The online racing simulator
how to buy the s2 when you don't have an access to any of ways to buy it?
First,hello to everyone here.

Last few months I have been playing LFS demo,and decided that I'd like to purchase it.And started saving for it.

But here is my problem:

I'm 16 years old. I have no bank account.I can't get one without my parents permission,and they say that I don't need one yet.

Paypal does not accept users from my country,Croatia.
To pay for s2 licence via moneybookers,I'd need an credit card,but both of my parents don't have a credit card,they have a debit card valid only in Croatia.And my parents aren't that willing to buy anything over the internet. And when I mentioned the money order to my parents,their reaction was like I said that I'm on drugs or something.

I do have some older friends who have a credit card, but when I offered them to pay them to buy the S2 for me,they didn't want to,or simply told me to crack the game. And what is the point of having an online racing sim if you can't go online?

So long story made short: I have the money,but have no ways to buy it,except if I can place the money in a ordinary envelope and send it to the LFS team.

So can I do that,because I know that I'll never manage to talk my parents into helping me purchase LFS S2.If I could go into a game store and buy it,then maybe I could talk them into it but not for LFS.

Thanks in advance and sorry to waste anyone's time who read this.

Thunderhead.
I am sure if you post the money to someone on here, they will buy it for you.

Another one that would benifit from the official "LFS License slush fund"

Dan,
Quote from danowat :I am sure if you post the money to someone on here, they will buy it for you.

Dan,

Thanks.

Now,my only problem is finding someone I can trust over here,and hope that Croatian Thievery....I mean Postal Service doesn't screw me over.
If you going to send the money on to someone on here i would say you could trust any of the moderators of this forum also any of the regular people whose known in the community.
If your going to send money in the mail (which generally isnt allowed at least not in new zealand) then you might as well send it to the devs rather than someone in the community.
I'd try to PM Victor first, asking if you can send the money via mail. If he's not ok with that (for whatever reasons), then yes, PMing the moderators would be a good bet to see if any of them is willing to so.

As a "last resort" () you could also PM tristancliffe, because I really trust him not to screw things up. Anyways, members from the UK are probably the best choice for this task, as it's the easiest for them to do the money-stuff, afaik.

Thanks guys,I appreciate your help.
#8 - Tomi
BTW, I don't know how it is in Croatia, but sending money by regular mail is prohibited by most countries post offices...
I am pretty sure is not "prohibited" in the UK, although it is not recommended.

Dan,
Quote from Tomi :BTW, I don't know how it is in Croatia, but sending money by regular mail is prohibited by most countries post offices...

I'm pretty sure no one officially checks if there is money in your mail
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Goto a bank, any bank, and ask them to write a cheque out for £24. Give them £24 + commission, and you get a cheque. Add intended recipient's name to cheque, and voila, no need to send cash. Post offices also do this but I do not know if they are accepted between different national post offices.
Quote from GeForz :I'm pretty sure no one officially checks if there is money in your mail

I would say in croatia it's a little bit different than in germany!! ;-)
You can send money to me (a bank cheque is better than cash)
You can send money to another Croation LFSer (cheaper postage)
You can (probably) send money directly to Victor with a little letter.

I would be more than willing to help out if you need me to.
do money orders, need parents permissions? i use to buy stuff off ebay when i was 16/17 through money orders. (USA)
#15 - Smax
From Wikipedia

An international money order is very similar in many aspects to a regular money order except that it can be used to make payments abroad. With it, a buyer can easily pay a seller for goods or services if he or she resides in another country. International money orders are often issued by a buyer's bank and bought in the currency that the seller accepts. International money orders are thought to be safer than sending currency through the post because there are various forms of identification required in order to cash an international money order often including a signature, and a form of photo identification.
When purchasing an international money order, it is important to ensure that the specific type of money order is acceptable in the destination country. In particular, several countries are very strict that the money order be on pink paper and include the words "postal money order." In particular, the Japan Post (one of the largest banking institutions in the world) requires these features. Most other countries have taken this as a standard when there is any doubt of a document's authenticity.

I suggest you get one of these from a bank, which will save the hassle of exchanging your cash/cheque for pounds sterling
Quote from Thunderhead :I'm 16 years old. I have no bank account.I can't get one without my parents permission,and they say that I don't need one yet.

Am I the only one who sees the irony here? Apparently you do need a bank account. It's never too soon to start learning how these things work.
Quote from kurent :Am I the only one who sees the irony here? Apparently you do need a bank account. It's never too soon to start learning how these things work.

Tell that to my folks......
#18 - Tomi
Quote from GeForz :I'm pretty sure no one officially checks if there is money in your mail

I heard about someone losing money this way without any legal mean to recover it. Someone at the post office must have seen there was money in a mail and stole it. When the man asked why his pal never received the money, he was told that it was prohibited and that it was his own fault.
Quote from Tomi :I heard about someone losing money this way without any legal mean to recover it. Someone at the post office must have seen there was money in a mail and stole it. When the man asked why his pal never received the money, he was told that it was prohibited and that it was his own fault.

That's why I called Croatian Postal Service "Croatian Thievery Service" in one of my previous posts.
do the "who deserves the s2 lisence" thingy ill vote
IF you decide that the absolute only way to get S2 is by sending actual money in the mail, Put it in a large box or something. That way no postal workers are likely to check the contents of it, whereas in an envelope it is easier to 'discover' the money itself.
Quote from MAGGOT :IF you decide that the absolute only way to get S2 is by sending actual money in the mail, Put it in a large box or something. That way no postal workers are likely to check the contents of it, whereas in an envelope it is easier to 'discover' the money itself.

Or you can do what I did last time I sent paper money in the mail. Printed out pages of text, then wraped the money in it. It just looked like a letter. Or you can stick the money in a greetings card.
Just gotta make sure no change is present in the envelope then
yes, the above two posts are very important if you're going to send money by mail. Also you should convert the money at your bank, so you send pounds. 25 pounds to be exact, so you have only bills (instead of 24 pounds which would require coins). The remaining 1 pound will stay on your LFS account, so it's not lost.

And of course write your LFS username on the wrapping-paper, so we know who the money is from.
Thunderhead check your PMs.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG