The online racing simulator
Today, it's been about 16-years since... (Thank you ScaViEr)
Maybe I should not make a new topic, and find one to add too, but I wanna say a lot so I decided to make a big new post after all.

But... after joining in with LFS in late 2003 after discovering the public demo on some demo's site at the time. Driving the demo till 2007 and to enjoy every moment, the good and the bad, throughout till 2014/2015 ish. At that point I left LFS for a while.

Recently I am back, so is my Team Rock Racing team with quite a lot of the old but also a few new names that I brought with me from other games. Smile

It's amazing to see this amazing simulator is still somewhat alive and kicking and I am grateful to be even a tiny part of this long lasting legend.

Been playing since 2003 once more, it's about to turn 2020, jeez, we might be getting older and rusty, but if you look how many of us, cause I always saw LFS as a small-ish community, rather then just a game with a user-base, have ended up doing something great in motorsports or sim-racing, like Bottas, van Buren, Catsburg, Teien, Price, Østgaard and many, many more... We may be a darn proud community. Smile

My hope is that LFS revives to another glory period of amazing league racing, high-end teams and more.

If you listen to these great songs from back in the day by schUPpor and look what ScaViEr has been developing still over the past few. We might finally get those ol' Christmas wishes granted, even if a decade later. Smile

I never stopped loving this great simulator game and never will. LFS always was and again is a great part of my life. And I hope I get to say that for many more years to come.

Thank you ScaViEr for the love you put into this beauty of a sim, and for not giving up on it.
It has shaped my life, might even saved my life at times, to have a place to be, meet great people, drive great races.

Thank you, for being amazing, sure we all have our flaws and set backs, we all are humans living our lifes, but your dedication to this game I can only be thankful for more then anything. Smile

It might not be the holiday season yet, but I'm as cheerful as if it was, and I raise my glass and toast to all of you who are still here enjoying this darn beauty of a sim!

#LFSrevive2020
Peace,
cholover7 / Walter / Rocky7up
Attached files
schUPpor_-_Something_about_LFS.mp3 - 6.5 MB - 396 views
schUPpor_-_White_UpMas.mp3 - 3.9 MB - 411 views
damn 16 years?
i still driving in lfs since 2006 lol
but im kid in 2006 i lost many accounts here xD
more than 16 years, and I still enjoy a lot doing a ride on any track !
2020 will bring crazy things for this masterpiece !
LFS
Cheers Rocky.Thumbs up
-
(GreyBull [CHA]) DELETED by GreyBull [CHA]
Quote from False hope :things will never be the same

Of course - that's how the world works,things change. If you can't cope with changes,feel free to sit in corner and cry about "good old times". Many others around here have accepted it and still enjoy racing around LFS. There are no races anymore with grids consisting mostly of world record holders,does that make racing for others bad? No! Ok,few faster guys in some races have lack of competition,but they got challenges in other races and if you're just lurking in forums moaning about YOUR false hopes,then you're not the challenge they'll ever face on track. Shrug

Anyway,on topic - nice to see you back,Rocky. I still remember my 1st win in international level,it was in your hosted Historic F1 Series,where I was running in strong 2nd place and Good Adam failed in one turn on very first lap... Ya right Well,you returned in right time - I believe you liked one event taking place annually on 26th december,so mark the day in calender. Cool
There are multiple ways how you can interpret my sentence, you clearly understood it in the most generic way. gg
Merry Christmas Rocky!
Quote from Eclipsed :
Anyway,on topic - nice to see you back,Rocky. I still remember my 1st win in international level,it was in your hosted Historic F1 Series,where I was running in strong 2nd place and Good Adam failed in one turn on very first lap... Ya right Well,you returned in right time - I believe you liked one event taking place annually on 26th december,so mark the day in calender. Cool

You didn't just win a race, you won the series infact:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wi5H_yUlsDWa5eAVJ5rD6Ro6RMgbyIX3KMotNlLN5aE/edit?usp=sharing

You might've forgotten that fact. Smile

And if I have time I will certainly pop by the derby event for sure! Big grin

Edit: And I still got all replays from that season as well. Wink
GG
Quote from Eclipsed : you Many others no races anymore consisting [teams] they you're YOUR you're they

I summarized your "they vs you" ranting. You obviously show that you have zero understanding about what that link was about. I gave a slight hint in the quote edit. There is no teamracing on anymore, it's all about individualism so it's very wrong to talk about "they" because there is no they.. Just a bunch of unorganized "you's". And thats exactly whats going on in today's society. Facebook, Twitter, Insta, all that other crap.. Just a big bunch of "you's".

All these type of threads look back at a "we"-history and that is what is correct, it's history. Enjoy the bunch of you's.
Quote from cargame.nl :I summarized your "they vs you" ranting. You obviously show that you have zero understanding about what that link was about. I gave a slight hint in the quote edit. There is no teamracing on anymore, it's all about individualism so it's very wrong to talk about "they" because there is no they.. Just a bunch of unorganized "you's". And thats exactly whats going on in today's society. Facebook, Twitter, Insta, all that other crap.. Just a big bunch of "you's".

All these type of threads look back at a "we"-history and that is what is correct, it's history. Enjoy the bunch of you's.

Whilst I agree with most you say, I personally am trying to create another we [team] situation. With older and newer names with my Team Rock Racing being already back up to 10 active drivers. Smile

And I'm also planning to open/host another league racing series that will last the entirety of 2020, every tuesday evening 20:30 Dutch timezone. Smile

That will have a mixture of car/track combinations, so that everyone has a fair chance and that it's not 1 spec dedicated. So it's for everyone/we/us/they. Wink

I want to bring back the fun of driving [together] in Live for Speed for a championship goal, not just [me] driver's title, also team title to stimulate lone wolves shaping new teams together.

The big: TRR. Championship 2020 Smile

More information on that soon on the Leagues and Events section. Wink
Quote from cargame.nl :A lot of negative bla bla.

Why I even bother? I will keep racing with ME and few other MEs as long as it's still fun. Have fun with your "I told you so" dance! Thumbs up
Quote from rockclan :And I'm also planning to open/host another league racing series that will last the entirety of 2020, every tuesday evening 20:30 Dutch timezone.

Why tuesdays?
Quote from Eclipsed :
Why tuesdays?

Oh bugger, I remember now you always host on tuesdays.... Well why tuesdays: been doing that for the entirety of 2019, but then in a private in-team series...

Edit: As well as that I can't on any other day mainly.
Well,if you would start half an hour later,some hardcore racing enthusiasts could make both events,but I guess we'll have to live with it... Shrug
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,if you would start half an hour later,some hardcore racing enthusiasts could make both events,but I guess we'll have to live with it... Shrug

21:00 ? Sure thing! I'll adjust it right away
If it works for you,good then - RTFR and also RTFR XL usually finishes between 20:45-20:55 CET.
Wednesday is also generally free? Depends how long B2R sticks with ovals
April of 04 for me... I still pop in and look around. If anyone ever got ctra working again I would likely come back. She just sort of lost her luster after that fell out. A distinct lack of any new cars in a decade doesn't help me want anything but a pop into single player now and again either.
The physics are still fabulous. I miss it quite a bit sometimes.
Quote from Voided :April of 04 for me... I still pop in and look around. If anyone ever got ctra working again I would likely come back. She just sort of lost her luster after that fell out. A distinct lack of any new cars in a decade doesn't help me want anything but a pop into single player now and again either.
The physics are still fabulous. I miss it quite a bit sometimes.

I miss CTRA too, those were the daysThumbs up
How is this still alive Uhmm Although I'm very happy it still is Omg omg omg

It has been ages since I played LFS as I saw no development/progression after playing for years and people just left and servers were emptying. Plus I never got the knack for driving the RWD cars in LFS which really limited my options. Although I can still very clearly remember racing in Aston with the FXO GTR having the time of my life against RWD cars as my corner exits were amazing Big grin and that is still one of my fondest racing and gaming experiences Heart

I just picked up racing again on AC after buying a new G29 wheel but the online experience so far does not compare to LFS although I am better at driving the RWD cars and am definitely in the learning stage again.

If nothing else I also need to thank ScaViEr for bringing simracing in my life as an accessible and incredibly fun experience that I still treasure.
Quote from AeoIus :How is this still alive Uhmm Although I'm very happy it still is Omg omg omg

It has been ages since I played LFS as I saw no development/progression after playing for years and people just left and servers were emptying. Plus I never got the knack for driving the RWD cars in LFS which really limited my options. Although I can still very clearly remember racing in Aston with the FXO GTR having the time of my life against RWD cars as my corner exits were amazing Big grin and that is still one of my fondest racing and gaming experiences Heart

I just picked up racing again on AC after buying a new G29 wheel but the online experience so far does not compare to LFS although I am better at driving the RWD cars and am definitely in the learning stage again.

If nothing else I also need to thank ScaViEr for bringing simracing in my life as an accessible and incredibly fun experience that I still treasure.

Nice to here Big grin

Welcome back!
Then join in on the fun with the recently started LFS TRR. Championship 2020 ! Big grin It'll run the entirety of 2020 and will have livestreams from most of the races:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuMYhzgWXuk

Smile
Word!
Heart

Today, it's been about 16-years since... (Thank you ScaViEr)
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG