The online racing simulator
Host did not receive UDP packet
(22 posts, started )
#1 - Myffe
Everytime when I try to join in server, lfs gives me this message. I have allowed LFS from my f secure settings. I can join in empty servers or if there is only 1 person. Please help me. It worked last time when I played(early/mid summer).
Quote from Myffe :Everytime when I try to join in server, lfs gives me this message. I have allowed LFS from my f secure settings. I can join in empty servers or if there is only 1 person. Please help me. It worked last time when I played(early/mid summer).

Happens to me randomly. Usually works after a few mins. Turn off your router for a few mins and try...
#3 - Myffe
Quote from Silverracer :Happens to me randomly. Usually works after a few mins. Turn off your router for a few mins and try...

I tryed to boot my router but it doesnt work. I have had this problem almost ½month now.
Quote from Myffe :I tryed to boot my router but it doesnt work. I have had this problem almost ½month now.

Have a look in these threads; I dont think theres a solution in there though
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1218574#post1218574

More of a server sided thred, but many have complained about your issue:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1381822#post1381822

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1309396#post1309396
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1319670#post1319670
I had the same Problem 2 years ago. All worked fine (other games, applications etc), only in LFS i couldn´t connect to any host. Hosting an own server was no problem and after configuring the Fritzbox as an modem, joining to an host also runs, but with the fritzbox configured as a router, i always had the error message. I had tested everything, called hotlines from avm....... at last i installed a new network card - and disabled the onboard on my Asus-Board - first start - and it runs. Since this time i never had this Problem.
#6 - Myffe
Quote from nP_MaxiMus :I had the same Problem 2 years ago. All worked fine (other games, applications etc), only in LFS i couldn´t connect to any host. Hosting an own server was no problem and after configuring the Fritzbox as an modem, joining to an host also runs, but with the fritzbox configured as a router, i always had the error message. I had tested everything, called hotlines from avm....... at last i installed a new network card - and disabled the onboard on my Asus-Board - first start - and it runs. Since this time i never had this Problem.

Where can I find Asus-Board? Im upgrading my computer in few weeks and getting new motherboard, so it might get fixd after that.
Asus is my Mainboard. If you get a new Mainboard in a few weeks, it could be also fixed cause of the new network controller.
#8 - Myffe
Yea but I have Asus motherboard now. Also that new motherboard will be asus.
I have the same problem too since 10 months ago.. and I don't found the solution
Quote from KassadGLA :I have the same problem too since 10 months ago.. and I don't found the solution

Do you get "Host did not receive UDP packet" everytime you try in the last 10 months? Or does it happen at random?

Quote from Victor :
We've done a lot of research into reasons why that could happen but we could only conclude that either your router or ISP is having problem routing UDP packets. Some ISP's seem to block really tiny UDP packets for example. Others just don't like UDP at all, albeit temporary usually.

Quote from Silverracer :Do you get "Host did not receive UDP packet" everytime you try in the last 10 months? Or does it happen at random?

Everytime since 10 months ago.

I'm waiting for a friend come back from holidays, then i will try the conections with the X version of LFS.
So I got my new computer and I moved my lfs from usb device to my computer. I didnt install anything cause I didnt want to lose any info in my lfs. Now I still have the same problem. Still host is not receivin UDP packet. Any help?
Hey again, try this:
Quote from Blackburne :Hi, I used to have that problem as well. What I did was I disabled IP Flood Detection in the router configuration and that seemed to do the trick. Hope it works for you too.

Have a look at that thread as well; the problem might be related. And please do let us know if it works.

PS: The PC wouldn't have been the cause i the first place; the packets are probably blocked by the router or the ISP.
If you don't have any extra AV/Firewall running, then I bet it's your router. What make/model is it? Are there any other devices connected to it?
PROBLEM SOLVED YAY! I changed my router and now lfs works again! My old router was Telewell TW-EA501. Now I use router what I got from my operator. It looks like wippies homebox.
#16 - miDy
It is also F-Secure that may block it, atleast my F-Secure blocked it until I changed it so it will allow the program

Eli F-Secure blockaa sen ohjelman ja sun pitää asetuksista vaihtaa se niin että se sallii sen ohjelman.
i have come up to a solution, atleast it worked on my pc. go into the windows firewall, make sure lfs isnt blocked, then in the firewall, look for another program called "SECURE SOCKET TUNNELING PROTOCOL" and make sure it isnt blocked, if it is blocked, unblock it and you can start playing!
Thanks for the heads up!
I tried doing that,allowing "SECURE SOCKET TUNNELING PROTOCOL" and it still isnt working.
This has been happening for a month now.
Plus i dont use a wifi router, i use my mobile hotspot but still i have no idea how to fix it.
I've had this issue when I was using my mobile data to play online some months ago. Sometimes. It was quite random and usually, after trying to connect 5 or 6 times, I could connect successfully. Couldn't figure out why, but it must be the mobile data network, I guess, as it's the mutual fact here.
Publick IP adress ? NAT enabled ? MASQUERADE ? IPSec.

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG