The online racing simulator
Yes.....and no.
Well, i'd say yes, a 'simulator' like LFS can really give you a feel for driving. It can help you coordinate steering, gas, brake, and possibly shifting (if you have shifter and clutch).
One of the hardest things to do when you begin driving is coordinating all these things WHILE being aware of your surroundings and following the driving codes.

Like people posted above me, LFS can't do much for that last part.

Nonetheless, LFS is great for learning vehicle dynamics. Developing reflexes in cases of emergency can also save your life and LFS can really help training those reflexes.
What to do when you are over/understeering, locking up wheels or recovering from a slide. I always say the best way to learn how not to lose control is to learn
to lose control and recover. You have to know where your car's limits are for you to avoid them. A snow covered parking lot is great for that. When it's not snowing,
LFS can be a usefull alternative.

So yes......and no. You should still do all the driving classes you can, LFS will just give you a small edge when driving on the road. Just remember the blue flag when on the fast lane...lol
It definitely helps, I had been practicing in LFS for couple weeks and only had driven my friend's car for 30 minutes before I took the road test. Surprisingly, I passed the test at the first time. So I guess practicing in Sims would help you driving in real life for sure.
Yes and no. If you're an absolute beginner in real life then you can relax learning how to use throttle, brake, clutch, gearshift. This is not about the game physics but the motoric process of Hand and foot.
LFS learned me bunch of things about car positioning in corners, how to prepare car before corner, being in correct gear and powerband. But I agree, without practice irl its nothing
... its upsetting to see so many have forgotten the true about driving, like my real life humans like to phase me out on what i love the most in this life, hard driving, and just for the record, u sure as **** CAN learn how to drive in real on this, im 36 been playing since first demo day in 2002, it definately sharpened me a lot thru the years, yes in real, its all in how u treat it, controls are a major thing with feeling and throwing the wheel around to the feedback but,t he physics itself is very good. P.S perfection does not exist, and i myself love th graphics in this because of the simple fact pc gets mainly the driving physics to handle and not retarted pointless shiny shit.
Holy shat what a thread bump
bump
Experience first
You should have a very expensive simualtor to do serious pracice.

BOEING 737-800 Professional Simulator

And that's just to strenghten your theory of driving. You could use LFS after you master driving to test new possibilites or scenarios. Then it would make sense. When you have a lot of real life driving experienceg, you can make sense our of LFS simualtor (connect it with something real).

Possible to learn how to drive using LFS?
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG