The online racing simulator
Ps3 controller not detected on Ubuntu 19.04
I have been using my ps3 controller wirelessly on games like euro truck simulator 2 and American truck simulator seamlessly, but live for speed just is not detecting the controller at all?
Hello Caleb642,

If you have been able to successfully pair the PS3 controller as a device with the OS (you can test this with the "jstest" utility, for example), LFS should not have any problems using the controller -- But you need to configure the axes and buttons manually. Instructions can be found on the wiki.

I did a quick test with my Playstation 3 controller. With USB, it worked out of the box. But with Bluetooth, however, it would not pair without some hassle (this a problem with Ubuntu, not LFS).

That said, I was able to get my PS3 controller working with a patched version of the "sixpair" utility. I followed the "For older versions of RetroPie" instructions which were rather straight forward.

In the attached screenshot, LFS using using my PS3 controller connected via Bluetooth.
Attached images
lfs.png
Hello felplacerad, with ubuntu my controller worked out of the box with Bluetooth, just plugged in a USB, paired, then launched ets2/ats and even Trackmania nations forever(wine) worked without any issue, though I will look into sixpair to see if I can get it to work <3 thanks for the advice
Hmm .... As I understand it, LFS doesn't know/care whether the PS3 controller is connected via USB or Bluetooth -- If the device is indeed properly paired and it works with other games with just a Bluetooth connection you should be good to go, without having to mess around with sixad/sixpair.

Can you please confirm whether jstest registers input from /dev/input/js0 (or whatever device the PS3 controller is registered as)?.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG