The online racing simulator
New Brake disc
(19 posts, started )
New Brake disc
Here's a new brake disc for the new VWS. The default one which comes with the new CMX viewer doesn't have see-through holes, but mine does. I'm amazed that Eric bothered to make 2 separate textures, but didn't bother to make REAL holes in the disc.

Enjoy.

EDIT

Apparently this disc will replace the current one in the next patch, so this texture will be for all cars, not just the VWS.

I also updated the texture, made the holes smaller and more realistic with bevels around them.

Both files are identical, but LFS uses the "drill" one for the more powerful cars, and the "solid" one for the weaker cars.

Another edit

Looks like, after test patch Z4, Scawen changed the filename of discdrilled to discdrill, had to re-upload the file with the new name.

See post #13 for a solid disc without holes.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Attached files
DISCSOLIDALP24.dds - 1.3 MB - 2479 views
DISCDRILLALP24.dds - 1.3 MB - 2034 views
Kinda funny for an addon being out if the car isnt now.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I'm amazed that Eric bothered to make 2 separate textures, but didn't bother to make REAL holes in the disc.

Maybe because it looks silly when the wheels are rolling.
Not anymore. That's what he means by two textures. One for the car stopped, and a blurred one for the car moving.
Can a mod remove the 'VWS' from the title please?

This texture will be for all cars in the next patch.
You should tell people to also overwrite the DISCDRILLEDALP24.dds with your file so the race cars have see-through holes, too
Thanks, updated first post.
#8 - XmaX
can you upload the calippers too or there are still the old ?

EDIT: Ok i saw it, there are the old files
But pls upload them they look good, cant find so well calippers

Max
Calipers for road cars, made by zed28.
Attached files
padsz.dds - 170.8 KB - 1050 views
Hey Adrian,

Have you tought about making a full disk to replace the 'DISCSOLID' instead of just renaming your drilled disc? I would actually like to have a solid disc on UF1 and such.
Very nice, cheers.
Quote from Riders Motion :Hey Adrian,

Have you tought about making a full disk to replace the 'DISCSOLID' instead of just renaming your drilled disc? I would actually like to have a solid disc on UF1 and such.

For you, anything! Here's a solid disc, basically the same as above but without the holes.
Attached images
Untitled-5.jpg
Attached files
DISCSOLIDALP24.dds - 1.3 MB - 814 views
Uhm. Extracted to the normal place, only to find that they don't show up in game. Halp? Or are they not supposed to? I'm using Z5 or whatever.

!
Can you be more specific? Which file did you save? One of the drilled ones at the top? Or the solid one?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :For you, anything! Here's a solid disc, basically the same as above but without the holes.

Thanks, they'll look more natural on a UF1 than drilled discs.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Can you be more specific? Which file did you save? One of the drilled ones at the top? Or the solid one?

The drilled ones.

Doesn't matter now though, I deleted both the old ones and then put these ones back in, seems to have done the trick. I'm guessing that my WinRAR was being a twat and not over-writing LOL.
Time flies, right? Omg omg omg

New Brake disc
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG