The online racing simulator
February Progress Report
(140 posts, closed, started )
go for it Thumbs up
Looks so cool, can't wait Big grin

Keep it up Thumbs up
Quote from M7md1467 :Looks so beautiful

Also, will be there a good performance for FPS? due to the players who have low-end PC Frown

Keep it up, Devs Thumbs up

Heart LFS Petals

No sure lol, dont worry i will make comparison old graphics vs new graphics with show fps things. Smile

Well. Make sure next Wet Rain mode!

Go Go Go Scawenice! ! !
Imagine driving in the rain at 12 am with the wipers at max speed while driving with 20kph with FXR, because you took the wrong tyres
Looks interesting, though the lights from incar shoot illuminated more the right barrier than the horizon, was thinking they using fog lights? Smile Nevermind, all progress is good!
Quote from nikolai_01 :Imagine driving in the rain at 12 am with the wipers at max speed while driving with 20kph with FXR, because you took the wrong tyres

I would not bet for Wet Rain mode any time soon! This step requires a proper physics simulation of two fluid air and water with physical laws of the real world in real time, maybe if they made new Graphene processors.
I played ACC in the wet mode the simulation is catastrophic and annoying!
IIt is as cool as VW scirocco
dunno if its healthy to get hyped since it could be like the lx8 :\
Still looks cool but...
Quote from Scawen :DISCLAIMER: This work is unfinished and there are many issues left to solve. At this point it is not certain that it will be released. This must be taken in the spirit of a progress report, showing experimental work that sometimes takes place behind the scenes.

Those few complaints are just hilarious. Of course you won't see this in your game anytime soon; especially as Scawen is a perfectionist. But it goes to show that LFS is still very much alive on the developing side of things. For such a small part-time dedicated team to achieve this much is a already a feat in itself.

I've long let go of those false hopes of seeing all of that content in LFS anytime soon. I've got my life left to wait, I've got time. Somehow, it always manages to call me back, so I don't mind not having everything readily available.

Hopefully all of this gets released in a couple years and LFS becomes a truly advanced game, on-par with its competition when it comes to content, except with better physics. It's slowly advancing towards that goal and I can't wait to see the finished product. Well, actually, I can; let's just call it long-term hype, because that's more or less what it's always been about with LFS.

Spoiler - click to revealAt which point it'll probably be missing a bit of advertising and a much more in-depth track modding tool for future self-sustain, among other things
Quote from TwinySkyline :...let's just call it long-term hype...

That's what it is to me. You can get fancy graphics, real cars, real tracks, day/night and other bleeding-edge features in other sims, but it's always LFS that gets me hyped when I see even a modicum of progress, even if there's no fixed release date.
Oh man... That will be fun Big grin
Awesome work Scawen Smile
a grand total of 18 people will enjoy this!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I like the discrete mention of summer regarding the gif ^^. Seasons to come? Imagine driving on tracks with the current season Big grin
Quote from aroX123 :a grand total of 18 people will enjoy this!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

do you mean OBSOLETE
Quote from Flotch :I like the discrete mention of summer regarding the gif ^^. Seasons to come? Imagine driving on tracks with the current season Big grin

"Winter in the Arctic circle mode": 24 hour darkness.
It's one of the dreams that comes true, but if i could ask a question..

Is it possible to have a pop up headlights on the future, like ( XRT,XRG) ?
Quote from killafilla :It's one of the dreams that comes true, but if i could ask a question..

Is it possible to have a pop up headlights on the future, like ( XRT,XRG,XRR) ?

If this cycle ever happens its a must! Probably will get updated when they start to update all vehicle vob models hopefully in future.
Quote from killafilla :It's one of the dreams that comes true, but if i could ask a question..

XRR has not have pop up lights for a while. Not many changes in recent years in LFS to miss this one eh hahaha
We are lucky, that Mr. Scawen's personality has the tendency to create "art" in whatever he is in "love" with.

But please remember (sure you do) that perfection costs in time and soul stamina as learned in the hard way, via the new physics engine.

To share your art with lucky one's (us), please find whenever possible the golden analogy between perfection and do ability.

If I failed to describe .... sorry :-)

Thank you and good luck !

Yes
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers,

We aren't ready to do a full progress report this month. Instead, I'll tell you a bit about some experimental work I have been doing.

DISCLAIMER: This work is unfinished and there are many issues left to solve. At this point it is not certain that it will be released. This must be taken in the spirit of a progress report, showing experimental work that sometimes takes place behind the scenes.

The story behind the experiments:

- Because of the way the new lighting works, it should be possible to share lighting configurations between tracks and have realistic sun directions. There is no longer a need to have a limited number of lighting setups per track.

- In a test version of Live for Speed I can set date and time and the sun direction is calculated from that info, along with the latitude of the track.

- The problem then becomes how to limit the time settings to the times of day we can support. One possible answer is to allow all times of day and night, which in turn would allow the lighting to change through time. That led to this experiment with headlights.

You can click here to see a 6 second animated GIF of a 24 hour period in the summer at Aston. Please bear in mind it's just a work in progress. The sky doesn't change and is simply darkened after sunset. The changing sky and sunlight is very roughly done in this quick test and is something that needs to be worked on if this experimental work is to be released. Other work includes making the cars receive light from headlights, improving the floodlights, etc.

I hope you like these early shots of work in progress.

If this makes it to a patch in the next month or two I'll upgrade my licence. Also, offsets for timing on the cycle, for those who want to start a race in the day time in any place other than Europe
I'll hope for offset and variable speed. And I'll have to buy another account Smile
Would be so nice to have individual headlights. What I mean is like: If someone crash you on the left side, it will broke the left lamp as well
Quote from PeterN :I'll hope for offset and variable speed. And I'll have to buy another account Smile

+1 the time like GTA games would be cool
This thread is closed

February Progress Report
(140 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG