The online racing simulator
Just a question in regards to the layout editer. Is there a way to group all objects together and move them all at once as when this update comes out most of the layouts will have to be adjusted to fit mainly on the auto cross. If there is not a way to group the objects and move them as one. It should be something to consider to implement such a feature to help with the layout editing side of the game.
Quote from Sobis :Even if I mainly race, do you understand that drifters and cruisers are actually a significant portion of the player base?

Even though a large part of the playerbase is from cruise/drift it needs to be remembered that LFS is a racing simulator and not a drifting/cruise sim/game. Imagine the time it would take to make lfs openworldw which would be time not spent on the important updates that need doing ! At the moment the graphical updates benefits us all so is a win-win

I enjoy drifting and cruise myself at times to wind down so would love an openworld sim but its not a realistic possibility at the moment

bish
Quote from stevie-lee :Just a question in regards to the layout editer. Is there a way to group all objects together and move them all at once as when this update comes out most of the layouts will have to be adjusted to fit mainly on the auto cross. If there is not a way to group the objects and move them as one. It should be something to consider to implement such a feature to help with the layout editing side of the game.

You question is in wrong topic. why dont you simply do a forum search for that matter?
hi. when can we use the new graphics?
and tnx for it . very good.
Quote from alireza d1 :hi. when can we use the new graphics?
and tnx for it . very good.

Here are some guesses of several LFS users...
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/91876-Contest-%28closed%21%29%3A-Guess-release-date-of-next-LFS-update

Also as you can see from the guesses and from the current date, they are just guesses, and people are generally optimistic, which is IMO good thing. Smile

(according to my other estimate done after few recent progress reports, I was estimating the patch to be out not sooner than around April 2019, but of course it may be also much later .. although I think "2019" is quite safe at this moment, "2020" would mean some serious things happening around now, changing devs plans a lot).
aha.ok thank you man
What juicy pics will we get this month Smile

Hoping to see first glimpse Fernbay or South City Smile
9 days left..
9 years late..
Here we go again...
cherry blossoms for the win Saturday
Quote from pako_customize :PHYSICS ..ill wait for PHYSICS update ..the reason i play this simulator Frown

Yup. New skin, same tired bones.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :air strip with a rally stage going around it all in Autocross could be lovely. but then again i see many new tracks that actually have room for rally stages. even rockingham could have one going around it. westhill could have gravle roads in between trees etc.. i am thinking there could be a better use of all maps and still keep the actual racetracks as is (or with improvements). im also thinking people would love more tunnels in LFS. so why not combine the maps with a tunnel network that could cross the tracks underneath being for example a gravel road tunnel with a gravel road stretch of track that could go to an existing road perhaps or do a full circle if room on the map for it ,forming a track itself. im thinking new kyoto also will see alot of "unused space". im aware its a playground for people using editor. but i think it would add alot more to LFS on especially the rally side of it. my experience in LFS is theres a ton of folk racers and rally drivers. but it seems we have less track drivers in LFS. i think its important to try and keep those we got left and perhaps give a cookie to those communities too. because its already possible on the new maps to expand to these kind of ideas. #justathought

ps: doesnt necessarily have to be a rally stage. some tracks could have a kart track or airstrip or something else . i think it would add to LFS alot.

Edit: i see almost all tracks have potential for having some kind of rally stage atleast. and i think if devs thought of two things while making tracks,i think it would capture alot more people. namely think in dirt road and tarmac.i also see the babystep beginnings hereof. but it would be great to have all tracks have atleat one rally stage attached to them with as great detail as the racetracks gets. "i think thats what im trying to say"

tunnel network +1

airstrip +1

navigable lake +1
The new changes look very good. Let's hope that after these changes there will be world records in drag racing. I think that this change will attract more people to prove themselves in this discipline besides races and rally.
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers,

We have been working on graphics for some time now. A new lighting system allows more varied and realistic surface properties and we have a new shadow system. All tracks must be updated to take advantage of the new features.

This month we have taken some screenshots at the Autocross track, featuring the large car park, skid pad and drag strip. In the open configuration you can now drive between all areas using connecting roads and there is an extended car park beside the original Autocross area.

Read the whole report on the Graphics Progress Report: Autocross page.

- LFS Developers

can I remove the barrier in open map mode?

Graphics Progress Report: Autocross
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG