The online racing simulator
continuing progress in lfs?
(17 posts, started )
I havent played for quite some time, I was wondering if there were going to be any continued progress updates of significance ever going to happen any time soon?
#2 - Racon
Unless OP lost his original account, i dont really think hes been playing for that long Big grin

"15th Feb 2021"
I think that introducing a donation-based project is a new way to boost up the creation of content for LFS simulation. The donors would receive a discount for getting new stuff (racing track; car).
Quote from Marino108 :I think that introducing a donation-based project is a new way to boost up the creation of content for LFS simulation. The donors would receive a discount for getting new stuff (racing track; car).

But the devs are already working as fast as they can without delivering bad quality, so how is more money helping? I believe they were not interested in hiring more people.
Quote from Bose321 :But the devs are already working as fast as they can without delivering bad quality, so how is more money helping? I believe they were not interested in hiring more people.

I assumed that they can't or won't afford themself to do costly projects, such as 3D laser scans of real racing circuits or racing vehicles.
#7 - Ped7g
Quote from Marino108 :I think that introducing a donation-based project is a new way to boost up the creation of content for LFS simulation. The donors would receive a discount for getting new stuff (racing track; car).

how is that different from current model? If you want to donate to them, buy S1/2/3 license, or top your extra game credit over that.

And you receive then "discount" on the new stuff, ie. with S3 license you just get it for free.

It literally works like you described for decade+ Big grin
*Subscribed for eternity xD
also, idealy, the VWS (Scirocco) would come with the tyre physics update (which has also been postponed by the graphics update)
Quote from Marino108 :I assumed that they can't or won't afford themself to do costly projects, such as 3D laser scans of real racing circuits or racing vehicles.

I thought Rockingham (the only real life circuit in LFS) is laser scanned.
Quote from farcar :I thought Rockingham (the only real life circuit in LFS) is laser scanned.

it was an opportunity given by the track to have a simulation running in their office ... so for free in the end
This could happen but usually the companies willing to laserscan a track are paying to rent the track + paying for the laserscan company + paying a fee to the track ... it may be expensive.
I remember Kunos team talking about Le Mans track and saying : no way, too expensive
#11 - CSF
LFS development is probably at its most positive since 2008 or so. Eric has clearly been doing a lot of work, and really good looking work, on the graphics and tracks and that will add a lot to LFS when it comes out alongside the day/night cycle which will be terrific. The track changes will be very interesting too and I can almost guarantee there will already be development's in their heads that we won't know about until it suddenly drops in a teaser.

Add in that Scawen still seems as motivated as ever, and with the current upswing in Sim Racing in general, I expect the first 24h race with day/night to be a very very big event........

I still want ma bloody Scirocco though!!
Quote from CSF :Add in that Scawen still seems as motivated as ever, and with the current upswing in Sim Racing in general, I expect the first 24h race with day/night to be a very very big event........

Yup. That was our basic, "first thought" motivation for starting SBTV, to be ready for that 24 hour race. We're ready.
Goddamnit LFS, don't make me get another steering wheel just to drive around a bit
Quote from MousemanLV :Goddamnit LFS, don't make me get another steering wheel just to drive around a bit

Still rocking the T150 after I repeatedly told you to not get a T150? Razz
Quote from mbutcher :Still rocking the T150 after I repeatedly told you to not get a T150? Razz

naaa I broke it completely Na-na
-
(Sponge) DELETED by Sponge
I discovered this little simracing gem last year by chance. I am very glad they are still updating it and taking all the time necessary to deliver a top product. I have to admit that it is far better than many other sim around.
Quote from dejalesch :I havent played for quite some time, I was wondering if there were going to be any continued progress updates of significance ever going to happen any time soon?

Unfortunately, we have not yet seen all the possibilities of LFS simulation. LFS is a high-quality racing simulation and it is a pity that the developers did not create other types of racing vehicles for LFS. We should see new pioneering projects in LFS.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG