The online racing simulator
Installed and went for a little drive on TC, everything smooth (haven't looked at AI updates). Thanks for everything Scawen.
people suggestion:
Tried trying the new test patch.

Wanted to check some replays from 0.6R (iirc)(hotlap), everything loaded and then the game just quit. And took the LFS.exe with it. It's just gone now.

No error messages that I saw, no Antivirus or anything. Weird stuff.

EDIT: It was antivirus after all. But now I cannot even recover the LFS.exe from it.

Can anyone share their 0.6T4 LFS.exe for me? I don't want to install a new game.
Quote from delis :Can anyone share their 0.6T4 LFS.exe for me? I don't want to install a new game.

Just download the self extracting archive,it will place a new exe file in your LFS folder.
Quote from Eclipsed :Just download the self extracting archive,it will place a new exe file in your LFS folder.

Already tried and still not there.
Attached images
Untitled.png
It is there, just disable your antivirus software.
Quote from GT4_PL :people suggestion:

Think wrong thread for this, but this is not an quick one. Current pits have garages only for 40 cars, need re-design of pit buildings. Maybe updated tracks will have more...?
Quote from delis :Nope.

Ahh Avast, that explain everything. My favorite antivirus that flags everything as a virus.
-
(delis) DELETED by Scawen : a reply to a post that is now deleted
I'm pretty sure you can switch your antivirus off for a while.

There shouldn't normally be any problem if you don't open any attachments in any strange emails you received, or go visiting any disreputable websites while it is switched off.
Thank you Scawen for your answer (only Host update; works fine)

I'm using Avast too but the commercial/business version (Avast Business Antivirus Pro). I don't get any warning for that exe file. Perhaps you have enabled "Scan for potentially unwanted programs (PUPs)" and/or "Enable Hardened Mode" with the option "Aggressive"?

But: I can not reproduce that behavior with these enabled options, too.
0.6T5
0.6T5:

Multiplayer:

FIX: Timing bug that allowed damage repair to be done in zero time

Interface:

CTRL+SHIFT now shows user name instead of player name in F11 / F12

VR:

FIX: In Pimax the virtual 3D TV for replays had a rotated image

Misc:

More translations updated - Thank you translators!

Known Issues:

OLD BUG: Mirror appears wrong in forces mode if offset in driver view
OLD BUG: Load grid AI lose their colours if "AI use player setup" is [no]

Download:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/93144
A test with the AntVR Transformers (VR Headset) works still fine, too.

Thanks for the update

But I have following issue (current version 0.6T and with this/latest test patch 0.6T5):
If I change the vertical field of view of the headset from automatic to around 83° (or higher), objects on the edge flickers. Perhaps a better description is that objects are faded in/out too early/late. That pretty much irritates. At around 80° it is still OK. It is difficult to describe this effect. :-) Perhaps you can reproduce that with an other headset? But that could be simply an issue from the AntVR headset, too.
I'll try that tomorrow in the Vive. But I'm interested to know, why do you want to increase the field of view? I would think that would just make it wrong, in the sense of being different from reality, so the world would seem to rotate around a bit as you move your head around.

In fact some people might say we shouldn't even have that setting in there, it's more left over from the early days of VR when I was writing it for the DK1 and had to give the users some control over it so I could understand how to set it correctly.
It's because this headset doesn't have a positional tracking like Vive or other headsets have. This system use a special "carpet" to track such movements. But if I drive a car, that system is completely useless. There is no real room scaling as for example at Vive instead.

For example I can't lean outside the window nor can I look closer to the dashboard. This movementation aren't tracked. I can of course look around (up/down, left/right), but nothing else. Sounds worse than it is. ;-)

It does not really matter. If you find a (simple) solution: great; if not, that's also good.
Quote from Draggo :Ahh Avast, that explain everything. My favorite antivirus that flags everything as a virus.

Not true! There were multiple viruses/malwares running on the last avast-protected computer I came across, and it certainly didn't flag any of those Big grin
Quote from Pasci :It's because this headset doesn't have a positional tracking like Vive or other headsets have. This system use a special "carpet" to track such movements. But if I drive a car, that system is completely useless. There is no real room scaling as for example at Vive instead.

Even without positional tracking, there should be a 'correct' FOV (hopefully the one supplied by the drivers). You can see what I mean if you increase the FOV a lot, e.g. maximum, then just turn your head left and right. Your should perceive that the world seems to move left or right as well (and/or seems to warp a bit).

With FOV too low there is the opposite effect. But what is the default FOV from the AntVR? I ask because you are talking about numbers near 80 degrees, but 80 is currently the minimum user setting. Maybe I need to allow a bit less, for headsets with less vertical FOV.

I can reproduce the object culling issue at the edges when FOV is increased. It takes the culling from the default input values, and for some reasons it might be a bit tricky to change, or a bit too risky at this point. We hope to release a new full version tomorrow so I want to keep any more changes very small.

Quote from Racon :Not true! There were multiple viruses/malwares running on the last avast-protected computer I came across...

Some discussion about antivirus from Justin Schuh, Google Chrome security engineer.
https://twitter.com/justinschuh/status/802491391121260544
little off/ I have uninstalled my main antivirus software and disabled Windows Defender (Firewall is on) in Windows 10. It's a kind of a experiment of mine. Four months later and everything is still fine and running fast and smooth as never before with an AV, at some point probably I will do a full system scan with some free AV, but I'm pretty sure my system is clean.

I'm not saying to go ahead and uninstall your AV, it depends on many things, but in my case I think that is the best for me.
Quote :It takes the culling from the default input values, and for some reasons it might be a bit tricky to change, or a bit too risky at this point.

No problem - That "issue" is not important enough to me. Let it be. Thumbs up

Quote :We hope to release a new full version tomorrow so I want to keep any more changes very small.

Sounds very exciting - What does that mean? You release test patch 0.6T6 tomorrow including graphics update????? Smile
No, we are several months away from the graphics update.

The full version we will release is just like T5 with a couple more fixes.

It was extremely important to do this update because of the VR problems that made LFS not work, or in the case of the Odyssey+ could cause eye strain. We don't want that, so that's the reason for this small interruption in my Graphics development.

And the good news is we have this quick little update with quite a few fixes and a couple of new features.
Ow :-( OK - Thanks for the answer.

Quote :But what is the default FOV from the AntVR?

Sorry for the late response: Technical? That should be 110°. But the driver/controller software is very bad. Can I read that value somewhere? Through SteamVR?
You guys still use antivirus software?
It's been a scam since late '90, lol
Turn that crap off (or better, stop paying for it) and monitor your activities manually.
Thanks Scawen for the update! Looking forward to future releases!
Quote from Pasci :Technical? That should be 110°. But the driver/controller software is very bad. Can I read that value somewhere? Through SteamVR?

What I mean is the vertical FOV displayed in LFS.

If you select "Automatic" then the text to the left of "Automatic" will state the default vertical FOV (rounded to 1 degree).
Hey Scawen,

Seeing that you've enhanced the screenshot capturing algorithm, is it possible to investigate the reason as to why clicking the 'Game' tab option in the settings causes LFS to hang for the first time? is it possible that it's similar in some way to the old screen shot capturing method? (Since it involves disk read/write)

Players above have also asked about the possibility of increasing the player limit, I think having 48 players on the track (as in 48 connections) would be awesome.

I've tested the patch and everything is working as expected (non VR features).
0.6T6 is now available. I'm hoping it's the last test patch before the full version of this minor but important update. I want to get back onto the lighting in the development version.

If you have a little time this evening it would be great if you could test it, maybe go online for a race or two.

Thanks!

Views:

FIX: Offset mirror was not drawn offset in forces draw (F)

VR:

Minimum value for manual FOV setting reduced frmo 80 to 75 degrees
FIX: There was a loss of accuracy in the automatic FOV calculation

Misc:

More translations updated - Thank you translators!

Download:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/93144
This thread is closed

Test Patch T7: View/Controller/VR/AI updates
(99 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG