The online racing simulator
New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
Quote from gu3st :Oval Racing isn't much fun with only 2 ovals, both of which are very atypical compared to most ovals. One of which has been so unsuccessful IRL that it's not even a race track anymore.

Well yeah there is a point there, but doing Kyoto with every car and then Kyoto Rev should be good enough. It's just funny that there's rarely ever an oval event in LFS yet the community is so worried about it.
Quote from k_badam :Now whether this issue with the tyres is an actual issue, I'm unsure, but as it has actually effected the balance of the game. Whether the community see it as a positive or negative balance change, the community didn't make the change, the developers did. The devs are wholly responsible for it.

Games evolve, it's as simple as that... Feel free to stick to old version of LFS if you want to enjoy oval racing with R3 tires. I can't really blame developers for making changes in their own game.
Quote from k_badam :Unrelated to the current issue, this 'blaming the public beta testers attitude' is totally wrong. The developer is definitely responsible for any bugs or issues in the game, if the community fail to find them it is still the fault of the development team.

Now whether this issue with the tyres is an actual issue, I'm unsure, but as it has actually effected the balance of the game. Whether the community see it as a positive or negative balance change, the community didn't make the change, the developers did. The devs are wholly responsible for it.

How else do you expect things like these to emerge? The 3 developers can never test all tracks and cars combinations, or do WR comparisons to find out R4 tires are quicker on ovals. And the same goes to test something like this on a very small closed beta group.

But the most important point of this test patch was that the community asked for changes in steering angles and tires on various cars. The community was then able to tell whether they liked it or now. This included the R4 option, like all other changes.

If everyone with an opinion about this tried the test patch, there was a time for discussion back and forth. And no, it's not an issue. It's a change that opens new chances for new WR's. Just because two people make a fuss about it, doesn't make it an actual issue.

I think the point is that you can't satisfy everyone. Go enjoy the weather outside and after that go break some WR's.
Quote from michal 1279 :Games evolve, it's as simple as that...

Is this an evolution? It really doesn't seem like one to me... what other benefits does this have other than making dozens of hotlaps that people have worked their arses of to achieve, null. Seriously, I know it's a small issue that effects few people, but there was literally no reason for it, the same people will get their WRs back, it just means they have to waste more hours on it. And nobody at all benefits from it

Also this handbrake pressure addition, can't wait to see how that'll be exploited in racing/hotlapping... Ya right Although I can imagine it's great fun for drifting.
Hi,just wondering,but now when drifting is real weird steering specially on fast transitions. In my case(old G27) feels like FF drop in wheels middle positions while going fast transition from lock to lock. Just wondering what exactly cause that. First thing that effect it,is obviously that previous for example XRT was 720degree lock to lock on 45degree setup,but now 1080 to 45 degree. Next thing is new FF values,what values was in previous LFS by default ? So right now for me is that annoying thing,when wheel is like dropping FF in middle for about second...
Quote from Bose321 :How else do you expect things like these to emerge? The 3 developers can never test all tracks and cars combinations, or do WR comparisons to find out R4 tires are quicker on ovals. And the same goes to test something like this on a very small closed beta group.

But the most important point of this test patch was that the community asked for changes in steering angles and tires on various cars. The community was then able to tell whether they liked it or now. This included the R4 option, like all other changes.

If everyone with an opinion about this tried the test patch, there was a time for discussion back and forth. And no, it's not an issue. It's a change that opens new chances for new WR's. Just because two people make a fuss about it, doesn't make it an actual issue.

I think the point is that you can't satisfy everyone. Go enjoy the weather outside and after that go break some WR's.

While the devs can't test absolutely everything, it's also important to realize that test patches aren't used by most people. Most users just stick to the newest stable patch and use it until a new major update comes out.
Quote from Bose321 :If everyone with an opinion about this tried the test patch, there was a time for discussion back and forth. And no, it's not an issue. It's a change that opens new chances for new WR's. Just because two people make a fuss about it, doesn't make it an actual issue.

Not everyone has the time to test and test and search for every little impact and side effect that these changes have. For one I know that Botswanan Salama spends most of his time on LFS practicing for league racing and other events. I can't imagine he has much more free time to spend on LFS... He's one of the fastest and most respected racers in the community.

This change was small, with the amount of other little changes like this in the test, it's impossible for everyone to reasonably test it fully in the short space of time in which the test patches came out, to when the stable patch was released. People do have lives and do go for walks, that's the very reason these issues are still in the patch. Maybe Scawen should be more consistent with his patch releases so we aren't bombarded like this after two years of inactivity.
Quote from k_badam :Not everyone has the time to test and test and search for every little impact and side effect that these changes have. For one I know that Botswanan Salama spends most of his time on LFS practicing for league racing and other events. I can't imagine he has much more free time to spend on LFS... He's one of the fastest and most respected racers in the community.

This change was small, with the amount of other little changes like this in the test, it's impossible for everyone to reasonably test it fully in the short space of time in which the test patches came out, to when the stable patch was released. People do have lives and do go for walks, that's the very reason these issues are still in the patch. Maybe Scawen should be more consistent with his patch releases so we aren't bombarded like this after two years of inactivity.

Quote from BerdyGaming :While the devs can't test absolutely everything, it's also important to realize that test patches aren't used by most people. Most users just stick to the newest stable patch and use it until a new major update comes out.

Sure, but it's the best thing they can do in a patch like this where there's a community request dealt with. Also, those people started complaining about their WR's the second the patch was live, so I can't imagine they didn't have time to check the test patch all those weeks.

And still? What's the problem? Those people playing 24/7 with many records will just get new WR's, right? I'd say it's a motivation to try your best. There's almost a complete month of discussions about changes, and several updates to address feedback and such. Don't tell me there was no time to have a look at it.

It's a bit daft saying there's no useful change in that patch, there's so many new things that can be done. I was in a GTR Rally server yesterday that was packed to the top on a random Monday evening, I haven't seen that for years. The diversity of compounds and tire widths creates many many options and combinations and rules for special classes. But just because that change of tires is now causing another effect these people are losing their minds?
Quote from Bose321 :Sure, but it's the best thing they can do in a patch like this where there's a community request dealt with. Also, those people started complaining about their WR's the second the patch was live, so I can't imagine they didn't have time to check the test patch all those weeks.

I have a hunch that the amount of time Botsi spent typing out the messages in this thread is much, much less than it takes to reasonably test on a test patch.
Quote from Bose321 :Sure, but it's the best thing they can do in a patch like this where there's a community request dealt with. Also, those people started complaining about their WR's the second the patch was live, so I can't imagine they didn't have time to check the test patch all those weeks.

While Scawen and the devs don't have the time to test every small little thing and think if it will have an impact on a certain thing is unrealistic, its unrealistic to imagine that the users will be able to decide with certainty what is best for the game.

I'd say it's not Scawen's fault, it's not the community's fault for not testing it but it's the wrong approach to blame the community for the issue, Scawen.
Quote from k_badam :I have a hunch that the amount of time Botsi spent typing out the messages in this thread is much, much less than it takes to reasonably test on a test patch.

I doubt it. He's just being upset right now because he might lose WR or two. It's just a game, I can't imagine it being fun to constantly be upset if someone beats you in a game.
Quote from BerdyGaming :While Scawen and the devs don't have the time to test every small little thing and think if it will have an impact on a certain thing is unrealistic, its unrealistic to imagine that the users will be able to decide with certainty what is best for the game.

I'd say it's not Scawen's fault, it's not the community's fault for not testing it but it's the wrong approach to blame the community for the issue, Scawen.

I still don't see why it's called an issue. You speak of an issue when there's a bug where people can exploit something like a grip or temperature bug in the game to set lap times that are not possible during regular physics. This is not an issue. There's a new tire compound that's faster. Everyone can use this compound and take advantage of it. Hell, you might can even play with the tire width for even lower rolling resistance or whatever. Just make your car the fastest with whatever options you have. There are now many more options. So, like I said, if this Botsi guy is so good, why can't he just take back his WR's?
I enjoy driving single sitters with street tires and 0 downforce with DD wheel, thanks Smile Formula V8/BMW Sauber F1.06LFS
Quote from Bose321 :It's a bit daft saying there's no useful change in that patch, there's so many new things that can be done. I was in a GTR Rally server yesterday that was packed to the top on a random Monday evening, I haven't seen that for years. The diversity of compounds and tire widths creates many many options and combinations and rules for special classes. But just because that change of tires is now causing another effect these people are losing their minds?

You are putting words in my mouth, not once did I say there were no useful changes in the patch. I'm saying that this specific change, allowing the use of R4s on formula cars, was an oversight.
Quote from k_badam :I'm saying that this specific change, allowing the use of R4s on formula cars, was an oversight.

So the only acceptable changes are ones that make the car crippled, but changes that improve the car's performance are bad by default?
I'm talking about for all drifters in here.Some of drifters wants drift with high angles,some of not.I think thats why we could choose how we drift in setup,edit setup making with more details,in this way everyone will enjoy.And also i understand you want make LFS more realistic and I have respect this, but its too realistic that we can 't drift in high angles without spin lol Smile In drift servers we clearly saw we did so so low points.Please make LFS less realistic or more details so we can play how we want.@scawen thank youSmile
Quote from spyyy :Hi,just wondering,but now when drifting is real weird steering specially on fast transitions. In my case(old G27) feels like FF drop in wheels middle positions while going fast transition from lock to lock. Just wondering what exactly cause that. First thing that effect it,is obviously that previous for example XRT was 720degree lock to lock on 45degree setup,but now 1080 to 45 degree. Next thing is new FF values,what values was in previous LFS by default ? So right now for me is that annoying thing,when wheel is like dropping FF in middle for about second...

I have that problem with Thrustmaster TMX pro
Ah shit, I just now realise we can go outside in lockdown and stop playing LFS Cool
Quote from Scawen :I can help you out there! We've been working on a major overhaul of all the tracks, which you seem to have missed!

Wasn't the 'Eric curb' issue actually a tyre physics issue and not a track issue? I guess it'll be fixed either way, no matter where the issue is.
Quote from michal 1279 :So the only acceptable changes are ones that make the car crippled, but changes that improve the car's performance are bad by default?

I don't get it? No, changes that improve a car's performance are not bad by default. This change only makes the cars faster in one specific scenario, it needlessly makes the lap times on a couple tracks faster, nullifying any previous WR for no reason.
it was cold outside, now i’m sick 🤒, thank you Scawen
I would like to be able to race with tires r1 r2 r3 in the street cars, I found,,,,, necessary to change the size of the wheels,,, but if they asked ne who I am to say the other way ,,,, I would very much like that puts this option since the devs are wanting to put a new class,,,, because in the past have already made mods like this with slick tires I loved if and for a new class because not change for race tires
-
(ELDemon) DELETED by ELDemon : early post
-
(Kampfschaf) DELETED by Kampfschaf
Some WR holders worked so hard to get them, so the game shouldn’t change in any way that may affect those times just to placate people that need to get out more? Nope. I bet they wouldn’t be whinging if side-effect made laptimes fractionally slower. In some cars. On ovals.
The addition to be able to change the strength of handbrake in the setup can definitely be exploited in the racing scene.

At the risk of being accused of having mental health issues by Scawen, I think this update is a step backwards for the racing community.
Records are made to be broken.
So, shut up and work to broke then.
Is there anyway we can change in game steering rotation to 720 degrees?

New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG