The online racing simulator
Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
@CrutZ:
Try this instead. Decent explanation, and decent HD quality for upload.
-
Cargame server (Slovakia ring) DELETED by Slovakia ring
Hi. Very useful topic. I read it with pleasure Smile Now i have question about MP replay. In my case multiplayer replay looks very laggy... When i watch replay from cockpit view, steering wheel turn to fast. There is any way to improve it ?

P. S. When i save single player replay i don't have any problems like this. Steering looks good.
sti228:
That is just what it looks like in multiplayer replays. (Maybe it is like that to save net traffic or something.)
Can not do much except avoid onboard camera angles where arms are too visible, instead film from behind the driver or roof camera etc.
Or only use footage from straights where it is not so noticeable, I know might be difficult in drift video Wink
Quote from Gutholz :sti228:
That is just what it looks like in multiplayer replays. (Maybe it is like that to save net traffic or something.)
Can not do much except avoid onboard camera angles where arms are too visible, instead film from behind the driver or roof camera etc.
Or only use footage from straights where it is not so noticeable, I know might be difficult in drift video Wink

Outside look is even worse. Look at car lags and gauge fast movement.

My first try.

I'm trying to make an LFS movie by capturing what's on screen, but whatever program I use, the audio is terrible.

I've captured screen video before, but not with this level of noise, but it's been so long, not sure what I did, or what program I used.

Maybe poor quality because I'm only able to save audio from pc speakers or my webcam mic?

How do others save audio? Any suggestions for improving audio?
Quote from sinanju :Maybe poor quality because I'm only able to save audio from pc speakers or my webcam mic?

Yes. That sounds like audio captured via microphone, at beginning one can hear your wheel or keyboard clicks or something too.
In most recording software should be some option to select the audiosource. Change it from Microphone to loudspeakers, probally called "Sound Output" or "Windows Audio" or "What I hear" or similiar.
'Stereo Mix' for proper audio when using screen capture to record
After a lot of searching, and totally by accident, found there was a hidden choice for my soundcard - Stereo Mix.

Link HERE.

Link is for enabling in Win7, but worked for me in Win10.

Once I'd enabled Stereo Mix on my sound card, my screen capture software (Snagit) now shows Stereo Mix as an additional record mode, so records the output directly rather than through the microphone or speakers.

Now, playback of saved captured footage has proper sound, as you would hear it through the speakers when playing the game.
Nice
Anyone has experience on Filmora? What you suggest as video editing app for a beginner who wants to learn more? It also should not be super expensive to buy (<100€)
I'm using Sony Vegas Pro (now MAGIX Vegas Pro). When I tried it for the first time years ago it felt so intuitive and I learned it by try and fail method. Anyway I tried probably 99% of the video editing programs and for me the best are Adobe Premiere and MAGIX Vegas. Filmora is ok, it will do the job, try it.
I found Sony Vegas Pro better and more easier to use and add effects ect to the videos

Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG