The online racing simulator
GT2 Challenge 2021: Round 4 - Race Discussion
Blackwood, everyone's raced here (even me, CTRA for those who remember it). 70ish second laps, narrow road.

Fun fact, this will be the shortest distance travelled race this season; the 70 laps is 230.79 km, all other racers are 231km or greater in distance.
#3 - Laoz
Quote from jueweb :Session AND SERVER of Incident: Session: Race, Server: Main
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident (or session time or UTC Time of Day): Lap 17, timecode: 22:38.86 onwards
Car(s) involved: 31, 57
Location of Incident: backstraight
Brief Description of Incident:
We come to the end of field while safety car, car 31 breakes in time to not crash with the end of cars, while 57 does not braeke and crashes full into car 31.

You broke like 50 meters before you actually needed to and I was not expecting that. I understand this is my fault, but you shouldn't do stuff people don't expect while racing.
Also, i didn't start braking in time because i was looking at the person who opened the door, and i looked at him because I knew that I had more than enough time to slow down before coming up to the pack, but i wasn't expecting the person in front of me (you) to slow down way too early and then try to speed back up...
@LaoZ: I breaked as I thaught it is nescessary, and the cars in front were not fast behind savety car. With your action my car got into red with rpm and I loose Engine power. Outside the race in real life, I could not be aware that you will check what is going on around you in this moment, so it was not possible to step to the side with my car and let you room for late breaking.
#5 - Laoz
Quote from jueweb :@LaoZ: I breaked as I thaught it is nescessary, and the cars in front were not fast behind savety car. With your action my car got into red with rpm and I loose Engine power. Outside the race in real life, I could not be aware that you will check what is going on around you in this moment, so it was not possible to step to the side with my car and let you room for late breaking.

As I said previously I know that this was 100% my fault and that it was just unlucky on my part and thats it.
Quote from kart-36 :Session AND SERVER of Incident : Race; Servers: Main
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident : Race start
Car(s) involved : 02
Location of Incident : Start
Brief Description of Incident :
I come to the line holding pace requested in the briefing (31mph). Isaac goes out of position and exceeds the speed thus resulting in a jump start. At round 2 Dennis got a stop go penalty for that, I also received a drive through for been out of position.
Isaac does appear to give the position back but looking at the replay he also runs in deep and because he flat spotted his tyres rather badly (from spoiling the turbo) the car just doesn’t turn so I don’t no if he intentionally gave the position back or not - besides the point.
The issue is that he jumps the start, and although he ends up in P2 after turn 1 anyway it eliminates any chance that other drivers could have made a move. This just sets a precedent for people on P2 to jump the start, give the pole man their place back and then there is no risk of losing any other places. There must be consistency in the penalty’s and after what happened at round 2 I’m amazed only a warning was given.

Edit: as written in the rules, IX 2b1 - a stop go penalty will be given to the leader for failing to stay within tolerance (not sure if that applies for other drivers too?) and also IX 2c1, overtaking before the green flag will result in a DT penalty at minimum.

I didn't realise the rolling start speed was so low, myself and the 2 cars directly behind us at the start were all confused why you were going so slow at the start (we were in a ts channel together). I didn't realise how far ahead of you I was until the green flag came out. And straight away I did my best to rectify the situation, even though I wasn't sure who was actually in the wrong. I feel this was recognised by the admins and that's why I only got a warning.

I find it disrespectful that you would try and win this way, you know i beat you fair and square. There's no way you watched the replay and genuinely believe that I didn't actually mean to let you through. I don't enjoy this kind of stuff, so will definitely think about whether this is how i want to spend my sunday evenings in the future
''b) Row-mates should be generally even with each other, having at least 25% overlap. Rows
should be spaced approximately 3-5 car lengths apart. The leader and call other cars
shall maintain approximately pit lane speed (10 kph / 6 mph variance allowed) until the
green flag is displayed.
''

Wasn't it like 50 or something?

EDIT: Yup. Needs to be penalized like I was in Rockingham. EDIT : So the race start was for 50 kph this time around I just learned.
Attached images
billede_2021-02-23_221442.png
-
(IsaacPrice) DELETED by IsaacPrice : i misread dennis post :)
I haven’t done this because you didn't deserve to win Isaac, I’ve done it because it needs clarity and me and Dennis got penalty’s for the same thing. There needs to be consistency in the penalty system, you can’t just not give somebody a penalty for jumping the start because they ‘let the leader’ back through. I did look at the replay and it is genuinely hard to tell if it was an intentional wave through or it was because your badly damaged tyres. Either way like I say I haven’t done this because I feel like I’ve been robbed of a win, I’ve done it because me and Dennis got the same punishment at round 2 and all this will now do is set a precedent for others.
Edit: like I said in the protest you have to consider the advantage gained over the rest of the field and how it negates any chances for other drivers to make a move on you because you’d gone. Also the other two cars didn’t move out of position it was only you so they must have thought better of it.
My issue with this entire situation is that you also broke the rules by not being in position compared to me. You could easily have sped up 10kph (which is within the tolerance given in the rules) and been alongside me like you are supposed to be, but instead you made no effort to correct the situation and instead did nothing and hoped I would get a penalty.

My tyres were completely locked up trying to go as slow as I could without losing power from the turbo, and I was going 10-20kph below the usual start speed. It's not like you didn't have a choice. If one of the guys behind, who had no control over the situation felt they had lost out because of this - and then protested, I would be much more understanding.

But, you preferred to do it this way. Even making up some fantasy where I didn't let you through even though its completely obvious that I did. I think it's sad that these kind of tactics are being used to try and win a fun series where the only prize on the line is pride. But you do you, and i'll keep doing what I do.
Quote from IsaacPrice :My issue with this entire situation is that you also broke the rules by not being in position compared to me. You could easily have sped up 10kph (which is within the tolerance given in the rules) and been alongside me like you are supposed to be, but instead you made no effort to correct the situation and instead did nothing and hoped I would get a penalty.

My tyres were completely locked up trying to go as slow as I could without losing power from the turbo, and I was going 10-20kph below the usual start speed. It's not like you didn't have a choice. If one of the guys behind, who had no control over the situation felt they had lost out because of this - and then protested, I would be much more understanding.

But, you preferred to do it this way. Even making up some fantasy where I didn't let you through even though its completely obvious that I did. I think it's sad that these kind of tactics are being used to try and win a fun series where the only prize on the line is pride. But you do you, and i'll keep doing what I do.

I’m the pole man, it’s not my responsibility to be in line with you, you have to be in line with me that’s the beauty of been the pole man. I held the speed which I was told in briefing, If I want to change that within the tolerance then surely that’s my perogative?

Well I quickly found out I couldn’t spool the turbo at that speed so I didn’t. Having seen what happened to Dennis at round 2 there was no way I was risking going faster than the speed I was told in the briefing.

Let’s say you do your Porsche iracing and you jump the start, standing start I no, but you jump it from p2. You let p1 back past, what would they do? Because I’m 100% sure they wouldn’t change the penalty because you let the leader back past.

Again, I haven’t done this to **** you over or earn myself a win - it’s for consistency. There must be consistency in penalty’s Isaac I’m sure you’ll agree with that. I no it’s shit that it’s happened to you, and like you say we only do it for fun but I’ve been hampered with a penalty when it was completely out my control at round 2 so there has to be something done here.

Edit: you can’t keep blaming the speed, we was told this in the briefing before the race, and it was also in the briefing on the forum. If you didn’t pay attention to that there is nobody else to blame but yourself.
Also Isaac, it makes no odds anyway just to clarify because there will be a penalty for cutting the pit entry line (which I didn't protest but gets looked at normally) so I haven't done it to gain myself a win.

It is clearly seen on the broadcast before you say I've search long and hard to find it. Like i say it gets looked at naturally
Attached images
proof.jpg
You are just always doing the same stuff, trying to add an edge to racing outside of what happens on track. I'm honestly not interested mate so just do what you need to do

GT2 Challenge 2021: Round 4 - Race Discussion
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG