The online racing simulator
that's normal, working hard on some stuffs for very long time => you want to share a little ...
Keep faith the team !!!
Quote from pasibrzuch :Only new grapx comes. And still no orange font color

Who cares about graphs and font colors.. Its #FreeScirroco movement what counts. All sounding good though, might take more then 9 months but getting used to it don't we?
^ I want to say that post you're replying to is dripping in sarcasm, but in can be hard to tell on an international forum.

Road to VR ranks LFS #3 in their fall '17 update of VR implementation. I give LFS the rating: if you build it they will come.
Hmm oh.. But I like more variations of font colors too. Maybe we can sneak it in during the beta release patch sequence / episode. We will see, when it's time.

VR is still quite nieche, small breadcrumbs use this technology. Racing wheels on the other hand.. This force feedback system of LFS needs an update desperately (I think it coincides with this physics update).

But, nice that you sneak in some news in this topic.
Live For Speed at 2:07 Big grin

(Gameranx - has over 4million subscribers)

-
(kvoboss) DELETED by Scawen : pointless post
-
(goodmanherbal) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam
Quote from Abone :Realisim was something short (start last year if im not wrong)and from old LFS player. we have here some videos on Facebook with Pawel Trela pro driver in rally and drift (real life), using LFS,talking about it.another surprise was Realisim put one guy drifting 9 month on LFS and later give a chance to use LFS skills in a real car.i think was interesting to see, so i decide put links here. enjoy

Facebook: www.facebook.com/realisim/?fref=ts
Realisim website: www.realisim.net/
First run after 9 month on LFS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUi4F_ef3E&t=38s
Pawel Trela talking about LFS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QnPTckFbBo

They've deleted their website, Facebook page and Youtube channel. I wonder what happened, I really enjoyed that video.
Quote from BeNoM :They've deleted their website, Facebook page and Youtube channel. I wonder what happened, I really enjoyed that video.

Converted in AC to get more sells and put LFS in a box. :/
Quote from Cutie pie :Does "LFS in museums" count? Smile

Found this in Automuseum Prototyp Hamburg

Funny thing! I was there ~2 months ago! The car was underpowered XFG (to simulate an old car) with 4 gears. It had custom pedals (sadly no clutch) and a custom all metal clunky H shifter. It was quite fun.

The sad part was that the LFS there is quite old (check the minimap) and worst of all - they didn't say that it's LFS anywhere Frown!
Quote from Sobis :Funny thing! I was there ~2 months ago! The car was underpowered XFG (to simulate an old car) with 4 gears. It had custom pedals (sadly no clutch) and a custom all metal clunky H shifter. It was quite fun.

The sad part was that the LFS there is quite old (check the minimap) and worst of all - they didn't say that it's LFS anywhere Frown!

LFS should update their terms of use, if it's on public places they should inform that is lfs or add a lfs logo there
Yeah I know about the terms of commercial use so I did inform the devs when I saw that in the summer Smile.
Quote from Sobis :Yeah I know about the terms of commercial use so I did inform the devs when I saw that in the summer Smile.

Surely it's not commercial use if they're not charging people specifically for driving that car?
Could be, I'm not sure. It's not exactly free either - you have to pay to enter.
In any case it doesn't say anywhere that they are using LFS.
Thanks for the information. We have contacted the museum again. This time we got a reply and they are now displaying the logo and text on a banner beside the simulator.
Yay! Glad to hear!
Quote from mbutcher :Ubuntu just posted about Live for Speed on their official Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ubuntulinux/posts/10156762669708592

In case anyone is wondering: Canonical (the Company behind Ubuntu Linux) developed a new Package Manager (kind of like an "App Store") for Ubuntu. Anyone can create and publish "Snaps", as the packages are called so that other users of Ubuntu or another Linux distribution that supports snaps can download and install them.

Apparently, someone named Taqi Raza (mmtrt) packaged and published a Live for Speed snap in the beginning of December that, basically, installs Wine, downloads the LFS installer from LFS.net, installs and sets everything up.

Ubuntu then promoted the snap on Facebook.

The snap is published on snapcraft: https://snapcraft.io/liveforspeed
The "source code" for the snap is available on Github: https://github.com/mmtrt/liveforspeed

I think this is cool. I just hope the devs were informed beforehand and that mmtrt continues to maintain the snap. Smile

Edit: @Devs, it appears that the snap uses Wget to download the installer from lfs.net, so if you'd like an indication of how many installs this generates perhaps look for the Wget User-Agent in your server logs.
Quote from felplacerad :*snip*

I was thinking the same about whether any permission was sought to bundle and publish the snap package.
I just wonder why the shop link for license is going through bit.ly (it seems to redirect directly, at first I thought it hides some analytics of the package author, but doesn't look like that). And the official link is similarly short, so... what's going on? (I think somebody should try to contact him to modify it, bit.ly links are suspicious...
-
(LOXISLOXIS) DELETED by LOXISLOXIS
ok tnks

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG