The online racing simulator
LRL Round 2 INFO

Round 2 confirmed will be this Saturday 15th June at the Mid-Town Ring race track

Get ready for speedy action!

BL1Y_Midtown_Ring
Laps: 22
Cars: XRT
Wind: Off
Weather: Clear Day
Server PW: lay0uts
Mandatory pitstop: Yes
Track Record: 1:35.77 ([6S] Getrag, XRT)
Previous Event: LRL Pre-Season Round 0
Server connect URL: Layout Racing League

Provisional LRL Event Calander - Subject to changes
Round 2 - Mid-Town Ring, Car Class : XRT (15 June 2019)

15:15 UTC - Start of 20 minute qualifying session
15:35 UTC - 5 minute break
15:40 UTC - Drivers briefing
15:45-15:50 UTC - Race Session start

Rules > https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1948610#post1948610

Round 3 - Lmaoring, GTi (29 June 2019)
Round 4 - Scawen's Racetrack, LX4 (6 July 2019) [Subject to change]
Round 5 - Monaco, UF1 (13 July 2019)
Round 6 - Woodland Raceway, FZ5 (27 July 2019)
Round 7 - Rony RGE Sprint 8 Reversed, XRT (3 August 2019) [Subject to change]
Round 8 - Hong Kong E-Prix Circuit, GTi (31 August 2019)
Round 9 - Norisring, TBO (7 September 2019) SEASON FINALE

Round 2 confirmed

Points system -
Top 12
(P1) 18-14-12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (P12)
1 point for Fastest Lap
I don't find the server anymore.
Quote from lucaf :I don't find the server anymore.

It'll be back online in 5 hours, sorry for the inconvenience Big grin
Round 2 - Mid-Town Ring Qualifying Reminder

Qualifying for LRL Round 2 takes place at 15:15 UTC today, 15 June 2019.
USA, Washington DC - 11:15
United Kingdom - 16:15
Tokyo - 00:15
Australia - 1:15
Finland - 18:15
Server connect URL: Layout Racing League
Round 2 server password : lay0uts
Server is passworded 30 minutes before Qualification!

Server is open and practice session is underway
It's Le Mans raceday Frown
Damn clashes
Hey could you add LRL to league section? Smile
I'll see to that! Thanks! // LRL round 2 Qualifying begins in 5 minutes!

Quote from Sobis :Hey could you add LRL to league section? Smile

Reporting Azyer (AzyerGames) for dangerous driving on lap 5 (mpr 7:34), he having plenty of space, tries to squeeze me ending up sideways. Mpr shows it all; his wheel was wobbling right and left while the track was straight.

In case it was a lag hit, I attach here my mpr which shows the sequence from my point of view (1) pushed by Azyer into wall 2) bounce from wall back to Azyer
Attached files
LRL MidTown round2.mpr - 9.1 MB - 449 views
Was fun race today.

Quote from lucaf :@GT4tube, did you choose such setup for purpose? Your car behaves like and old american car, I mean old.

Yeah xD My set called "GTA IV" like physics. xD
Your in-game name: AA™| Azyer
Protested driver's in-game name: 9397
Session (e.g. qual, race): Race
Lap(if race session): 5
Timecode of the incident: 7:25.84
A brief explanation about the incident: Coming out of Turn 2, i was side by side with Luca. As we got further down the straight, we became further closer to each other, at the left kink in the straight, Luca sweeps away from the armco, in straight line, cutting my line off i was travelling. This then caused me to be spun off into the armco at the right hand side of the track. Which when i restarted moving, escalated into a further accident.
Race 2 has concluded, protests please put them here using this form format :
Your in-game name:
Protested driver's in-game name:
Session (e.g. qual, race):
Lap(if race session):
Timecode of the incident:

Azyer - 9397 Incident will be relooked into further prior to race review.

Thank you all racers and stay tune for announcement for Round 2 race date. See you on track!
The incident between 9397 and AA™| Azyer has been looked into, and is ruled off as a racing incident due to unawareness and misjudgment of driving lines.

When the first contact occured, 9397's car had a overlap and therefore should have a right of the inside line, and Azyer was too late to defend the inside line. Considering how much space was left on the outside, this incident could've been avoided and it was misfortunate that people got caught in the aftermath.

Luckily the straight was cleared out quickly enough to not cause any further issues and the race could continue. Thanks for racing everyone, it was a good show Smile
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
Of course it was a racing incident and no one should have been penalised. Azyer was on the outside, had a lot of space on his right side and it was easier for him to avoid that crash cuz it was easier to turn a little right for Azyer than turn more to the left for 9397.

Quote from nikopdr :
Luckily the straight was cleared out quickly enough to not cause any further issues and the race could continue.

Actually it is not very true cuz many guys from behind came with high speed at the end on the straight when Azyer crashed and it caused further chaos but it was racing incident anyway Smile
Quote from texxxas :Of course it was a racing incident and no one should have been penalised.

I don't see any racing incident there, just stubborn attitude to "race" by pushing on others lane. Just don't get how this happen by a league member. But wasn't so surprised of it after all, actually was expecting something to happen already in t1.

Maybe not worth penalty, but at least a warning.

Quote from texxxas :
was easier for him to avoid that crash

Eh...he was the only that could have avoid it because he caused it Big grin If I was not there, he would have choosed the natural racing line pointing towards right side, but as Nova said, he tried to defend something that he was already lost. And on top of that, after the race he thanked me for "squeezing him".
I can understand his intention, he tried to squeeze you a little bit to slow you down but in that place on the track it was a stupid move and tbh if i was at your place i wouldnt expect that kind of move from him. That's why i believe none of you deserves a penalty even though his tightening his line was stupid here.
Shame because of that a few guys including me were involved in that later on and Derinus had to retire
Quote from texxxas :in that place on the track it was a stupid move

Fully agree with this
Quote from texxxas :I can understand his intention, he tried to squeeze you a little bit to slow you down but in that place on the track it was a stupid move and tbh if i was at your place i wouldnt expect that kind of move from him. That's why i believe none of you deserves a penalty even though his tightening his line was stupid here.
Shame because of that a few guys including me were involved in that later on and Derinus had to retire

From what I saw in the replay, there was some kind of incident between you three before it even came close to me. No idea if it was caused by me but it just looked like 3 didn't go into 1
"Get ready for speedy action"....

:DDDDDD

EDIT: This was of course a blunt first impression to see about Round 2...

Question in advance: When this "season" is over, Willing to do next one? I guess it is "Layout Racing League", I thought it would support almost any kind of layout... but all of them seems to be circuit stuff. More variety in future! (Y)
I had a few layouts in store but they wouldn't fit the format, like for example "4 laps with mandatory pitstop at schwarzwald" Big grin I might do that as a bonus round after the series is completed, maybe 6 laps without mandatory pitstop with TBO since they are quite even. It's a ~12km long layout with lots of long straights and technical corners Big grin

Considering it's a racing league though, everything needs to be mostly kept in circuits but i guess something like a rallycross heat system could be used with a point-to-point layout as well, but that has to be discussed and the future of the series after this season is still uncertain.

Thanks for the input though Smile
Quote from nikopdr :I had a few layouts in store but they wouldn't fit the format, like for example "4 laps with mandatory pitstop at schwarzwald" Big grin I might do that as a bonus round after the series is completed, maybe 6 laps without mandatory pitstop with TBO since they are quite even. It's a ~12km long layout with lots of long straights and technical corners Big grin

Considering it's a racing league though, everything needs to be mostly kept in circuits but i guess something like a rallycross heat system could be used with a point-to-point layout as well, but that has to be discussed and the future of the series after this season is still uncertain.

Thanks for the input though Smile

Yes! Anything will do! As long as variation is "unlimited", it would be good to go! Perhaps some kind of "randomness" would be a good one! Who knows.

EDIT: Something slow, fast, jumpy, sharpy, slumpy, funny, boring, stupid, hilarious, insane, hard, difficult, ez, autorun, random, airflowing, old, new, unique, standard, common, uncommon, wise, limited, unlimited or anything between with those.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Yes! Anything will do! As long as variation is "unlimited", it would be good to go! Perhaps some kind of "randomness" would be a good one! Who knows.

EDIT: Something slow, fast, jumpy, sharpy, slumpy, funny, boring, stupid, hilarious, insane, hard, difficult, ez, autorun, random, airflowing, old, new, unique, standard, common, uncommon, wise, limited, unlimited or anything between with those.

Have you seen the next track (lmaoring) that is loaded on the server? Made some laps yesterday, its amazing and so fun with XRG. It doesn't look special at all, but when you drive it, its really juicy.
Quote from Sobis :Hey could you add LRL to league section? Smile

Yes Sobis - LRL is now officially in the LFS League Section!
Quote from lucaf :Have you seen the next track (lmaoring) that is loaded on the server? Made some laps yesterday, its amazing and so fun with XRG. It doesn't look special at all, but when you drive it, its really juicy.

I do know yes. However, it does not exceed to my demanding opinions, when its about layouts
LRL Round 2 Event Results

Layout Racing League - Round 2, Mid-Town Ring, Race Summary

The grid jumps across the LFS virtual globe to Blackwood Custom, for Round 2 at challenging Mid-Town Ring! Racers battled hard, but fair, providing great racing but it was [TC-R] Pete who took the hat-trick - the qualifying, race win and fastest lap!

Qualifying

Drivers turned up for Round 2 of LRL eager to advance in the championship. Qualifying was once again very tense, with Pete setting the early pace ahead of Trespasser. The tight confines of the circuit saw drivers struggle to find an opening to set a clean lap, with the mid-field pace being ridiculously close, separated by tenths.

However, it was Pete who nailed a stunning hot lap to put himself 7 tenths ahead of closest rival, new-comer B2r spiky, who himself put a great lap to take P2 ahead of the championship leader, Trespasser.
RG Mandula, having had only a few laps on the circuit, put in a respectable time to sneak into the top 10 ahead of Michal. For the first time, we see two drivers - Matt and Suzuki, fail to make the cut for the race, qualifying outside the 107% requirement time.

Race

16. PitlaneRacer +2L Technical, 17. AA|Azyer +11L Mechanical, 18. [AMG] Derinus +14L Mechnical, 19. Matt +22L DNQ, 20. Suzuki +22L DNQ
Fastest Lap : [TC] Pete - 1:35.18
Penalties :
AA|Azyer DRIVE THROUGH PENALTY - PIT EXIT VIOLATION

Round 2 throws the drivers into the high speed Mid-Town Ring, and it was a spectacle!

Pete leads the charge down into the braking zone at Turn 3

It was a clean getaway for the field, tussling hard but cleanly as they exited Turn 1. Trespasser managed to pass Spiky to take 2nd down to the sweeping left hander as Pete clocked out and pulled away from the cars behind. Further back, Derinus out-braked himself into the first turn, dropping spots, while Sobis had a poor start, dropping from 14th down to the back of the grid, before repassing PitlaneRacer and Soini, who scraped the wall down the back straight!

The well-behaved field into the Carpark Hairpin

A man on the move

As the field settled into position, Ngottini, who qualified towards the rear of the field, appeared to have a better race pace, and was soon crawling his way up the order, passing several rivals to be in 11th by the 3rd lap; he would later go on the finish a well-earned 8th! Sobis, who was dropped to the rear, was also moving up the pack, making a very hairy pass on Jeff for 12th down to Turn 3.

The talking point of the race - racing incident, bad driving, or something else?

Lap 5 and the battle for 6th was hotting up between 9397 and Azyer. Heading down the back straight into Turn 3 - contact is made! Azyer is sent into a half spin against the barrier, causing drivers behind to take avoiding action. Mandula brakes to avoid the out-of-control car, and Derinus brakes as well. LCS-R Texas however, unsighted, barrels into him at unabated speed, sending the AMG driver spinning on the track, before being collected once more by MRc Michal, left with no where to go! Major damage to both Michal and Derinus, the latter subsequently retiring out of a strong top-10 position.

Post-race, the race stewards have decided that the 9397-Azyer incident is a Racing Incident. Both drivers misjudged the amount of space they had, with 9397 not running a tight-enough line, and Azyer squeezing him too much, coming off worse. What do you think of this decision?

The battle for 4th position

The race settled into place, as the pit-stop sequence cycled through itself, kicked off by Ngottini. Mandula and Azyer were the first of the mid-field to take their pit-stops, with Azyer running astray over the pit-exit line, receiving a Drive-Through Penalty, and retiring shortly after with damage from his earlier scuffle. Out at the front, the top 4 were still yet to pit, with Pete now having a staggering 9-second lead to Trespasser in 2nd, who was safely ahead of Spiky, with the B2r driver now coming under sustained pressure from [6S] SIMOX.

Dominating the race, Pete emerged back in the lead after his pit

The Saxon Gate chicane was waiting to claim it's first victim, and it was GT4tube who kissed it, sending him into a spin and back down the order, eventually finishing last in 15th, a disappointment considering his good finish during the Pre-Season race! Lap 13 saw Trespasser pit from 2nd in the race, hoping to gain an undercut or benefit from a Safety Car, however, the following lap saw race leader Pete pit for his compulsory pit stop, having built such a commanding lead that he emerged out back in the lead, ahead of the battle between Spiky and SIMOX for effective 3rd.

Simox pitted after a race-long battle for the podium with Spiky, hoping to leap ahead of him, with Spiky being off-pace. However, Simox emerged right behind Trespasser, who was struggling in his second stint, and this battle was hurting both drivers badly; so much so, that on the penultimate lap, Spiky pit and came out ahead of both!

Overtake of the race - Trespasser passes Spiky

Trespasser did not leave anything to chance, passing freshly-pitted Spiky right around the outside into Turn 2 for 2nd, an unprecedented passing maneuver, surely the moment of the race! With the bad exit out of the corner, Spiky had to defend from SIMOX, going side-by-side into Turn 3, with minimal contact, fending off to finish on the podium.

Meanwhile, at the front it was [TC-R] Pete stamping his dominance and claiming his first win in LRL, ahead of his main rival Trespasser, with Spiky finishing in 3rd ahead of Simox and 9397, whom had managed to jump several drivers like Katila in the pit stops. Ngottini and Sobis both found themselves in the points after a great drive, with Jeff and [MRc] KIG just missing out on the final point.
With the fastest lap going to Pete once more, he gets an extra point, and moves himself into top spot in the driver's championship.

Driver's Championship

An exciting championship is ahead - see you for the next race in 2 week's time, 29 June 2019 (date to be confirmed) for Round 3 at Lmaoring!
Round 3 - Lmaoring, GTi (29 June 2019) - TO BE CONFIRMED
Round 4 - Scawen's Racetrack, LX4 (6 July 2019)
Attached files
LRL Round 2 Race.mpr - 9.3 MB - 474 views
LRL Round 2 Quali.mpr - 5.2 MB - 411 views
that helicopter camera looks amazing :o

Layout Racing League Season 1 - ended
(185 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG