The online racing simulator
More Newbe Servers for S2 Races, please
Hi,

first of all I want to thank everybody, who is hosting games in S2. But could it be possible to change some more servers into more beginner friendly ones?

At least I would like to race on some other tracks with the three beginner cars. On the other side I don't really understand why already such a small amount of players are interested in playing the demo track reversed. It's somehow a complete new experience to drive the track the other way round.

So I'm not quite sure, if there are more players really interested in racing all tracks with beginner cars. The only S2 server I found with exclusive beginner cars yesterday also ran the demo track forwarded.

EDIT:
Oops, sorry. Can this topic moved to "General LfS Discussion".
I dont like the demo cars, as they are too slow. Im now trying to master the FXO, as this has tons of grip, and quite a bit of power.

I think we should host some "noob friendly" servers, but just learn offline, thats what i did to get the hang of it.

try some other tracks, there are ones miles better than Blackwood!!

Cheers,
Quote from marsden1002 :
try some other tracks, there are ones miles better than Blackwood!!

Yeah! The question is not when will a "real" Track like SPA added in LfS! The question is when will they build such great Tracks like FE-Gold in real life!!
Yes, I can only underline that the track design is very good in LfS. I don't need another 20 Formular 1 titles with always the same tracks with only minor changes.
Too bad you're in Germany. I run a server on the US west coast and we generally run the non-GTR cars and almost never run the Formula V8. While I like the full-on race cars, the street cars are often much more fun and give closer races, especially since my friends who play LFS (and myself) haven't been playing that long. Not to mention the fact that when you've got street tires and no downforce you actually have to slow down for turns.
#6 - Gunn
Blackwood Reversed is my favourite circuit by a long way. I like racing there even though I have been doing so since LFS 0.1

The new track areas are great too (most configs anyway).

I think many racers overlook the road cars these days, I am no exception.
Quote from Gunn :I think many racers overlook the road cars these days, I am no exception.

I think with the introduction of the FOX this isn't a surprise. However I think some of the road cars having driven the formulas become a lot harder to drive. I think it's worth putting in the effort however
#8 - dopez
i run a road car only server and i'd consider myself quite a n00bie i usually set the qualify time to 60 and just drive around, mostly gets a few people on there who (most of the time) give me helpfull pointers what i might be doing wrong on the track.

so i'd say your welcome to join and have some fun
Quote from dopez :i run a road car only server and i'd consider myself quite a n00bie i usually set the qualify time to 60 and just drive around, mostly gets a few people on there who (most of the time) give me helpfull pointers what i might be doing wrong on the track.

so i'd say your welcome to join and have some fun

always nice when they send you setups too... tho many like to hang on to em
pretty much all the people i've met on my server had no problems sending their setup (and that helped allot for me too and i dont mind passing them on either (though sometimes i forget from who i got them, but at least i'll tell them i didnt make it myself )
It would be nice to have more (populated) road car servers, especially on S2 tracks like cadet, club, or kyoto infield.
I bought S2 about two months ago. It was bit of a shock after the demo track and cars - I thought that I was already a pro when I mastered them. The main thing is to learn tracks and cars one by one. In the demo you can be good with the default setup because most of the other players uses it also. In S2 a good setup doesn't automagically make a good driver but it helps a lot. Be sure to bookmark Setupfield.

After purchasing S2 I haven't even touched the demo cars. They are just so boring. I play road cars sometimes too but in my opinion GTR cars are the ones that makes LFS really shine.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG