The online racing simulator
Handbrake as axis not working [solved]
Hi,

i made a handbrake based on arduino micro. I can see device and it's axis in LFS, can assign it as handbrake. But when i'm actually in a car (& pull it) it is not working.
Note: OS detects it properly & handbrake is working as it should in Assetto Corsa.

Screenshot from settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pe24e4ur7e2alm/handbrake.png?dl=0

If you need any additional info/logs, let me know.
** Best answer **
You need to set the handbrake as axis instead of button.
indeed Smile
It seems to be detected as a second controller so would that not cause an issue with only one controller being possible to use at a time

For example if i have a gamepad connected along with my wheel i have to select which one for lfs to use which then stops the other controller being possible to use
@redbot_ Ough, how could i miss that setting. Thanks Thumbs up

@bishtop that's not a problem, i actually use 3 different devices at the moment.
Quote from bishtop :It seems to be detected as a second controller so would that not cause an issue with only one controller being possible to use at a time

For example if i have a gamepad connected along with my wheel i have to select which one for lfs to use which then stops the other controller being possible to use

That's not the case, you just don't select one particular device and then you can use them all at once.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG