The online racing simulator
New LFS version 0.6U
(48 posts, started )
Quote from Racer Y :Hey hey hey! You can't call us that! We're your customers. Now we can call you that all we want, but not the other way around.
WTF is wrong with you? That's not a very good business attitude dude. Yeah. you need to be politically correct. They aren't "idiots". They're ".......overly ambitious, low info consumers". Yeah. That. Call em that.

Relax lol. He's not calling anyone specific an idiot. He's just saying that there may or may not be idiots (griefers) who try to ruin the experience for others and thus there are safety protocols put in place to protect those who don't want their experience ruined by undefined idiots. Take what you want from it.

Quote from Stölzel :I ask me also if there will be (in future) a function to draw AI Lines by self so the AI can then also Drive Autocross Tracks?

Cool idea. Maybe a function to "record" a race-line from driving a lap yourself.
Honestly the spectate from false start is very annoying feature when you have disabled midrace joining. In my opinion it should be in administrator's hand how the false start is handled. (For example sending to pitlane)
Quote from pärtan :...Cool idea. Maybe a function to "record" a race-line from driving a lap yourself.

Your idea is even cooler!
Recording the Line... Also not bad Smile
Hope any Feature comes that we can create our own AI Lines. Line-Draw or Recording or what ever.
The next step would be the Ghost car!
Quote from lucaf :Honestly the spectate from false start is very annoying feature when you have disabled midrace joining. In my opinion it should be in administrator's hand how the false start is handled. (For example sending to pitlane)

Just use insim to send to pits before the car moves 6m. That’s how most of the demo servers are set up.
Quote from pärtan :Relax lol. He's not calling anyone specific an idiot. He's just saying that there may or may not be idiots (griefers) who try to ruin the experience for others and thus there are safety protocols put in place to protect those who don't want their experience ruined by undefined idiots. Take what you want from it.

Uhhhh..... I was joking.

And yeah. the update is appreciated. As far as the "idiots" (I can say that. I can say that!) on starts goes?
That happened so much with the formula v8's It's probably one of the main reasons no one really puts them on servers.
Quote from Scawen :Well I didn't work on the AI driving skills in this version. But some people do like to race them, it is quite skillful to get round, working up through the field without them knocking you off the track. A bit like online racing. Big grin

You mention not working on the AI driving skills in this version, so would that indicate that you might work on them in a later version?

I would definitely be drawn back to the game if it had decent AI.
@Scawen:
If its out (in future) are we able to Change the Daytime and (if it will be real) the Weather with the InSim during Racing?
Scawen like always making progress on my beautiful lfs that I love so much
Quote from Scawen :I don't remember ever hearing the limit was a problem. I think the multiple monitor view was designed for realistic FOV and I don't imagine anyone sits so close to their monitor that 90 degrees could be realistic.

I'm sorry for the late answer.

I only see a "narrow" part from the cockpit (resized screenshot). With a few degrees more FOV the impression would be much better / more realistic for me.

And yes: I also played around with the other options. For example, the pitch view (negativ values around 5°) and the Y offset. But that is only a workaround and not a solution.

Quote from Scawen :Your eyes would need to be closer to the screen than half its width.

But that depends on your display size (inches), not? With a 40+ inches display I don't need to seat so close. The impression would be a bit further back (at 100 °) much better. In addition, it also has an impact on the sense of speed, which is a subjective feeling.

I do not want an "infinite" FOV but only a slightly higher adjustable value (perhaps for 100 or 105°), sometime.

BTW: Your screenshot in the current article https://www.lfs.net/patch-6u must be done with 100° FOV. :-)
Attached images
3-screen-fov-90.jpg
Very happy to see updates still coming along. Works great on my desktop, decided to install on my notebook for at work and wow, it's been a while, and I'm really impressed with how optimized it is. It's a 5200U with HD 5500, and I can pretty much max it out and hold 100fps. Very impressive.
Is it just my computer or have they changed the engine sounds In some of the cars interiors?
This version car dashboard very bad quality. Old versions better.
Quote from seksen :This version car dashboard very bad quality. Old versions better.

To help me see this, can you tell me which car, and what FOV and screen resolution?
Quote from Scawen :To help me see this, can you tell me which car, and what FOV and screen resolution?

All cars testing offline mod.
Desktop 18.5 inch Monitor 1366x768, fov 94 degree, 2x antialias, af 4x. Hd 3650 graphics card Big grin
Laptop have 1366x768 and 7670m but this device no tested.
Also cars with bad indicator rods high refracting for 0.6u. Fonts are worse.

Good cars dashboard graphics report Omg omg omg:

FO8: 0.6u better.
MRT: 0.6u better.
FZ5: 0.6u better, but dashboard rods some refreacting.
FXO: 0.6u better, but dashboard rods some refracting.
RB4: 0.6u better.
LX4/LX6 0.6u better.
UF1: 0.6u better, also dashboard rods good quality.
Quote from seksen :All cars testing offline mod.

FO8: 0.6u better.
MRT: 0.6u better.
FZ5: 0.6u better, but dashboard rods some refreacting.
FXO: 0.6u better, but dashboard rods some refracting.
RB4: 0.6u better.
LX4/LX6 0.6u better.
UF1: 0.6u better, also dashboard rods good quality.

Soon to be "no longer welcome", I suppose Rofl
Attached images
Clip.jpg
-
(thegamer147) DELETED by thegamer147
Quote from seksen :All cars testing offline mod.

Thanks for the report but if you would like to use licensed content, please buy a license.

We can't pay the bills if people don't pay us.
Any way we can get that debounce option for other controls, like up down left and right? Using the rotary dial on my g29 seems.to always yield 2 presses, milliseconds apart, makes it tricky to fine tune pit settings, or toggle whether I want damage repaired
One of the servers i host , crashed today.
Some say it happends during a track/layout change

i hope you can get any information about the errorcodes below:

Naam van toepassing met fout: DCon.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x5c89394e
Naam van module met fout: DCon.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x5c89394e
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutoffset: 0x0001c053
Id van proces met fout: 0xac0
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d4ed5b34cecc9b
Naam van toepassing met fout: DCon.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x5c89394e
Naam van module met fout: DCon.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x5c89394e
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutoffset: 0x0001c053
Id van proces met fout: 0xac0
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d4ed5b34cecc9b

Quote from Bass-Driver :One of the servers i host , crashed today.
Some say it happends during a track/layout change

Thanks for the information.

I could see where it crashed in the code but it's a bit mysterious because it is at the point where LFS loads the objects when you load a track.

So that shouldn't happen unless:

1) The file is corrupted. In this case, the bug would come up every time you try to load that track. Do you know which track it was? Are you able to load each track on that server?

2) The computer's RAM is corrupted. This is very rare and would probably be repeatable or cause other random faults.

3) Overclocked computer. The most common reason for memory errors. I'm guessing this is not the case here.

4) It could also happen if a memory allocation failed - LFS isn't checking for that case. It should only normally happen if there is a significant memory leak and the program has been running for a very long time. I have discovered a small memory leak recently but this seems unlikely as we aren't seeing regular crashes from DCon. Unless maybe yours was heavily used for several days?

5) A memory corruption error somewhere else in the program.

At this point I can't think of anything else, as the crash is in code that is used every time a track is loaded. So all I can ask is for you to check if all tracks can be loaded on that instance of DCon.
The Dcon hasnt crashed since then. So i'm thinking of reason 4 and 5 at the same time. The DCon was running since version U came out. Without any crashes.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Any way we can get that debounce option for other controls, like up down left and right? Using the rotary dial on my g29 seems.to always yield 2 presses, milliseconds apart, makes it tricky to fine tune pit settings, or toggle whether I want damage repaired

The gearshift debounce setting now applies to all controller buttons in Test Patch U6:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/93185

New LFS version 0.6U
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG