The online racing simulator
Advertising cracked version of LFS in licensed servers v2
So i was playing in drift server and this guy joined and started spamming his cracked version. Fun fact my teammate actually caught him doing the same thing about 1 week ago.
I can also upload MPR if needed.
Attached images
funIpo3XSFmOn7PBMOEbCA.png
Seems he is not smart enough to realise advertising in a licenced server means addressing an audience that already bought licences

With this methodology he'd be lucky to even have a fraction of what Peurelok or BR or whatever had, before Scawen raises his hand.

Marketing done wrong, Lol

///edit
If he goes on demo servers do post an update, so I can put forward a perm ban on some demo severs, if not before Scawen bans him
edit 2
Next time can you blank-o or cover his website when you post it to this forum so no one goes to it
Oops he really dare to do that...The funny thing is he spamming his version on a purchased-licensed server. If we already have license so why us even care about it?

There used to cracked somewhere. Chinese used to pirate because their country economic matter and now geniuned too. I can't see if there is enough benefit from them as they stop update and remain 0.6R.
#4 - lucaf
r. i. p. Costa
I really wish I wasn't Brazilian so I wouldn't have to be embarrassed of people like this fool...
Anyone that is eager to get you to download a free crack, isn't really trying to get you to use the crack, they are trying to get you to install the malware software that is attached to the crack so they can use your computer to mine bitcoin, or look at your web cam whenever they want.
Every server admin should ban this guy as soon as he enters the server - that way he could gather up enough bans for global ban he deserves.
He ignored the warning and is now banned from the master server.
Quote from CozmicDragon :I really wish I wasn't Brazilian so I wouldn't have to be embarrassed of people like this fool...

You don't have to be embarrassed. A fool is a fool, they come in all shapes, sizes and nationalities Smile
What would be funny is if someone reports to his server hosting about this lfspro thing and his mini world gets an abrupt shutdown.....

Surely though, the host he is using can be informed about what's going on, right? Like him essentially ripping off lfs.
Or even his forum host, that would make a big dent..

edit//
Could Scawen issue a takedown notice? Or would this have to go down the BRcruise route
Quote from MicroSpecV :What would be funny is if someone reports to his server hosting about this lfspro thing and his mini world gets an abrupt shutdown.....

Surely though, the host he is using can be informed about what's going on, right? Like him essentially ripping off lfs.
Or even his forum host, that would make a big dent..

edit//
Could Scawen issue a takedown notice? Or would this have to go down the BRcruise route

Sure, you could send a message to the registrar and host, and to Yuri ofcourse. Wink

https://www.whois.com/whois/lfspro.net
Quote from CozmicDragon :I really wish I wasn't Brazilian so I wouldn't have to be embarrassed of people like this fool...

Which is why adopting simple comforting prejudice to weigh someone up invariably makes you a dick a some point, as there are decent people everywhere, regardless of any real trends in a particular culture.

If a group or culture has 50% of one trait, that doesn’t mean each member of that group has 50% of it.

I understand the embarrassment though, however misplaced and unnecessary it should be.
Cracked lfs event
I have another case but this time a cracked lfs event by kristis. His username on lfs is kristelis
Attached images
Screenshot (21).png
@Bose Have sent a pretty formal mail to the host but can't seem to send one to pdr, they don't have a contact surprisingly?
Quote from MicroSpecV :@Bose Have sent a pretty formal mail to the host but can't seem to send one to pdr, they don't have a contact surprisingly?

Thumbs up
I believe the host has registered the domain via PDR, so not sure if PDR can really do anything with it, but it's worth a shot. You can try abuse-contact@publicdomainregistry.com or https://publicdomainregistry.com/contact-us/
Quote from jasonstorm374 :I have another case but this time a cracked lfs event by kristis. His username on lfs is kristelis

It's just an IP host and not an emulated LFSW. They're the smaller problem.

Do not be so because the Brazilians are having projects that should even be more recognized.
LSAV (Liga Sul Americana Virtual) for example, I think should be more recognized for all Portuguese language communities and even within other communities, have had great events in s2 \ s3!

I think that LFS team for next year could bet a little more on the events and try to attract more attention, maybe not create a world official competition as it does in other simulators.
What is missing from LiveForSpeed is to call the "old drivers" and "old teams" back to LiveForSpeed

You aren't that Saint either
hi , i dont wanted to start a new topic , so i just do it in here.
There are a few demo servers named: drifthane.

They have a website/facebook etc.

Its a turkish team that invites players to join theire cracked community.
Could the dev or someone else take those servers down and theire entire community?

Already sent a mail to the devs.

Thank you.
Quote from Bass-Driver :hi , i dont wanted to start a new topic , so i just do it in here.
There are a few demo servers named: drifthane.

They have a website/facebook etc.

Its a turkish team that invites players to join theire cracked community.
Could the dev or someone else take those servers down and theire entire community?

Already sent a mail to the devs.

Thank you.

You mean these?
Ye those servers.
Didnt want to post to much info about this.
In general I wonder why such "modified" servers can appear in multiplayer server list. So modified servers are officially supported? What does that even mean?
Quote from lucaf :In general I wonder why such "modified" servers can appear in multiplayer server list. So modified servers are officially supported? What does that even mean?

It's a DCON setting you can enable. It enables usage of Tweaks and such without getting kicked/banned.

Advertising cracked version of LFS in licensed servers v2
(174 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG