The online racing simulator
Boring weird nonsense
(2 posts, started )
Boring weird nonsense
So like I'm watching this show on Netflix. Lilyhammer. It's a show about a mob guy living in Norway under the Witness Protection Act. Anyways, it got me to thinking about something totally unrelated. I was bored and this idea popped into my head. I started thinking about all the people I've met that are Scandinavian. Norwegian, Swedes And Danes are legendary for their linguistic skills. Well all the ones I've talked to was in English. All had an accent, but really clear and easy to understand. In fact, they could move here and get jobs as news anchors. Hell. They speak English better than I do. OK, then I start thinking about people from Minnesota and Wisconsin And the Dakotas here in the USofA. Most of those folks are Scandinavian in descent. Well they too speak English with an accent. It sounds nothing like native Scandinavians though. Not at all. Not even almost. That's pretty weird I think. Cajuns and Creoles been here forever and their accents still sounds a lot like a French person speaking in English. And the funny thing about those Scandinavian-Americans... Yeah. I think they can only speak in English. Ain't that a bunch of nonsense?
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :...

compared to example germany. they have i think less than 12 accents. but population is triple Denmarks or more. it is highly unusual such a small country has this many accents. i actually think we got more accents than usa too.

Not entirely true. There are some main accents or dialects, but in those there are slight differences. If you are local to a region with an specific dialect, you will start to notice small bits here and there which are pronounced differently and are mostly able to tell where someone is from. But maybe that's the same in every country world wide?

But I agree that an majority of danes are able to speak fluently in english with you. I've experienced that for myself, while on vacation in Copenhagen.

Boring weird nonsense
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG