The online racing simulator
Annoying wheel trouble
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Anman
Annoying wheel trouble
I have bought 3 analog game controllers in my life. One gamepad and two wheels. With all three i had similar experiences on different computers. At first everything works fine. But after a dozen hours playing the calibration gets worse. So you recalibrate. But this is just a temperorary fix. After a while the calibration is so bad it cant be fixed, i tried everything, and de controller is unusable.
With the wheel playing lfs was alot of fun. But after these experienceses i am reluctant to buy a new wheel again...
I don't have that problem yet, but, with my calibration history, I probarbly will have soon.

All I cxan say is get a good wheel and don't go opposite lock to opposite lock constantly (I messed my calibration up doing that at first).

Be gentle with it. You don't always have to go opposite lock round a corner.
i can only speak from my personal experience. Ive only ever bought one wheel, a dfp, which ive driven over 11,000 miles in lfs over 8 months and its still working as good as new
I had trouble with calibration when i first had it but that was me not knowing how to set my wheel up, once i did it went away
Were all of those problems with the same...computer?
Same here. Calibration troubles at the beginning of it's life because I don't know what to do properly. I can suggest you get a DFP. Great reviews.
I've got a logitech Momo and I love it. No problems after 8 months of intense use. I've racked up 17000 on-line miles and done loads of hotlapping to.

I have had wheels in the past and they have all been rubbish. These were all for consoles though.
#7 - Anman
I was thinnking of buying a momo. But perhaps it is better to wait for the g25? Althought that means 2 months without a wheel...
It also means a big bitchslap for your wallet aswell.
It were the pots getting dirty.

You won't have that problem with a DFP!
Is there a way i could fix my wheel? Maybe opening it and removing some dust...
i have to calibrate my dfp and pedals in game when i start lfs for first time after switching on pc as otherwise sometimes i can end up with very sharp brake inputs and a wheel with an out of centre straight ahead position. never had trouble with the calibration drifting though once the games ben run once, no matter how long the pc is switched on for or how long i've had lfs running
Quote from Anman :Is there a way i could fix my wheel? Maybe opening it and removing some dust...

My solution would be throw it at a wall

Annoying wheel trouble
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG