The online racing simulator
Rony's Tuesday's Fun Race - Extra Large
(240 posts, started , go to first unread)
What a nightmare from start to finish. I apologize to everyone involved... well, that's everyone... for my mistake in the first turn. I simply didn't realize we are already at the end of the straight as I focused on m@ci3k on my right side and was only just getting ready for T1. After that I was a passenger. I have never seen such a short distance from the grid to T1.
Watching replay my tyre got punctured in the very moment I stopped in pit.

@Botsi
Not sure I should feel good or bad about it. One thing for sure, my car skin got your attention.

And then there are those magical walls that shoot you up into the air. I saw 3 flights myself and in 1 of them I was the one flying, unfortunately I ended up on the roof.
Maybe unusual thing, but I'd like to make a protest against myself.

End of lap 3 or 4, don't know exact time.
Katila was in 4th with me right behind him.
Entering the penultimate corner (before pit entry) I made absolutely stupid and unnecessary maneuver onto his inside that forced him off the track and into the lamp post, pretty much ending his chances for any good result.
I know this was not any kind of serious race event, but I feel like I totally deserve some sort of post-race penalty or points deduction for this...
Quote from michal 1279 :I know this was not any kind of serious race event

Rony should ban you for your disgusting heresy
Quote from michal 1279 :Maybe unusual thing, but I'd like to make a protest against myself.

End of lap 3 or 4, don't know exact time.
Katila was in 4th with me right behind him.
Entering the penultimate corner (before pit entry) I made absolutely stupid and unnecessary maneuver onto his inside that forced him off the track and into the lamp post, pretty much ending his chances for any good result.
I know this was not any kind of serious race event, but I feel like I totally deserve some sort of post-race penalty or points deduction for this...

Don't be too hard on yourself Michal. It was unlucky touch and because nature of the track (not real race track, on which real track can you see those kind of road edges like in BL industry area ? and lamp poles just beside track ?) the outcome was worse than in normal race track.
Even after this incident I could have had decent end result but was also victim of those magical walls, sobis is mentioning couple of posts above, on lap 12 which forced me to pit early and repair fully damaged left front suspension. Summa summarum, just forget it and let's move on.
29th RTFR XL results
Qualification:

Race:

Winner:

Race statistics / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated during the week)

* PENALTIES :
[MRc] Michal - receives 10 seconds penalty added to his finish time for pit exit line violation.
[WCL] J.A.Katila - receives 10 seconds penalty added to his finish time for pit exit line violation.
B2マ Tauマo - receives 10 seconds penalty added to his finish time for pit exit line violation.
M@CI3K - receives 5.21 seconds penalty added to his finish time for minimum pit time violation.
Botsi - receives 19.55 seconds penalty added to his finish time for minimum pit time violation.
LLM.Sobis - receives 60 seconds penalty added to his finish time for not completing pitstop requirement.

- - - - - - - - - -

Narrow track and unforgiving barriers was the biggest obstacle this tuesday - barely any overtaking opportunities and relatively minor mistake could make the driver's evening go south in matter of a split second. Still - difficult races are a challenge,the better you perform,the bigger the reward. There were few incidents between some drivers and even few reports,but after reviewing situations,nothing bigger than racing incidents happened. Mistakes happen and there is no need for penalties at such situations unless it's a repetitive behaviour.

2-time winner Spiky was the fastest on this track in pre-race testing and also when it actually mattered - in qualifying,he picked up his 1st ever pole position in RTFR XL,but - he left the position unused due personal reasons. And the 2nd best driver used his chance without being actually challenged - Maddee joined this event for 2nd time and celebrated his 1st win,picking up also his 1st fastest lap of the race and 2nd top5 finish. R.Kardol did find a way past Maddee in 1st lap,but after leading 4 laps he had a technical problem forcing him to let by his opponent. After Maddee's pit,R.Kardol led another 18 laps,but eventually had to give the lead up and settle for 2nd place finish,7th top5 finish for him. Texas survived an incident involving rolling his car,still finished 3rd in final results - still best ever finishing position for the polish driver,who did also improve his best qualifying effort,3 top5 finishes in his account. His countryman Maciek finished 4th and last on lead lap - also best result improvement and 2nd top5 finish. Snoopy finished right behind the leader with 1 lap deficite,5th position for him and 5th top5 finish with it.

* FUN FACT OF THE MONTH :
Despite having almost half of the finishers being penalized,the penalties did not affect positions for most - the only victim was Botsi,who lost 5th position due his too short pitstop. However he would have lost 2 positions,but next driver in results also earned extra 10 seconds...

* CLOCK PITTER OF THE RACE :
Very unlikely for XFG racing,many drivers needed pitwork in this race,but some still finished the full distance with blank pitstop,fastest of them was R.Kardol with 10.34 seconds.

* FIELD RUSHER OF THE RACE :
Only 3 drivers were able to advance in positions,best of them was Rony with +5 effort.

* HONORABLE MENTION :
He picked the combo and had a weak race in it himself and due blown tyre lost a bunch of positions too. Jeff might have learned a lesson on combo choice here.

The winner of this race still hasn't replied about his combo choice for next RTFR XL,he still has time until next tuesday,then the automatic pick will take over. But already next tuesday normal RTFR is scheduled,one of the street legal cars will be used there,more details in the weekend. RTFR won't be the only RGE event next week - 2nd round of the new league STARL is also in the schedule,where drivers will have to tackle the longest course in the season - the custom 8-track exceeds 2km lap distance and is a great challenge for both skill and stamina.
Attached images
q.png
r.png
pxl.jpg
s.png
First I missed the T1. Later my tyre blew up. Due to it I spun and my clutch slip increased to over 30%. Finally I got a 20s penalty for forgetting the minimum pit time. Good race Thumbs up
Could someone post the replay please.
You're welcome for the link.

I wonder if I was luckiest person pitting when I did. My tyre popped before I fully stopped for my stop. I started to do some actions preventing that situation just a couple of laps before heading to brand new pitlane by mainly kinda pulse braking.

Would I suffer puncture on track if I decided to pit just one lap later? I suppose we'll never know.
What a weird race that was. Came from second to first in the first lap. Then a few laps later got a black screen for a few seconds and lost the lead again.Frown After that my pace/confidence was gone and started making mistakes. At the end I got my pace back en was gonna improve my best laptime but got understeer last turn and flipped and rolled on the barrier. Managed to get it on it's wheels and finish second.Big Eye

Also my strategy for doing no pitwork wasn't the best haha. But happy with the points and looking forward to next races.Big grin
It was nice race, I was keeping out of barriers nicely and had good fun untill accident with J.Kat who was lap down. It's a shame cuz maybe i could challenge Rik at the end of the race, who knows. Unfortunately that's part of the racing.
Btw My pit stop was faster Rony Big grin
Quote from texxxas :Btw My pit stop was faster Rony

Yes,but that clock pitter thing is about someone,who just pits without any pitwork - pits on clock and leaves as close to 10s as possible. Requires just a bit of timing and also gamble - leave 0.01s too early and you lose 5.03s in that race.
30th RTFR XL info

A reminder - server will be password protected 1 hour before qualifying start to keep not knowing crowded server jumpers out of way,pass will be always the same: green

Pitting rules:

Race requires a minimum time spent in pitstall of 10 seconds. That can be done either with single pitstop or sum of multiple pitstops. Driver who has spent less time will receive penalty time added to his finish time,which will be calculated by tripling the missing time to complete neccesary minimum time and adding additional 5 seconds. Drivers failing to pit at all will receive 1 minute penalty added to finish time (10s*3 + additional 30s).

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: v/mADDEE
Last XRT race won by: first RTFR XL race using XRT
Last Rockingham race won by: DzidorisIII (9th RTFR XL - LX4 @ RO ISSC)
Most Rockingham race wins: Only one race so far
Current rating leader: [WCL] J.A.Katila (+12 point)

2019 standings after 5 of 12 races:
Botsi - 67
[WCL] J.A.Katila - 51
RGˆRony - 51
Event rating and other statistics

Server is up and running: Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race (feel free to spam the Airio top table with your laptimes)
Attached images
RTFR-XL.jpg

Rony's Tuesday's Fun Race - Extra Large
(240 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG