Full team name: N/A
Nation: Bulgaria

Hello
Round 4 info
V8 Racing League 2018
Round 4

Sunday,4th November
18:30 UTC / 19:30 CET / 20:30 EET

* in order to keep the event start times in same time in Europe due change to winter time,UTC time has been changed!

The bigger 3 weeks break between rounds is over this sunday - VERL returns to action in the urban environment of South City. Surrounded by barriers,this track might give a bit of claustrophobic feeling even if in many parts are wider than other more open courses. This year we'll use the longest official configuration named City Long,a 4 kilometers long track using almost all challenging sections of South City.
After 60% of the season there is a strong leader in championship table,but he has 3 strong followers,which means that the lead might turn into dust by a bigger fluke during the 4th round - this round will clear up if series will have a direct title battle or just minimum job to complete for the leader in final round. Seeing the champion of 1st season signing up recently,we might have all 3 VERL champions on the grid - 2 of them are already previous winners of this round.

Round info:
Track: South City City Long (SO4)
Laps: 50
Previous winners: v\A.Wiśniewski (2017), CoRe S.Souders (2016), [SR] S.Litmanen (2015)

Server info and password will be PM'ed saturday to all entrants,until then server remains publically accessible:
V8 Racing League
Server is now passworded and password has been sent to all entrants via PM.

If someone hasn't received it due some mistake,please give a notification!

Signups are still open until 10 minutes before qualifying start!
LFSW name:AzyerGames
In-game name: AS Azyer
Full team name: Air Support (Sub division of air attack)
Nation: United Kingdom
Round 4 unofficial results
Qualifying:

Race:

If you want to make a protest,please include all neccesary information.
Template:
Quote :Session:
Lap/MPR time:
Involved drivers:
Description of incident:

Deadline for protests - monday,20:00 UTC
Attached images
q.png
r.png
Attached files
VERL2018-R4q.mpr - 4.6 MB - 174 views
VERL2018-R4r.mpr - 16.3 MB - 171 views
Usually I have screwep up my qualifying runs in this league, but this time I got quite close to my PB. Race setup didn't feel that great in a short practice stint, but in the race it worked like a dream. Very satisfied with my performance. Don't think I have ever driven FO8 as well as yesterday.
You've had a great pace, congrats again! If this was any of the other, shorter SO tracks, you would've been able to officially "do the Litmanen" Smile
He lapped us all 3 years a go, SO6r though, a bit shorter track
Quote from sermilan :If this was any of the other, shorter SO tracks, you would've been able to officially "do the Litmanen" Smile

Such a weird result. Litmanen only 0.04s faster in qualifying, but lapped everyone in the race Uhmm

For the first half of the race I thought it could be possible, but then TC-R guys picked up the pace.
Round 4 official results

V8 Racing League spreadsheets

(browse for various championships and single round results)

This race had a chance to be the race of champions as all 3 were signed up,but unfortunatelly none of them attended,so the destiny of the race was left to everyone else. Botsi was obviously motivated to decide it to himself,as he was more than half second faster in qualifying and pulled away from the field right from the green lights - he led every single meter of the 200km race and celebrated 2nd round win in row. The race for 2nd place was much more intense and after some position changes Adam turned out to be best of the rest,his teammate P.Butcher completed the podium.

With Botsi scoring all possible 20 points and 3 his closest table rivals not being able to take any away,the 2018 VERL Drivers Championship is practically decided - Botsi has 20 points lead over P.Butcher and has already 2 wins against P.Butcher's 0,which means tying up is not enough. Only 1 scenario can still change the fate of championship - if P.Butcher collects all 20 points (win and both bonus points for pole position and fastest lap) and Botsi does not start the race (thus loses 1 attendance bonus point) and does not tie best laptime in qualifying,P.Butcher overtakes Botsi in standings,no other alternative options exist. However all other positions can still change more or less easily,so the final round will be one last chance for everyone to improve their positions in final standings. Despite losing realistic chances to main title,P.Butcher takes Rookie of the Year award,allthough practically without competition - his closest rival in table currently is his teammate Elmo,who has scored just 2 points so far.

Teams Championship has a tiny bit more realistic possibility of lead change - TC-R currently is 27 points ahead of closest followers RGA,while 35 points are still up for grabs for a team. Which means TC-R needs to score 9 points (5th position in race) in final round to secure teams title without caring about rivals performance. 2nd place in this table is still under question - RGA has only 4 points lead over Vires and 5 over GenR. After another points rich race,Finland successfully defends the Nations Cup again - no other nation has taken this award during league's 4 seasons. Also 2nd position is locked up already - UK has 36 points advantage. 3rd position is still open - Lithuania is 3 points ahead of Poland with another 2 nations in striking distance.

With titles very safe or even wrapped up,5th round of this season is a bit more open,no pressure on most drivers,hopefully this helps the competition in race to evolve into even better one. Ths National configuration has been run as final round in 1st season of this league,which turned out to be thrilling race with few breaks despite low attendance,so the track has a potential as it features fast straights and various turns. League is back to normal 2 weeks break between rounds,18th november ist the date for last series decisions.
Attached images
VERLpodium.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Quote from sermilan :You've had a great pace, congrats again! If this was any of the other, shorter SO tracks, you would've been able to officially "do the Litmanen" Smile

nae chance Big grin

Great race guys, best fun I've had on a sim since cityliga, the combo was great!
i'm leaving this league

i'm just getting really bored, but i'll try and be back in AWS
Round 5 info
V8 Racing League 2018
Round 5

Sunday,18th November
18:30 UTC / 19:30 CET / 20:30 EET

The end is near! Well,just the end of 2018 V8 Racing League - final round is just behind the next corner. Westhill's shorter configuration in reversed direction has it's return to series schedule,featuring tricky turns with and without elevation - 4.4 kilometers long lap will require 46 circles around it to complete nominal distance of 200 kilometers.
With just one single purely theoretical chance of current standings leader not becoming a champion,the most interesting intrigue might be out of window,but all other positions have to be settled,which hopefully is motivating enough for everyone. Also teams title still is not locked in,while fight for being 2nd best team is wide open with 3 candidates for the honor. And there's still a weak hope of this race becoming an VERL race of champions...

Round info:
Track: Westhill National Reversed (WE1R)
Laps: 46
Previous winners: TEM/Y.Laprevotte (2017), [SR] sermilan (2016), S M.Kapal (2015)

Server info and password will be PM'ed saturday to all entrants,until then server remains publically accessible:
V8 Racing League
LFSW name: kenan12
In-game name: Evowind
Full team name:-
Nation: Turkey
Server is now passworded and password has been sent to all entrants via PM.

If someone hasn't received it due some mistake,please give a notification!

Signups are still open until 10 minutes before qualifying start!
Still time to join for the last round? If so I leave my info below:

LFSW name: Silvio Tavares
In-game name: Silvastone
Full team name:
Nation: Brazil
LFSW name: JARMOLO
In-game name: JARMOLO
Full team name:
Nation: Lithuanian
Unfortunately I won't be able to make today's race as I've just moved house this weekend and haven't yet set my rig up. Shame, because I was hoping to retain my overall podium.

Anyway, have fun and good luck!
Round 5 unofficial results
Qualifying:

Race:

If you want to make a protest,please include all neccesary information.
Template:
Quote :Session:
Lap/MPR time:
Involved drivers:
Description of incident:

Deadline for protests - monday,20:00 UTC
Attached images
q.png
r.png
Attached files
VERL2018-R5q.mpr - 3.2 MB - 158 views
VERL2018-R5r.mpr - 10.4 MB - 168 views
Thanks Rony for another great season! It was awesome to drive again! I'm quite happy how it all went for me (well, exept for the South City round).

I'm looking foreward for the 2019 edition: 4th 2015, 20th 2016, 18th 2017 and now 16th 2018 in V8RL/VERL so far. Big grin
Round 5 official results

V8 Racing League spreadsheets

(browse for various championships and single round results)

Final round turned out to be a no-champions race - none of the previous and also the newly crowned champion did not attend and left the fate of victory to others. Finnish driver Altsu had a bad season - the only finished race so far was done with rejoin after crash,other 2 he did not finish,one of them from pole position. But he was dominating this round,in pre-round testing he even beat his own world record time,was the only one to beat 1:20 mark in qualifying and he run away from the rest right from lap one,growing his lead to 25 seconds. But his race strategy did not work out,as he lost his lead due pitstop and never regained it. Kamikas was the other driver to start from front row - he held his position until before half distance had to concede it. With 5 laps to go,Kamikas was able to repass Unite,what at that point it was already pass for lead and 20 kilometers later he crossed the finish line 1st to take the victory. Altsu passed his compatriot Unite while the latter was busy rallycrossing in final lap and secured at least 2nd place,Unite ended up 3rd despite leading almost 1/3 of the race. Just like in 3 from previous 4 rounds,also in this one the winner did not set the fastest lap of the race,this time it was Adam,who finished just 9th due to his penalty he earned by speeding in pitlane - he overestimated the inertia of spinning wheels,these were more powerful than his car's pitlimiter on Westhill's downhill pitlane.

Full season recap will be posted later this week or in worst case next week.
Attached images
VERLpodium.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Botsi got the championship too easily. Big grin

That being said, I'm still happy to finish the season ending race 3rd and overall standings 2nd, as it could've been worse. Granted, I did "throw" the lead away, but Kamikas was just way too much to handle, especially in the end-game as he did seem to be faster in just about everywhere, his tires were clearly in better condition. The stress of having the lead and seeing that he caught up to me even though I was on my faster laps, was enough for me to get myself psyched out. Big grin Never expected to be in the lead for the race for that long though, but Altsu seemed to have traffic against him. Bloody quick pace though, hats off to you.

I just wish I'd done better in South City, I'm still disappointed in that result. I had the pace and a proper setup, thanks to botsi, but still I managed to damage my car so bad that it was an understeering mess. Not only that, I did it twice Frown Maybe next year I'll be more consistent.

Thanks to you Rony for organising the league, FO8 never gets boring. See you all next year Wave

EDIT:
Quote from mbutcher :Well done Niko. Sorry I couldn't fight you for the second step in the end, maybe we can resume next year.

Thanks, we will definitely meet again Big grin It was really great driving with you even though you were faster in many occasions. Smile
Well done Niko. Sorry I couldn't fight you for the second step in the end, maybe we can resume next year.
VERL 2018 Final Standings

4th season is done and just like in AWS also in VERL we still have no returning champion. But let's take a look at some figures first. VERL 2018 had a total of 49 signups,which is an increase of 7 since last year and all time most. But only 32 actually took part in at least one round,which is 4 less than last year,but the quality has increased. There were 25 participants in 1st round (one less than VERL highest),which decreased through out the season to 13 in last round,averaging 17 per round - series historical highest season average,one more than last year. Overall racing was clean,only penalties were for pitlane misconducts.

If league still does not have a returning champion,this year it was at least a returning champion's nation - Botsi is the 2nd finnish champion after S.Litmanen in 1st year. Botsi took lead in standings after 2nd round,where he had 2 2nd place finishes in his stats,then he won both following rounds,which practically decided the fate of title - he didn't even need to attend final round to clinch the championship. 2nd in final standings is another finn - Unite from Genuine Racing,he won 2nd round,finished 3rd in another 2,but had 2 not so good results. The best non-finn is P.Butcher - the briton finished 3rd in 3 races and 5th in other one he attended,but could not make the season finale and had to give up chances for higher position.

The defending champion Y.Laprevotte this season attended only in first 2 rounds,finished 5th in both. The 2016 champion A.Wiśniewski also attended only in 2 rounds,qualified on pole position in both,but won only 1st of them,finished 2nd in other. The 2015 champion S.Litmanen signed up for series before 4th round,but never attended. There are another 3 drivers worth to mention - the estonian Kamikas set the fastest lap of the race in rounds 2 and 3,bit finished outside top5 until final round,which he won,becoming 4th different race winner of this season,the round win helped him to climb up to 4th place in final standings. Altsu qualified on pole position for 2 rounds,set fastest lap in another round,but was able to place as high as 2nd in final round as his only good result,just 9th in final standings. And there is another driver who set the fastest lap of the race - Adam from TC-R did it in final round,had also 2 top5 finishes in season,ending in 7th place in standings.

P.Butcher had practically no competition for Rookie of the Year award - he scored 49 points during the season,his closest rival and teammate Elmo just 4.

The battle for teams championship was a bit different due the actual champion not representing a team - TC Racing scored most points in 2 rounds despite not scoring a race win,the team collected a total of 6 top5 finishes and finished 17 points ahead of competition. 2nd in teams standings is Race Green Autosports,repeating it's success of 2015. With help of guest driver Dzidoris scored only 2 top5 finishes,but also scored most points in 2 rounds. Genuine Racing took 3rd position in teams standings thanks to sole performance of Unite.

After 3 championship seasons Finland successfully defended their title also in the 4th season,this time they needed only 4 rounds to do it. Finns scored 3 race wins,3 pole positions,2 fastest laps and 9 top5 finishes. 2nd best nation,which also locked in their position before final round was United Kingdom - their stats are identical with TC-R stats,as only their racers represented UK. Lithuania finished 3rd in Nations Cup standings,represented by 2 drivers in 1st round,but only one of them continued to race in other rounds - 3 4th place finishes in their stats.

Race Green Events thanks all competitors for joining it's hosted events and hopes everyone had their fun and found their competition or challenge - you're the ones who keep the leagues running. If we're looking towards future - RGE have no different plans currently,we will still keep up the RTFR and RTFR XL running till the bitter end and also the 8th season of our longest running league AWS is set to start in 1st sunday of next year. But before that in traditional 26th december - the return of x-mas madness This is Crashmaaas!!! And in late summer or early autumn V8 Racing League should start the 5th season if nothing drastically changes.

See you on track! Thumbs up
Attached images
VERLtotal2018.jpg
I was close not to attend this series but decided to grab the wheel and start practising on the morning of the first race day. I certainly don't regret that decision. Especially first two races offered some nice close battles, and of course winning the championship feels great too Cool

It was also nice to see how much some guys have improved their driving lately. It just shows that even after years and years of practise you can still learn something every time you start your engine.

Big thanks to Rony once again and sorry for not attending the last race. There are several reasons why I didn't race, but to be honest, the biggest one was a lack of motivation after the championship was basically secured. I was still ready to join for one lap to get that one point if Pete had won the qualification.
This thread is closed

V8 Racing League 2018 - information and sign-ups
(134 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG