The online racing simulator
February Progress Report
(140 posts, closed, started )
would be nice to see some onboard screens especially in southcity
Drivers Getting Pressure Due To Flash Them , Will Make Sense <3
wow ! not expected, not disappointed !! Very nice and beautiful Thumbs up
What are these people expecting anyway lol...
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers,

DISCLAIMER: This work is unfinished and there are many issues left to solve. At this point it is not certain that it will be released. This must be taken in the spirit of a progress report, showing experimental work that sometimes takes place behind the scenes.

I hope you like these early shots of work in progress.

I don't know why any of you are excited. Does it make any sense to do experiments while this community suffers and loses members? This is cool, I would love to see this, but likely won't. Looks like there is no laid out plan to actually get an update done and out to us. Id rather see no report than something in left field.
VWS?
It looks a crap ton better than ANY other racing game/sim has had night lighting I've seen. It's a great start, and If we had a release date I'd already be planning on bringing up a 12 or 24 hour endurance race event or series with 6, 12, 24 hour races.

Of course, testing is needed to make sure there's no issues; but having the sky not change isn't an issue to me...if the light from the sun goes below the horizon like it really does, and perhaps even program in moon phase, that will bring the immersion. Westhill, Kyoto, Fern Bay would be largely pitch black with no nearby major town causing lighting pollution in the night sky to reflect back down, only lights installed at or near the track would give vision points. The lights already on the start tree is a good start for the flag lights...projecting the light output is a big issue I'm sure.

Great work so far, can't wait to see if this becomes a reality to us end users!
Quote from klbbadd2002 :I don't know why any of you are excited. Does it make any sense to do experiments while this community suffers and loses members? This is cool, I would love to see this, but likely won't. Looks like there is no laid out plan to actually get an update done and out to us. Id rather see no report than something in left field.

I can't speak for others but I was excited to see how lfs can actualy look good, also I was excited to see that lfs is making progress and getting worked on if you know what im trying to say
-
(CanerYilmaz0) DELETED by CanerYilmaz0
Very nice work I liked it!
Quote from neonmateo :I can't speak for others but I was excited to see how lfs can actualy look good, also I was excited to see that lfs is making progress and getting worked on if you know what im trying to say

I understand what you are trying to say. Ive been watching lfs "make progress" for 10 years, which does not amount to a lot for that amount of time.
It just needs a skybox with stars and then it would be perfect.

At the moment it looks a bit weird with the sunny skybox. Smile
This looks very fascinating from Rally driver's perspective. I can't wait for this to be released!
Quote from R0ut66 :Will be possible to change the time with insim without ending the race?

You sir, read my mind!

---

Scawen, I don't think the visuals are there for the headlights. It looks like the lights just apply a luminance value to objects around it based on distance. It doesn't feel like the headlights are really emitting light based on the screen shots, and the headlight paths in front of the car are a fixed texture. I need to see fluid motion to be able to say for sure.
true holyyy
Thanks for the report.
As always good reading Smile
SD.
Nice to see something like that. This will be big step in history of LFS.
I have some question for you Scawen, will be happy if you answer pretty sure that other players want to know too.

1.What time you will need to finish this update (1,2,4,6 monts)?
2.Will be there other (small) updates before this one?
3.Is it possible to bring back old Westhill with new textures?
4.Is it possible when you update tracks like Westhill to leave and old one just with new textures? The plus will be more track in game and for players.

PS. Sorry for my bad english hope to understand what i mean!
PS2. GO GO LFS!
I would play the poop out of it, as is. Tongue
> One possible answer is to allow all times of day and night

Pretty sure this is the only possible answer. This goes above and beyond pretty much every other sim. I'm hyped.
I hope this will take us to a new level of realism. Proper 24h races. Please, don't forget we'll need high/low beams Cool
It would be great if we could get some lamps and lights for the Layout Editor as well. I know it's very early to ask for such things. But early planning is not the worst idea when it comes to programming (At least I think so)

Top Work again!
When this will be added somewhere in the future (maybe the not so far away future Smile) I can think of three little configurations everyone could do the races he likes.

- Race starting time. (Hour steps 0h - 23h)
- Time changes (Yes/No)
- Real Time hours a day (Hour 1 - 23)

Like this one could do also for example a one hour race in a two hour day configuration which starts in day and ends in the night or vice versa.

Promising demo screenshots by the way. Thank you for trying the new old experiment to show something like this to the community Tongue
Must be dreaming or seeing a very well done photoshop. Can't believe finally LFS goes into that direction!
I really hope this new dynamic lighting system makes it to the release!

I do agree that it should be possible to place light objects from the layout editor, with maybe some level of control over the RGB values and/or luminosity (ideally also from an InSim). I don't expect being able to attach new lights to cars, like for police lighting for example, but that would be awesome anyways!
Quote from DarkKostas :Must be dreaming or seeing a very well done photoshop. Can't believe finally LFS goes into that direction!

Yes you can believe
This thread is closed

February Progress Report
(140 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG