The online racing simulator
February Progress Report
(140 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scawen :...
- The problem then becomes how to limit the time settings to the times of day we can support. One possible answer is to allow all times of day and night, which in turn would allow the lighting to change through time. ...

How about just keeping it like this + put there disclaimer only time range like 7:00..19:30 is reasonably finished and "officially recommended", and the rest is unfinished work-in-progress... Then with some patch every now and then you can somewhat improve it and get the cheering (probably would last for quite some patches) and create the feel of good progress... Smile (and meanwhile check again what is precisely blocking the new tires physics from release and how to get it finally out) Thumbs up
For a try that looks great! Maybe some color tweaking around sundown. Night racing will be freaking amazing.
Insim controlled weather and sky lighting? Smooth transitions (and timing) between states? Please?
-
(Muhammet527106) DELETED by Muhammet527106
-
(Muhammet527106) DELETED by Muhammet527106
Glad seeing you enjoying experimenting with LFS, hopefully it's an announcer for other great things to come.
Glad
Very

When's the new tire physics? as long as possible...
Quote from Whiskey :XRR has not have pop up lights for a while. Not many changes in recent years in LFS to miss this one eh hahaha

what a mess, mb, dunno how i missed that ... Big grin
Quote from klbbadd2002 :I understand what you are trying to say. Ive been watching lfs "make progress" for 10 years, which does not amount to a lot for that amount of time.

have you given the current and previous versions of LFS any chance. I do not mean it in a bashing stats sense and not as any type of attack, but you have been a part of LFS for a very long time but it would seem you gave up as soon as you tried

@back on topic

Looks great, i agree with some of the other opinions, being that a system of either just Night or day would be sufficient
Quote from scawen :realistic sun directions

Quote from scawen :24 hour period in the summer

I'm hoping this means, indeed, not just night or day, and not just any time, but any date and time of the year. That would mean the sun high or low in the sky. Driving towards a low-sun, unable to see much... sounds fun.

Also, moonlight!
How epic this would be if 24 hour races will be a thing in LFS
Great work! Perhaps car lights should be yellowish (incandescent light bulb), because I doubt XFG has a projectors in its headlights.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :If this makes it to a patch in the next month or two I'll upgrade my licence.

More like 2-3 years.. The license upgrade is fairly inexpensive despite the lack of content in includes, it's a good way to support the development though, so just get it now.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Great work! Perhaps car lights should be yellowish (incandescent light bulb), because I doubt XFG has a projectors in its headlights.

kensun.com

When you buy lights from this website for your vehicle, you can get 12 different degrees of colors, starting from 3000K full yellow ending to 30000K Indigo.
I want to see different customization for lights in LFS Big grin
Am I dreaming? Big grin

Forgive me but now I start imagining up things like HDR colorspace with blinding high-beams.
Maybe breaking lights in crashes?

And I cannot wait to see the XRT's popup headlights in action Big grin

Quote from RC-Maus :This experimenting does that means tyre physics are done?

Maybe he just wants to work on something different to change things up. I don't blame him
Awesome. I might even upgrade from S2 to S3 just to chuck you guys some money for this.
Quote from Garypants :More like 2-3 years.. The license upgrade is fairly inexpensive despite the lack of content in includes, it's a good way to support the development though, so just get it now.

*looks at two license levels of support already given* I'm good for now, thanks
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Great work! Perhaps car lights should be yellowish (incandescent light bulb), because I doubt XFG has a projectors in its headlights.

agree ! xenon on the GTi is not welcome even if it is changeable IRL, it would be better to have this sense of yellow in the light.
In the same idea, the car lights seems (I may be wrong) to spread the light symetrically, while IRL the one on the driver side is having a slightly shorter range to take into account the people you will cross on the opposite side of the road.
Let's suppose racecars are not subject to this ...
but weren't you supposed to release VWS MR.Scawen
Quote from dekojester :It looks a crap ton better than ANY other racing game/sim has had night lighting I've seen.

Might wanna have a look at the Sol mod for Assetto Corsa.
this is amazing. but ive got 1 question. will we be able too change the time how fast the time changes like in grand tourismo or asseto coursa....any way, it looks amazing.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Might wanna have a look at the Sol mod for Assetto Corsa.

Sadly the night mods for AC are so impossible to setup. I got it working once and then it promptly broke Frown
AC is a great sim in many ways, but being able to only race AI in my timezone is a pretty big FeelsBadMan
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers,

We aren't ready to do a full progress report this month...At this point it is not certain that it will be released. This must be taken in the spirit of a progress report...if this experimental work is to be released.

mhm

Quote from Big Daddy :Seriously man, your comment is tons of tons dumb.

Seriously.

lol
Attached images
giphy.gif
It's nice to see other work being done, but it would be nice to focus on getting the tracks all updated and released then moving on to experimental works. With there being 2 different version to work on right now, why not focus all the time and energy into getting 1 version and getting the physics completed already. Good new but also sad news.
I disagree, this is quite a substantial change by itself, and could well require changes to how the tracks are updated (lighting and what-not). It therefore makes sense to at least consider what changes would be necessary to the tracks before they are all completed and then have to be redone again.
Also that's not how code works. Both will be merged to the main fork when the features are ready
This thread is closed

February Progress Report
(140 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG