do you not see this as an issue?

I remember when i was demo user and all i did was BL1/FBM. I always used the handbrake in turn 1 and when it was disabled i had to let go years of muscle memory.

Although i don't think using handbrake in GTR cars gives an advantage, just gives a little headache to those who are used to it.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Once you're done giving life advice nobody asked for, can you remove the ability to use handbrake in default mode in the race cars (like you did already in FO8 and FOX years ago) so that this update doesn't push the meta driving style in league racing towards something even more unrealistic? Or, do you not see this as an issue?

When you're done being sour, realise that removing the handbrake is not the proper solution, unless these cars never have a handrake in real situations.

The real solution would be to fix the flaw in the physics (I don't know how it works and why it gives a benefit). But is it really used this much? And how much of an advantage does it give you per lap? It's sad that so many people use this, really.
Quote from Bose321 :When you're done being sour, realise that removing the handbrake is not the proper solution, unless these cars never have a handrake in real situations.

The real solution would be to fix the flaw in the physics (I don't know how it works and why it gives a benefit). But is it really used this much? And how much of an advantage does it give you per lap? It's sad that so many people use this, really.

My post might come across as being rude, but I'm not sour. I don't like the way Scawen talked to the community and in my eyes made light of mental health issues, that's all.

I don't think people are using handbrake in real life GT cars...?

In game it doesn't give a big benefit, but in league racing a tenth is a big difference. For example in low speed hairpins you can definitely gain half a tenth using handbrake pre-update and this will surely be even easier to exploit now. The most nauseating part of it though is the idea of tuning the handbrake strength to exploit it as much as possible, when it shouldn't be possible/give an advantage in the first place.

Obviously, the best solution would be that Scawen releases the new physics. But, we have been waiting over a decade for that already and there seems to be a clean solution where handbrake could be disabled in the "default" mode, without affecting the mode that was created to allow drifters to use these cars - giving everyone the best of both worlds.
I need help lfs 6v no track
-
(Paprika6) DELETED by Paprika6 : -
Quote from MDRSH-6RB :I need help lfs 6v no track

If you buy the game and don't use cracked client it'll work

New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG