The online racing simulator
Layout Racing League Season 1 - ended
Provisional LRL Event Calander - Subject to changes
Round 1 - Broker Hill National, GTi (8 June 2019)
Round 2 - Mid-Town Ring, XRT (15 June 2019)
Round 3 - Lmaoring, GTi (29 June 2019)
Round 4 - Scawen's Racetrack, LX4 (6 July 2019)
Round 5 - Monaco, UF1 (13 July 2019)
Round 6 - Woodland Raceway, XRT (27 July 2019)
Round 7 - Rony RGE Sprint 8 Reversed, FZ5 (3 August 2019) [Subject to change]
Round 8 - Hong Kong E-Prix Circuit, GTi (31 August 2019)
Round 9 - Norisring, TBO (7 September 2019) SEASON FINALE

15:15 UTC - Start of 20 minute qualifying session
15:35 UTC - 5 minute break
15:40 UTC - Drivers briefing
15:45-15:50 UTC - Race Session start

Points system -
Top 12
(P1) 18-14-12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (P12)
+ 1 (One) point for Fastest Lap

No signup is required to enter the event, but you must comply with the rules below.

Quote :
// Series rules & regulations

/ 1 - Qualifying Procedures

1.1 Standard LFS qualifying procedure is followed. This means telepitting, etc. is allowed.
1.2 Do not block the racing line on your warmup lap, if a hotlapping car is coming from behind. Find a safe place to let the hotlapping car past without interrupting their hotlap(s).
1.3 Before exiting pits, look at the minimap to ensure you're not joining the track in front of anyone starting their hotlap.
1.4 Pit exit line cannot be crossed with more than 2 wheels when entering/exiting the pits.
1.5 Drivers who fail to reach 107% of the pole position time will not be allowed to start the race.

/ 2 - Pre Race Procedures

2.1 A 5 minute break will take place after qualifying.
2.2 After the break at 15:40 UTC, a Drivers briefing session will take place. Drivers are to be present in the server. Discord and Teamspeak are not required.
2.3 Any driver who has questions related to the event should put forth their enquires during this briefing.

/3 - Race Procedures

3.1 The race will begin at 15:45 UTC.
3.1.1 Each event will have a specific lapcount that should end up in around 40 minutes of racing time.
3.2 Each race has one mandatory pitstop, no work needed during pitstop. Pit entry and exit lines are to be respected, just like rule 1.4.
3.3 The race will start using the standard grid format.
3.4 Drivers are to respect the Rules of Clean Racing and general racing etiquette. Any racer found to be racing with intent of crashing or causing problems will not be allowed to take part in the series.
3.5 A flipped or badly damaged vehicle should be stopped on track safely away from the racing line. Do not spectate unless told.
3.6 Post-race Penalties will be applied for incidents during the race.
3.6.1 Infractions are only looked into, if the affected driver(s) have launched a protest. If a driver has been found to breach a rule or commit an avoidable racing incident, a penalty will be applied. (Refer Index 4 - Penalties)
3.6.2 A Safety Car may be called on track in case of a major accident. (Refer Index 6 - Safety Car Procedure)
3.7 Drivers who complete the race should carry on past the finish line and not stop abruptly, or drive wrong way.
3.8 During a pit stop, there should not be any driver changes. The driver whom qualifies the car must finish the race.

/4 - Penalties

4.1 A driver may be given a post race time penalty if he/she is found to have caused an avoidable incident or if a rule is broken.
4.1.1 Time penalties are only to be given by the Race Marshalls.
4.1.2 Time penalties range from 10 to 30 seconds.
4.2 A grid penalty may be given for the next race depending in scale of offence.
4.3 In extreme cases, a suspension from the league will be applied.
4.3 Protests are to be posted in the Series forum thread at www.lfs.net/forum. (See Index 5 - Protest form)
4.4 A driver must not undertake any pit stop during serving of a issued Penalty in-race.

/5 - Protest form

5.1 Please use the following form when filing a report:
5.1.1 Your in-game name:
5.1.2 Protested driver's in-game name:
5.1.3 Session (e.g. qual, race):
5.1.4 Lap(if race session):
5.1.5 Timecode of the incident:
5.1.6 A brief explanation about the incident:

/6 - Safety Car Procedure

6.1 If a car/cars are stuck in a dangerous position on track, the Safety Car may be called out on track.
6.2 The disabled car should not spectate until a Marshall gives permission.
6.3 an RCM message will appear on your screens to signal a Safety Car period on track.
6.4 Drivers are to slow down and proceed with caution. Drivers are also expected to line up single-file.
6.4.1 Passing is strictly forbidden during the Safety Car period. However if a car in front of you is pitting, you may advance to the pitting driver's position in the Safety Car queue.
6.4.2 Drivers can speed up to catch the safety car and/or the queue. Safety Car speed under caution will be defined during drivers briefing.
6.5 Pitlane remains open during Safety Car period.
6.6 A RCM message will be given on screen to signal the last lap of Safety Car period.
6.7 The race leader MUST maintain the SC period speed of 100 km/h (60 mph) when Safety Car leaves the pack to enter pits.
6.8 The leader of the race must maintain 100 km/h (60 mph) until the restart line. After this line has been passed, the leader may choose to accelerate at any place between the Restart line and S/F line.
6.9 The restart line is defined by 3 green cones each side of the track a few hundred meters before Start/Finish line.
6.10 Passing is strictly prohibited before Start/Finish line on restarts.

/7 - Miscellaneous

7.1 Cars which are stuck out-of-bounds are not considered a danger.
7.2 Mid-race joining is disabled.
7.3 The car class and race information schedule will be published on the Series forum thread.
7.4 Other offences committed that do not fall into this Rules and Regulation area will be investigated by the Race Marshalls accordingly.
7.5 Any drivers caught using cheats or hacks or other means of unfair advantage will not be able to partake in the event, and depending on the severity of the infraction, may be suspended from the series for a specified period of time.

A test race will be held at 01.06.2019. The server will be passworded 30 minutes before qualifying session starts at 14:45 UTC.

Test race details:
BL1Y_Midtown_Ring

Laps: 22
Cars: XRT
Wind: Off
Weather: Cloudy Sunset
Server PW: TBA
Track Record: TBA
Mandatory pitstop: Yes
Server connect URL: Layout Racing League
Attached images
midtown.png
#2 - Sobis
Yay, XRT action! Consider me interested!

E: Ah i only now noticed the time of the test. It's likely that I won't be available as well (this specific saturday, other saturdays are good) :/
#3 - rik97
Can't be there as day and times are not the best for me. But a good sort of event, I hope it will succeed Thumbs up
Welcome to the series and we hope to see you all there this Saturday for this Non-Championship promo race!
Niko and I will be your race marshals and hopefully we'll have the Safety Car driver ready as well.

Remember, when you flip or sustain damage that makes your car nearly or completely immovable, do not quick-spectate. Wait for the marshal's decision!

IMPORTANT!
Safety car will be called through onscreen RCM - Race Control Message.
When shown, drivers are to slow to 100 kph, or 60 mph. No passing!

Pitwork is not required, however, pit strategy is encouraged!

General racing etiquette is to be observed, do not cause crashes. As with any league, complaints and protests are to be published here once the event is over.

LRL Season 1 Calendar (Subject to changes)
Provisional LRL Event Calander - Subject to changes
Round 1 - Broker Hill National, GTi (8 June 2019)
Round 2 - Mid-Town Ring, XRT (15 June 2019)
Round 3 - Lmaoring, GTi (29 June 2019)
Round 4 - Scawen's Racetrack, LX4 (6 July 2019) [Subject to change]
Round 5 - Monaco, UF1 (13 July 2019)
Round 6 - Woodland Raceway, FZ5 (27 July 2019)
Round 7 - Rony RGE Sprint 8 Reversed, XRT (3 August 2019) [Subject to change]
Round 8 - Hong Kong E-Prix Circuit, XFG (31 August 2019)
Round 9 - Norisring, TBO (7 September 2019) SEASON FINALE

Qualifying time : 1515 UTC
USA, Washington DC - 11:15
United Kingdom - 16:15
Tokyo - 00:15
Australia - 1:15
Finland - 18:15
It's nice to see something new being organized. Personally - the time and day not really working for me,I'll always will favour some action outside the virtual world at the weekends,but could join occasionally.
Im interested, but cannot attend the test round due to already planned activities...
Rats, can't make it. iRacing Le Mans 24 hour this weekend. Frown
Same as mbutcher, lemans all the way. Good luck btw
#9 - Sobis
Consider pushing the test date 1 week? I believe I should be available next Saturday.
Nice layout, nice car select. Like!
Quote from Mikus1212 :Same as mbutcher, lemans all the way. Good luck btw

I've ended up spotting for a team in the 24 this time. Won the Nurb24 in our split in the Miata last month though Big grin
Just to mention: the server is listed as cruise server in the multiplayer list - may be diffcult to find for anybody who uses the "Race" filter. (sorry for bringing this thread back on topic)
Also there is lack of signs on this track. When you exit the pits, for the first time especially, you don't really know which way is correct so I would suggest to put some arrows to show where is pit exit.

I would love to have also distanse signs for more corners cuz currently only few corners have got it.
Quote from texxxas :Also there is lack of signs on this track. When you exit the pits, for the first time especially, you don't really know which way is correct so I would suggest to put some arrows to show where is pit exit.

I would love to have also distanse signs for more corners cuz currently only few corners have got it.

For example the start points could be rotated towards the direction of pit exit so one need not to guess between left or right.

About other signs, during first laps I was also missing that kind of information texas mentioned. But after doing some 20 laps and coming familiar with the track, I don't need signs anymore.
I'll see what i can do, the layout has 2100 objects so it won't be easy Big grin Or is it possible to display a pop-up message via airio when joining on track? Fixed the cruise filter now, too. Big grin
Aforementioned suggestions may be taken into consideration and circuit tweaks made before Qualifying tomorrow.

Thanks!
I see you don't have plans to move the test 1 week later? I'd love to participate if it were happening next week just like a few others I believe Smile.
I'm interested as well, but I agree with others as I can't attend this weekend Frown
@Pete @sobis @Mandul

Do not worry! The season proper will feature exciting, new tracks and races and will take place next month (June) onwards!

Stay tuned for the annoucement, but for now, this pre-season race event is on tomorrow Smile
Hope to see this layout also in the championship!
sounds fun!
A reminder for today's event,

Race will be held at 01.06.2019. The server will be passworded 30 minutes before qualifying session starts at 14:45 UTC.

15:15 UTC - Start of 20 minute qualifying session
15:35 UTC - 5 minute break
15:40 UTC - Drivers briefing
15:45-15:50 UTC - Race Session start

DRIVERS WHO ARE NOT PRESENT FOR THE DRIVER BRIEFING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RACE.
Server's been passworded a bit late, pw is "lay0uts"
LRL Pre-Season Race
Attention!

The qualifying for Pre-season race at Mid Town Ring will begin soon, in 15 minutes.

Please get into the server for qualifying. Server is passworded with password "lay0uts".

Remember, if you are not present for Driver Briefing you may not be able to start the race!
Server name is Layout Racing League.
Pre-Season Race has concluded!

A class act from 9397 sees him win the race with WCL Kalita behind in P2 and AS™|Kadir holding off GT4tube with nail-biting final laps for the podium spots. Race review coming soon!

Layout Racing League Season 1 - ended
(185 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG