The online racing simulator
Problem connecting to lfs sites and master server
I'm getting tons of errors like 'Did not receive OK' and ' Connect timed out' and another error saying i can't connect to master server. There are short intervals of time (30 sec) in which I can connect to server, but then i time out. The problem is i can receive packets (i can see others driving and chatting) but cannot send packets (i can't chat or join/spec etc.) I tried restarting the router, trying with another LFS installation, but the problem still persists, (well I can't access lfs.net and lfsworld too so it's not LFS installation issue, it's not PC issue too, i can't access the site from mobile too) Although I can access the lfs site with no problems using my mobile data on my phone. This happens only with lfs, social networks load perfectly, i made test in my internet speed online and it's just what it should be. I had this problem before but for 10 minutes only. Help appreciated. Did not try with VPN, but going to do it

edit: doing this stuff from my phone, there might be mistakes and mistyped words
I would like to point out that if you get connected to a server,then it's a connection to a indipendent server,unrelated to LFS websites and master server. So if you're keeping losing connection,there still might be a problem with your connection,despite other websites working well.
One blind shot I can suggest - if you're connected to server,in servers list besides server name there is a button saying wither TCP or UDP - click on it to toggle between them. With some providers one of them might cause problem,try switching.
Quote from Eclipsed :I would like to point out that if you get connected to a server,then it's a connection to a indipendent server,unrelated to LFS websites and master server. So if you're keeping losing connection,there still might be a problem with your connection,despite other websites working well.
One blind shot I can suggest - if you're connected to server,in servers list besides server name there is a button saying wither TCP or UDP - click on it to toggle between them. With some providers one of them might cause problem,try switching.

Didn't mention it but doesn't work, tried that for the time i could connect, however its not constant problem, it's fixed now, but still i have ping strikes for few seconds, the problem will get back again i bet. Final thing is connecting ISP if they can fix the issue. Btw i read in a post insim port might be a problem, i changed it and even tried without lfslazy, still happened. Just to mention no threads in the forum help

Edit: problem is with all servers, including master server and all lfs sites (lfs.net and lfsworld, didnt try lfsmanual)
I cannot imagine a local insim which is connected locally on your own computer causing such problems,but I'm not a network expert.
My only guess is something in your ISP's traffic routing is causing these problems,like packet loss,but again - read the few last words of previous sentence.

Edit: Can you connect to your PC to mobile phone to use it as internet access? Like hotspot via wifi,some models support tethering wia USB cable too. If that works,that would be proof of ISP problems.
Quote from Eclipsed :I cannot imagine a local insim which is connected locally on your own computer causing such problems,but I'm not a network expert.
My only guess is something in your ISP's traffic routing is causing these problems,like packet loss,but again - read the few last words of previous sentence.

Edit: Can you connect to your PC to mobile phone to use it as internet access? Like hotspot via wifi,some models support tethering wia USB cable too. If that works,that would be proof of ISP problems.

Yes, if i am using mobile data it works both on PC and phone, so it's ISP or router problem, also today i will try VPN, it's something blocking and preventing me from connecting to LFS at all

Quote from alireza d1 :https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/92805-error-%22did-not-receive-ok%22

This doesn't work for me, because i don't know if anybody else is playing lfs in my town, it might be isp or router
This doesn't work for me too. I use vpn when servers has driver in track.
All sounds as a UDP problem to me
win firewall .. antivirus secure connection ,,, vpn antivirus ,,, turn off isolation core in defender windows for logitech profiler program ..
Quote from WestlY :win firewall .. antivirus secure connection ,,, vpn antivirus ,,, turn off isolation core in defender windows for logitech profiler program ..

Going to try this, but the problem came from nowhere, i have played the game for months with no problems and i didn't make any system settings changes. Maybe a good thing to mention is im getting some error when windows boots up i get error saying some stuff about ssl/tls stopped working or similar, not sure, but it's roots are .net framework related i think

Edit: it works perfectly now, the error i get at boot is 'The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel'
disable proxy server ?
i must turn off northon antivirus security connection .. i was having one problem with my router NAT adressing plus Time zone ...
UPDATE: One of my friends, who is not from my town and is on different ISP, cannot connect to lfs at all, master server in-game and all of the lfs sites doesnt work {lfsmanual, lfs.net, lfsworld}. The problem is for 20 mintues already, although i can connect with no problems to LFS

EDIT: It's fixed for now for both of us. This happens only at around 8-9 PM GMT+2
you friend, if use opera web and write https://www.lfs.net ,, work ???
if work, so only seting "defender" and "C:/lfs/" for gaming.

if no, so firewall for gaming.
//next step }} try turn off/on torredo windows, microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter, wan miniport - Sstp,ip, ikev2 (( network device ))

try use only IPv4 ,,,

but a think all problem is in seting time zone from certificate... no identict time no work secure Smile ManuaL DNS 4.4.8.8 i rec.

try new device - maeby mom PC ,, lfs is easy for test install , try new ISP ..
----------
Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter
----------
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
Attached images
Screenshot_20190115-004031.jpeg
Quote from WestlY :you friend, if use opera web and write https://www.lfs.net ,, work ???
if work, so only seting "defender" and "C:/lfs/" for gaming.

if no, so firewall for gaming.
//next step }} try turn off/on torredo windows, microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter, wan miniport - Sstp,ip, ikev2 (( network device ))

try use only IPv4 ,,,

but a think all problem is in seting time zone from certificate... no identict time no work secure Smile ManuaL DNS 4.4.8.8 i rec.

try new device - maeby mom PC ,, lfs is easy for test install , try new ISP ..
----------
Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter
----------
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

Thanks for the reply. Although it's not windows problem, it might be isp or router
NAT technologi..and..Time technologi....
i want know Name type router... meaby automatic update firmware ,,, some router need file network sharing turn on.

contact ISP ,, 99% router is on buy ISP .. (( adsl ?? - or comunity network wifi ? ))

i was some time agressive play LFS and my neighbort turn off elektric home becose acustic mess ...so last idea ,,,, hack router for turn off gaming ..
Quote from WestlY :NAT technologi..and..Time technologi....
i want know Name type router... meaby automatic update firmware ,,, some router need file network sharing turn on.

contact ISP ,, 99% router is on buy ISP .. (( adsl ?? - or comunity network wifi ? ))

i was some time agressive play LFS and my neighbort turn off elektric home becose acustic mess ...so last idea ,,,, hack router for turn off gaming ..

Nope, this won't help, in Bulgaria most of the ISPs doesn't give access to router. I should call the ISP several times just to open single port. It's not router firmware, because the problem is to more than 3 people with different routers and ISP, it's not isp restricting access neither. I'm running on fibre optic to router and router to PC straight LAN cable.

For now it's fixed and if it comes back it's at late hours for 30 minute up to 2 hours interval
sooooo this is IP forwarding .. you provider internet use IP forwarding ... call him change ports ... becose colidating with lfs use.

Problem connecting to lfs sites and master server
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG