The online racing simulator
April Progress Report
(209 posts, closed, started )
April Progress Report
Hello Racers,

As many of you know from the forum and Twitter, Eric has been working on Kyoto and I have been working on a new lighting system. In this month's progress report we would like to show you some of the work in progress and talk a bit about the lighting.

Read the whole report on the Graphics Progress Report: Kyoto and lighting page.
Looks great, keep it up!

I see some new chalk lines, assuming there will be chicanes in that place - Will be they used in KY2/KY3, or will these tracks stay as they are and chicanes would be part of new track configurations?
Quote from michal 1279 :I see some new chalk lines, assuming there will be chicanes in that place - Will be they used in KY2/KY3, or will these tracks stay as they are and chicanes would be part of new track configurations?

Hopefully the latter.
#5 - lfsrm
Aww you made my day Scawen, the waiting is getting harder and harder from excitement Big grin.

Just by curiosity, did you found any solution for clouds interaction with realtime skybox, as I noticed many games can't do it right when trying to fake volumetric diffuse light on clouds.

So only one track (Fernbay) remaining Smile.
Scawen, you mentioned there's an option to set a fixed time, have you considered a time multiplier too to speed up (or slow down I guess), the passing of time?

Quote from lfsrm :

So only one track (Fernbay) remaining Smile.

u wrong?

Fernbay and Southcity remaining! Tongue
Looks great Smile

Just makes me wondering how the xrg lights will look like.
Seems the infield has had a fair bit of re-profiling, only really noticeable from the comparisons.
Looks mint, still a shame it'll be a while before we can play it.

http://imx.tc-g.uk/ky201904/13

I would say these sausage curbs need to be much higher to solve the cutting issue that corner currently has, from this angle it looks like I could easily drive over them without any issues. I think something similar to Rockingham is good for height i would say, if not a tad too tall.
Quote from k_badam :I would say these sausage curbs need to be much higher to solve the cutting issue that corner currently has, from this angle it looks like I could easily drive over them without any issues. I think something similar to Rockingham is good for height i would say, if not a tad too tall.

Why to drive over them?
Attached images
cut.png
Quote from michal 1279 :Why to drive over them?

I hope there will be some layout in the way there on the track layouts, I assume this is an open layout without any objects.
Pleased with how Kyoto looks.
the whole progress it's amazing but i have to ask, will the RB4 model get any update because that's the worse model of the game and that'll look completely strange with a game looking like that
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i got one question to the new weather system though. as we seen many different looking skies being made for lfs,will there be varities such as purple sunsets and normal and orange sunsets.
(to explain my question better)
i mean this for all kinds of skies. several colors blue/grey(before rain) etc..
im aware the 24 hour cycle will cover most but could go and get too simular in the long run. so is why i ask.

I think color variation is fairly easy to implement at this stage (with dependence to moisture % or environmental pollution etc), the problem is the clouds transition from clear sky to overcast which from what I know is fairly challenging to implement.
I'm in awe. Absolute mad lads. 3 devs. Most people just don't realize how incredible that is. Hopefully this will be released by early 2020, that'd be great news!

Quote from driftbrk :the whole progress it's amazing but i have to ask, will the RB4 model get any update because that's the worse model of the game and that'll look completely strange with a game looking like that

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe the dev team (by the way, who is in charge of car design? Eric?) plans on updating most cars (except the XR and XF chassis as it hasn't been this long since they got updated) and adding the mother**** VW Scirocco after the graphics and tire physics update (which might or might not contain more than we know of already; I'm not a dev).

And don't forget that they might slow down development after this to both take a break and see how their game sells afterwards. My two cents.
:0

It looks so beautiful, a track's rebuild really well done, I can look foward trying it out, at night <3

Impressive work from just 3 devs, keep up the good work!

I hate when I'm right, but now I'm loving being right, that they were going to unravel the game's true potential, and they're just getting started.

This game indeed will be my all-time favourite(apart from RBR which is amazing too).

HeartLFS
LFS Awsome !!! Heart Heart Heart
Amazing job guys ! Looks over than promising Big grin Thumbs up

Thank you Degats for the comparison screnshots ! Those chicanes look great !! The first one of the last split of Kyoto GP Long will have to be taken slower than before Omg omg omg
I hope we can Draw the new Chalk Lines like Splines without Pre-defined variations Smile

Btw. very nice Job Thumbs up
Nice, Kyoto really came a long way ! Smile

So to recap what I see on this graphics update, correct me if I'm wrong (considering that some features are just experiments may never see the light of day, pun intended Big grin) :
- HD tracks
- cascaded shadow maps
- per pixel lighting with Cook-Torrance BRDF, in pixel shader 3.0
- car headlights (with working pop ups for XR models ?)
- procedual sky (clouds and fog are the next steps I suppose, please don't forget cloud shadows Tongue )
- HDR rendering (with which tonemapper do you use btw ? Smile)
- Automatic camera exposure (using standard screen information or some Scawen trickery ? Big grin)
- HD number plates, gauges, and UI fonts

That seems like the biggest update will have since I joined so far Smile
Quote from nacim :Nice, Kyoto really came a long way ! Smile

So to recap what I see on this graphics update, correct me if I'm wrong (considering that some features are just experiments may never see the light of day, pun intended Big grin) :
- HD tracks
- cascaded shadow maps
- per pixel lighting with Cook-Torrance BRDF, in pixel shader 3.0
- car headlights (with working pop ups for XR models ?)
- procedual sky (clouds and fog are the next steps I suppose, please don't forget cloud shadows Tongue )
- HDR rendering (with which tonemapper do you use btw ? Smile)
- Automatic camera exposure (using standard screen information or some Scawen trickery ? Big grin)
- HD number plates, gauges, and UI fonts

That seems like the biggest update will have since I joined so far Smile

Well, it can't just be a graphics update afaik, it will be everything else Scavier has been working on too because it's all on one separate dev version.
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers,

As many of you know from the forum and Twitter, Eric has been working on Kyoto and I have been working on a new lighting system. In this month's progress report we would like to show you some of the work in progress and talk a bit about the lighting.

Read the whole report on the Graphics Progress Report: Kyoto and lighting page.

Sucks Assetto Corsa sucks iracing
Our dear programmer is listening to our ideas force Scawen but I know it I believe that our evil programmer take the maximum of our beloved simulator if it depends on me and the NISMO team we will disclose the Simudor even more I have ideas for online races Scawen believe it Would bring the players back
Attached images
nismo_2016.png
Just WOW! Tilt

The whole track looks much more realistic with the new lighting. Much more natural and deeper.
Although I can not wait for the update, I hope now that you take extra time for South City.
The pace you guys are working at lately is something we haven't seen in a long time. Good job!
This thread is closed

April Progress Report
(209 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG