The online racing simulator
No March progress report
(70 posts, closed, started )
No March progress report
Dear Racers,

Sorry but we aren't ready for a progress report this month.

Eric has been working on Kyoto and I have been working on the lighting system.

Progress is good and we are really on the case.

My head is quite scrambled from the work so thanks for your patience!

Scawen

EDIT: See below a video of a lighting experiment at Aston.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1947087#post1947087
ow Frown
What's the point?
Good luck for Kyoto Eric !!!

Quote from petercollins :What's the point?

they were expecting to be able to write a report per month. But some of tracks are taking a huge amount of time to be considered "done" Wink
Thanks for the hard work and good luck! LFS Thumbs up
No worries Scawen. Take the time you need Smile
Looking forward to see Kyoto when the time comes!Big grin
Oh, was really expecting it this month, but watching the off topic comments you left in some posts, made it up for March. Thanks for the work you guys are doing!
Can't wait for the rallypack.
So... is this a "No progress" report?
Am I the only one who thinks this is an april fools' day joke? Big grin
Kyoto =D
NP take your time
Knowing Kyoto is under work, is already good news!
Quote from Evolution_R :Am I the only one who thinks this is an april fools' day joke? Big grin

I would rather suspect Scawen is not even aware the first April is also "fools' day", so this is probably real "no progress" report...

Would he want to execute some prank, think about it... the possibilities... with this community... why would he keep it so small and low, if he could show like three new maps and racing truck and bike, and promise patch in next week, etc... Wink (and I bet there would be still people thinking it's real)
Hi, I've done an avi (H.264) of a 24 hour lighting cycle at Aston. I'm a bit new to making videos, but did some code yesterday to output directly from LFS without saving hundreds of screenshots.

It's similar to a GIF I did recently but this avi has much higher quality and smaller file size.

I guess it would be better to upload to youtube, but I'm interested to know if sharing the avi file works at all.

https://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_Aston_24_WIP.avi (4.2 MB)

EDIT: Here's a 1080p video on youtube: https://youtu.be/VHKQrISFTpI
Quote from Scawen :I guess it would be better to upload to youtube, but I'm interested to know if sharing the avi file works at all.

It works.
wow, it is very nice !
Very nice that video
Quote from Scawen :Hi, I've done an avi (H.264) of a 24 hour lighting cycle at Aston. I'm a bit new to making videos, but did some code yesterday to output directly from LFS without saving hundreds of screenshots.

It's similar to a GIF I did recently but this avi has much higher quality and smaller file size.

I guess it would be better to upload to youtube, but I'm interested to know if sharing the avi file works at all.

https://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_Aston_24_WIP.avi (4.2 MB)

The file works here as well Smile

Can't wait to see this (hopefully) in the official version.
It works and it is nice!
Nice ! Big grin

Is that a baked lightmap I see that lights the pits indoors at night? Smile
The pit garage lighting is baked in vertex lighting, like the current public version but generated a bit more accurately. One of the tasks on my list is to separate the baked in lights that are always on (pit garages) and the ones that are only on in the night (floodlights / street lights). Also the way the lighting varies at the moment is just made up, but needs to more closely follow physical values.

And there are many other things on my lists too. Smile
Looks very nice - with reduced playback speed in VLC you can enjoy the whole video even longer. Cool

If you upload the movie on Youtube anyway, perhaps in FullHD instead HD resolution will be nice, too - and in longer time steps.

Quote :Can't wait to see this (hopefully) in the official version.

I agree! Thumbs up
-
(M7md1467) DELETED by M7md1467
I meant for Youtube, but with this tiny file size it's cool double - thanks
This thread is closed

No March progress report
(70 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG