The online racing simulator
Appologies to both [TC-R]Adam and [TC-R]Nick for the contacts that happened. I lost composure after unsuccessfully tried to pass [TC-R]Pete several times when i realized you both were becoming quite near and my strategy had been compromised. Untimely pit stop happens which proven disastrous as there wasn't sufficient time to be still ahead of both of you and i started to panic which only makes matter worse. Well deserved.

Sorry it took me post race to say this since I didn't get the chances to say due to the commotions after checkered flag. The rather gloomy and flame war atmospheres didn't feel right and I need time to calm down.
Quote from ltras23 :Appologies to both [TC-R]Adam and [TC-R]Nick for the contacts that happened. I lost composure after unsuccessfully tried to pass [TC-R]Pete several times when i realized you both were becoming quite near and my strategy had been compromised. Untimely pit stop happens which proven disastrous as there wasn't sufficient time to be still ahead of both of you and i started to panic which only makes matter worse. Well deserved.

Sorry it took me post race to say this since I didn't get the chances to say due to the commotions after checkered flag. The rather gloomy and flame war atmospheres didn't feel right and I need time to calm down.

Ultimately, your undoing was not pitting during the SC. You had the pace to win. I enjoyed our scrap, but I couldn't get myself together after the SC restart and was making tonnes of mistakes.
Quote from mbutcher :Ultimately, your undoing was not pitting during the SC. You had the pace to win. I enjoyed our scrap, but I couldn't get myself together after the SC restart and was making tonnes of mistakes.

I had plan to regain lost position when everyone pitted during SC. After race restart I had been thinking of staying out far longer trailing behind you to make reasonable gap from the others. Turned out the pace began to slouch and I realized too late when I could've pit a few laps back.
Yea, disastrous.
The post-race activity on the server was phenomenal Big grin

Quote from michal 1279 :The post-race activity on the server was phenomenal Big grin

It was like SO2R all over again.

Bonus points to @degats for being the only person to get it right first time. (Presumably from seeing the pile up) Big grin
LRL Round 4 Event Results

Layout Racing League - Round 4, Scawen's Racetrack, Race Summary

The drivers come around to the forth round of LRL at the unique Scawen's Racetrack circuit, looking for points and to reignite battles! Once again key incidents alter the order at the top of the table - a comeback performance by TC-R] Pete sees him win his second LRL event!

Qualifying

The twisty circuit saw the biggest turn out to date for the series, with 24 drivers taking to the tarmac in search for a good starting position - vital for the race. It was the Indonesian [LCS-R] Ltras showing early pace during the session, but his time was soon bested by championship protagonist [TC-R] Pete, who put in his fastest lap mid-way through the session to secure pole once again.

Championship leader Trespasser was off pace today, citing a "damage limitation race", only qualifying in 10th, more than a second off the pole time and just ahead of TOFU Bro. [RDSR] Cyankill and Medln put in great times to qualify 3rd and 4th respectively, while [6S] SIMOX beat newcomers [TC-R] Nick and Adam for 5th. A poor performance from [LCS-R] Texas sees him only qualify in 12th, ahead of Gabor and [MRc] Michal.

Race

21. Medln +16L Technical
22. [MRc] Michal +18L Accident
23. [RDSR] Cyankill +18L Technical
24. Tofu BRO +21L Technical

Fastest Lap : [TC-R] Pete - 1:38.87
Penalties :
B2r Rejekt - Drive-Through Penalty - Causing a Collision
[r]Jeff - POST RACE REPRIMAND - Contact Warning (Lap 1)
AS|Daniel - POST RACE REPRIMAND - Contact Warning (Lap 1)
GT4Tube - POST RACE REPRIMAND - Causing a Collision (Lap 22)
(FR) Seb - POST RACE REPRIMAND - Causing a Collission (Lap 22)

It's lights out for Round 4!

Clean and neat out of Turn 1

The run into turn 1 was short, with drivers equal off the line, fighting for their own space into the corner. [TC-R] Adam had a disastrous start, getting past by his teammate. Further back, opportunistic pass by Tofu BRO made Rejekt check up, which saw mild contact made between Trespasser and Texas, which lost them momentum and places down into Turn 2.

Clumsy contact into the second corner!

Down into Turn 2 saw chaos ensue in the mid-field as the drivers were packed way too closely - with [r]Jeff and AS|Daniel missing their braking points, the latter slamming into Jeff causing a domino effect, with Texas kissing the rear of Trespasser, sending him sideways facing the wrong way. The championship leader, was now 19th and falling back entering the second sector, which only became worse after PitlaneRacer slid out of Turn 3, causing Trespasser to check-up and get rear ended by M@CI3K.

From 10th to 23rd, the championship leader was now on the back foot.

Up at the front, Ltras broke way too late, handing 2nd on a plate to Cyankill, with Medln and SIMOX slipping through as well. Behind, inter-team scuffle between [TC-R] Nick and Adam began and we would soon see it last throughout the entire race.
Lap 2 saw our first retirement - Tofu BRO retiring with excessive lag, a pity considering his pace up with the front of the pack.

Huge impact and a roll into Tunnel 2

As the field spread saw cars find their own rhythm, Pete was clocking out near the front, with the trailing pack slowly falling back. [RDSR] Cyankill fell victim to a disconnect, forcing a retirement out of a strong second place, with Medln and SIMOX promoted into 2nd and 3rd.

Shortly after, we saw our one and only Safety Car period, with [MRc] Michal losing the rear over the crest entering Tunnel 2, slamming into the wall at unabated speed and rolling over - ending his race from 13th place.
The drivers toured the circuit as the Safety Car waited at the first corner, with majority of the field taking their compulsory pit on that lap.

[LCS-R] Ltras, Gabor and [LCS-R] Texas among others took their chances, staying out, gaining track position and leapfrogging to the front of the field, with (FR) Seb choosing to pit on the second safety car lap, dropping out of a strong top-10 position. Medln suffered a disconnect during the SC period, taking him out of contention to challenge for the race victory.

Race restart on Lap 9

The restart got underway, with Pete getting the jump over Ltras, pulling out a small lead, before the latter closed the gap right down for a tough duel that lasted for the majority of the race, with Pete unable to turn his car on for the second stint.

The off-pace [TC-R] Elmo half-spun against [WCL] T.Soini at the Dipper, dropping him to the rear of the field.
As the field once again spread out, it was clear the top 2 both had the pace to win, and soon a gap formed to 3rd and 4th who were now occupied by Nick and Adam, after fighting past Gabor, who pitted soon after in a failed alternate strategy.

The battle for 3rd intensified

The charge from championship contender, Trespasser

Meanwhile back in Trespasser's world, it was a smooth comeback, slowly picking off positions as he raised himself to 9th by the mid-way point of the race.

Battles were few and far between, with Jeff, Rejekt and Gabor in a tussle for the minor points, and the top 2 now a staggering 9 seconds ahead of 3rd, but all would soon be exciting again as the for the podium kicked off once more.

Ltras pitting and emerging right in the huge battle for the podium

Ltras, on the alternate strategy, had built up enough of a gap to drop himself back into the tail of the battle for the podium, with [TC-R] Adam holding off the [LCS-R] driver for a nail-biting 3-way tussle for 3rd with SIMOX in close proximity behind. Paint was exchanged and tempers rose, but ultimately it was a crazy battle which saw Adam eventually come out on top!

The battle for the minor points at the end of the race

Further back, Texas tried but failed to hold AS|Daniel behind, settling for 8th, ahead of Jeff and Gabor, with Trespasser only coming home in 11th following a last-lap racing incident with [r]Jeff. A final lap incident on the pit exit with GT4Tube and (FR) Seb saw both receive a reprimand for avoidable contact.

Up at the front though, we thought we saw the last of him in Round 3 - but [TC-R] Pete proves the doubters wrong and claims his second victory in LRL and full points haul with it! [TC-R] Nick and his teammate Adam round off a 1-2-3 for team TC Racing, with Ltras and SIMOX finishing best of the rest in 4th and 5th. A decent outing by Ngottini sees him grab 6th, with Trespasser finishing a dismal race in 11th, ahead of GT4tube with the final points scoring position.

Driver's Championship as of Round 4

Pete places himself back into the championship fight as we head to the last of three rounds in LRL's Triple header. With a tight mid-field battle in the standings as well, we look forward to the next race on the 13th of July at the principality - Monaco!

Round 5 - Monaco, UF1 (13 July 2019)
Round 6 - Woodland Raceway, FZ5 (27 July 2019)

Attached files
LRL Round 4 R.mpr - 12.3 MB - 603 views
LRL Round 4 Q.mpr - 6.7 MB - 460 views
LRL Round 5 Info

Round 5 confirmed will be this Saturday 13th July at Monaco.

The final event in LRL's mid season triple-header! The tight confines of the principality come to Live For Speed!

BL2X_MINI_MONACO
Laps: 29
Cars: UF1
Wind: Off
Weather: Clear Day
Server PW: lay0uts
Mandatory pitstop: Yes
Track Record: 1:20.33 (Alexx, UF1)
Previous Event: 2017 LCS Castrol UF1 Series
Server connect URL: Layout Racing League
Round 5 Event News Article : N/A

Provisional LRL Event Calander - Subject to changes
Round 5 - Mini Monaco, Car Class: UF1 (13 July 2019)

15:15 UTC - Start of 20 minute qualifying session
15:35 UTC - 5 minute break
15:40 UTC - Drivers briefing
15:45-15:50 UTC - Race Session start

Rules > https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1948610#post1948610

Round 6 - Woodland Raceway, FZ5 (27 July 2019)
Round 7 - Rony RGE Sprint 8 Reversed, XRT (3 August 2019) [Subject to change]
Round 8 - Hong Kong E-Prix Circuit, GTi (31 August 2019)
Round 9 - Norisring, TBO (7 September 2019) SEASON FINALE

Round 5 confirmed

Points system -
Top 12
(P1) 18-14-12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (P12)
1 point for Fastest Lap
Quote from mbutcher :Are you going to race this weekend? Please say yes! Big grin

Would like to but unfortunately no Frown
Quote from Botswanan Salama :Would like to but unfortunately no Frown

Dang! Do join us another time Smile Your pace is welcomed at the front of the field Na-na
Round 5 - Mini Monaco Qualifying Reminder

Qualifying for LRL Round 5 takes place at 15:15 UTC today, 13 July 2019.
USA, Washington DC - 11:15
United Kingdom - 16:15
Tokyo - 00:15
Australia - 1:15
Finland - 18:15
Server connect URL: Layout Racing League
Round 5 server password : lay0uts
Server is passworded 30 minutes before Qualification!

Server is open and practice session is underway
Series Rules & Regulations : https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1948610#post1948610
LRL Qualifying for Round 5 at Monaco begins in 5 minutes!
Teho | Ngottini
(\/)J Pickard
Race
Lap 15
Pickard went for a stupid divebomb into turn 2 and hit me, which helped him get closer into turn 3 and make a move that was maybe clean but still all came from the hit in turn 2.
Quote from Viperakecske :Hello.
Lap 28 Rayman flip in the chicane,everyone just slow down and LCS Texaa hit me in the back,and i spun.And i drop back from 6th to 11th!
https://imgur.com/LdbDbae

https://imgur.com/KIGMiAF

https://imgur.com/yH8vTPX

Big apologies for that, GaboR. Completely my fault i misjudged that. After my stop i stuck before small group including you, overtook Ltras and then was you. In that situation for a while was looking like you are going wide basing on your driving direction (check attached picture) and i decided to take adventage from that but obviously that wasn't the case and we crashed. I'm sorry.
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
Hi drivers who are protesting, please use the following format (found in Regulation in page 1) next time when protesting incidents, thank you.

/5 - Protest form

5.1 Please use the following form when filing a report:
5.1.1 Your in-game name:
5.1.2 Protested driver's in-game name:
5.1.3 Session (e.g. qual, race):
5.1.4 Lap(if race session):
5.1.5 Timecode of the incident:
5.1.6 A brief explanation about the incident:

As of 14/7/2019, 1728 UTC

1) [LCS-R] Texas <> Gabor
LCS-R] Texas will receive a 5-second time penalty for Causing a Collision.
2) Teho Ngottini <> V.Pickard
V.Pickard will receive a Reprimand for Contact Warning (2), Causing a Collision
3) [AMG] Derinus
[AMG] Derinus will receive a Disqualification for Failure to serve Penalty within stipulated laps (Drive Through)
[Others]
V.Pickard - Contact Warning (1) Lap 15
GT4Tube - Drive Through Penalty - Pit Exit Violation

Any further protests on other incidents please follow format above. Thank you.
Race Report may not be published tomorrow due to personal circumstances, will be out by the weekdays.
It's hard for me to deal with that penalty cuz 5 secs under SC finish means im gonna be last, you could dsq me as well and a result would be the same but yeah i deserved that and need to accept it.
Apologies for the savage lunge out of the swimming pool Texas. At the time I thought it felt like a good move, but having reviewed the replay, it was opportunistic and I could've been more patient and waited for another corner.

There was a good deal of luck involved in my win today, but I enjoyed myself immensely, cool little track. Sadly I'll miss the next 2 races, but I hope I can still fight for the championship by rounds 8 and 9. Cheers!
I posted videos from last two rounds. First yesterday's more successful one:

And last week's:
Quote from mbutcher :Apologies for the savage lunge out of the swimming pool Texas. At the time I thought it felt like a good move, but having reviewed the replay, it was opportunistic and I could've been more patient and waited for another corner.

No worries, If I were at your position i would do the same. Behind the wheel from my perspective firstly I thought it was harsh move and I was pissed off cuz of that especially when I lost 2 positions there but after watching the replay i think it's ok even if was on the edge Smile
huge appologizes to Sobis and GT4 that i wildly overtook under sc . I was even not understanding why they were horning at me .the only explanation i can give is that i was not paying attention what so ever to what was written in the chat window .......so I had no idea that the safety car was on track till I joined the cue .I have a lot to learn and I ll try to improve !!sorry again for the frustration i may have sprayed Frown
Your in-game name: [TC-R] Elmo
Protested driver's in-game name: M@CI3K
Session: Race
Lap: 6
Timecode of the incident: 00:08:23
A brief explanation about the incident:
I was hit from behind when pulling into the first pit stall, which caused be to spin and lose just over 4 seconds. This cost me 2 places (I would have crossed the pit-exit SC line right behind Jeff, based on time loss).
M@CI3K didn't brake at all and only lifted off throttle briefly as contact was made.
Quote from derinus :huge appologizes to Sobis and GT4 that i wildly overtook under sc . I was even not understanding why they were horning at me .the only explanation i can give is that i was not paying attention what so ever to what was written in the chat window .......so I had no idea that the safety car was on track till I joined the cue .I have a lot to learn and I ll try to improve !!sorry again for the frustration i may have sprayed Frown

No hard feelings from me, stuff happens and in the end I couldn't finish either way.
Quote from Degats :Your in-game name: [TC-R] Elmo
Protested driver's in-game name: M@CI3K
Session: Race
Lap: 6
Timecode of the incident: 00:08:23
A brief explanation about the incident:
I was hit from behind when pulling into the first pit stall, which caused be to spin and lose just over 4 seconds. This cost me 2 places (I would have crossed the pit-exit SC line right behind Jeff, based on time loss).
M@CI3K didn't brake at all and only lifted off throttle briefly as contact was made.

Above mentioned incident will be investigated

Layout Racing League Season 1 - ended
(185 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG