The online racing simulator
Progress Report, December 2020
(67 posts, started )
Happy new year guys ! I wish you all the best for 2021. 🤘🏻
LFS
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i suppose they coded that in the screensaver.

what is more nonsense is you quote something i know.
but glad to know someone actually checks it out.
im sure many new systems or ways of doing has come since.
as said. it wouldnt be a difficult thing for devs to do.
so really dont get why you even bothered to reply to that?
also your eye cant see more than around 35 FPS anyways.
(we been through that talk with Scawen even).
FPS isnt everything.
happy new year

If something means 5 FPS lost for a high end computer, it probably means 15 or more for a low spec computer.

FPS matters. There's a reason why 60hz is the "minimum" for a monitor and not 30. There's a reason why VR demands 90+ hz displays. There's also a reason why people can notice a very clear difference between 60/144/244hz displays. Humans can definitely perceive much higher rates of change than "35" or else we would just set like.. 40 as a target and call it a day.

I still don't actually know what your point was for the screensavers. It's not a feature that would make LFS better in the ways that matter, nor would it be something that most people even leave enabled as it's just a waste of computing power that could be used for things that matter.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :also your eye cant see more than around 35 FPS anyways.

Haha you gotta try harder to troll people.
Only 35FPS? Really? I've seen as much as 150 frames in a second. Of course I worked in a picture framing shop at the time. Think they'll model a picture framing shop in the updated version of S. City?
I think there is a difference between frame rate and refresh rate of the screen. Big grin
I can have 1000FPS on a 30Hz display... of course the refresh rate will be the limiting factor.
30FPS on 60Hz monitor looks smooth enough, but 60FPS on 30Hz monitor looks like crap. Big grin
Quote from Racer Y :I've seen as much as 150 frames in a second. Of course I worked in a picture framing shop at the time.

Omg omg omg Omg omg omg
I just wanted to say thank you for picking up working on LFS again. I've been around here since god knows how long and LFS is still the first thing I fire up when testing new equipment.

It's also my absolute VR benchmark, nobody does head movement and mirrors better than LFS - and all of that while being very light on graphics.

So - thank you!
lmao no more than 35 fps noooooooooooooooooooice
35fps or 35Hz?
Per eye or per two eyes? Big grin
Quote from Evolution_R :35fps or 35Hz?
Per eye or per two eyes? Big grin

That would make about 140Hz if you wear glasses... seems about right for a decent gaming experience Cool
#60 - Gunn
My frame rate is so fast it Hz my eyes.
Quote from A M R :How are you getting along with that and the tyre model?

Small chance, but i would love to hear a little bit about the new tyre model aswell.

The new graphics and re-modeled tracks look magnificent though! Never thought LFS would get this far.
Quote from Gunn :My frame rate is so fast it Hz my eyes.

Did you come back from the dead just to post that?

If so; well played, sir.
God i cant wait for the fern bay progress report Smile
-
(skawen) DELETED by Scawen : post by troll account
-
(pajkul) DELETED by Scawen : a reply to a spam post that is now deleted
Quote from UniValvePlums :God i cant wait for the fern bay progress report Smile

This. I hope next month we can see some screenshots. Big grin
hello, no progress report? pleaseeee Smile Smile Smile
Maybe there will be one at 30th. Or May. Who knows. Big grin

Progress Report, December 2020
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG