The online racing simulator
Fix VSC/SC procedures please
3 times in a row now all 3 races had Safety Car bug or mishandling

Round 1 VSC insim error, then unfair penalties issued post-race
Round 2 SC and then recall to VSC
Round 3 Long VSC for rescuing slow stuck car (another car in previous round did not get same treatment), then VSC change to SC after 1 lap

Guys shouldn't this lot be resolved by this round already... it's halfway in the season. I didn't want to write this rant-i-ful passage out, and I was hoping I didn't, but it happened again today at FE. The elongated 2nd VSC and evolve to SC costed Rony his win, costed me a pit stop.

Yes, there wasn't the super dumb SC to VSC recall, but still, close to a full lap under VSC before evolving to SC is way too long. Make the right decision from the start, and if you don't, stick with whatever you got, and if you need to recall or evolve to the next tier of yellow, do it quickly... And if you're going to rescue someone, give someone time, or treat a car in one way, every other car should be given at least the same treatment and chance to rejoin/reset. It's bloody basics...

@Rony you're my winner today, @Sanocki you're also a winner because of your pace Tongue
and gg Rando

@gemini
Didn't read the huge bulk of small text in the rules properly. Formation lap was my bad.
Well,the ruling inconsitency is really huge here. Last race both Redbot and I lost connection,noone offered to rejoin. This time someone else was offered right away. Seeing drivers finishing lap down already from 6th position,I might still had scored a point or 2 when rejoining in 2nd round.

Also the extreme long VSC really screws up when you're on R4 tyres and have to focus on not exceeding 140km/h - not possible to even do some waves to not lose so much tyre temperature. And setting 1st gear to 140 I don't see as option,because it wastes a lot of fuel,which can at some races be a huge part of strategy (it wasn't really today).

Personally I don't see as a good idea the rule forcing to use 2 different compounds during the race with current LFS tyre model in conjuction with SC/VSC. I have been avoiding all leagues with such rule so far and this is my first and with these tyre physics deffinitelly my last participation in league with such rule.

Regarding today - the SC deffinitelly changed situation against my favour,not sure if I had won today,but I saw SC as completely removing my chances,I thought I will have to fight cars from behind too despite having relatively trouble free race and advacing positions due screwups from others.
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,the ruling inconsitency is really huge here. Last race both Redbot and I lost connection,noone offered to rejoin. This time someone else was offered right away. Seeing drivers finishing lap down already from 6th position,I might still had scored a point or 2 when rejoining in 2nd round.

Personally I don't see as a good idea the rule forcing to use 2 different compounds during the race with current LFS tyre model in conjuction with SC/VSC. I have been avoiding all leagues with such rule so far and this is my first and with these tyre physics deffinitelly my last participation in league with such rule.

Couldn't agree more... there is no consistency in both enforcing the rules and keeping standard procedures for Yellow/VSC/SC. For me, the 2 compound thing is fine, but drivers should be allowed to change compound during at least SC. It gets really dumb when, like you said, LFS tire physics warrants no change for R4 and you have to find a time to pit, and then get screwed over by aforementioned sc inconsistency.

Personally I won't see myself partaking in this if the SC issue occurs for a forth time - the inconsistency is a one-off issue and affects the people involved but the foundations of flagging and SC periods... there is no excuse. Again, I stayed up late only to get buttshammed by the 3rd vsc bs, won't be doing it again if it happens once more. Not worth my time.
From viewers point of view it was messy. First VSC was called off when rescue car was still on the way to its place. Second VSC was "evolved" to SC while the situation was similar to first VSC (not so dangerous and probably already solved). It left me very confused as to what i have just witnessed. Tongue
I am still going to participate until the end of season and i still hope improvements on the organisation side will be made. BF1 races are otherwise impossible to come by, so please, make them worth it. Thumbs up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG