The online racing simulator
Cars we don't drive?
(122 posts, started )
well here's a list of cars i drive and don't drive... XF GTR is supposed to be a Tick
Attached images
list.jpg
You mean like this:

(Sorry for offtopic)
Attached images
kivi.jpeg
I try to play as many of the cars as I can, but sadly a lot of them are never available in multiplayer and I refuse to sit on my own server running countless solo laps waiting for others to join

I love the FO8 BECAUSE it's not easy to drive. No TC means you really need to learn some throttle control - lead foot it and you won't leave the start line.I rarely bother with the BF1, but that might just be because most of the tracks the BF1 servers run are too short to use the car to potential

I also like the TBO class cars, but again there's no point picking anything other than the FXO for those because you can't beat it. I'd like to see more servers with the common (or more unbalanced/overpowered) cars disabled, just to see what people would do. Maybe that's just my sadistic nature coming out
Quote from Hyperactive :You mean like this:

(Sorry for offtopic)

More like this

(Sorry for offtopic)
Attached images
g005.jpg
That´s the statistics of car usage in S2. It however doesnt accurately show the cars popularity at the moment. The fo8 has so many laps cause it was the main oval car before patch U, bf1 hasnt got so many laps cause it was added later and hasn´t been around that long. But it does show which cars are more popular in general.

formula xr 6,914,738 laps
formula v8 6,712,884 laps
fz50 gtr 3,567,678 laps
bmw sauber 2,746,218 laps
fxo gtr 2,335,366 laps
xf gtr 2,176,806 laps
uf1000 2,168,240 laps
xf gti 1,464,379 laps
xr gtr 1,070,563 laps
mrt5 1,035,939 laps
rb4 1,000,206 laps
fxo 971,457 laps
xr gt turbo 817,643 laps
uf gtr 731,403 laps
fz50 394,642 laps
lx4 391,851 laps
lx6 354,081 laps
ra 281,261 laps
xr gt 274,988 laps
Yes it is. IMHO it´s ok to mess around "a little bit". Hyper did the best joke here FOR A LONG TIME so ....
Rubbish the lx4 is driven loads, or at least will be when the crc's lovely shiney new LX Eurocup kicks off.
Quote from Kalev EST :
lx4 391,851 laps
lx6 354,081 laps
ra 281,261 laps
xr gt 274,988 laps

The LX's should get used more, but the RA is a very difficult car to drive.
Quote :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Harry
HYPERACTIVE:
YOU ROCK!

ENDU GTR??? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

wat he said^

what they said ^^^
For the last 2h i have been hosting Blackwood rallyx with bf1, rb4 and both lx's

The bf1 was just messing around as people wanted to see me do 1.00min lap but lx6 is great on blrx,

best rally combo imho...

it is true that the other cars are hardly ever seen on the servers...

mad
#39 - SamH
My faves attached.
My top faves are the LX6, FZR and BF1. All for entirely different reasons. In each of them, I have a tremendous sense of attachment to the car. It's kinda a comfort factor.
Attached images
LFSCarPrefs.jpg
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
mrt5 is quite a fun car to race if you want to have close races but i think there arent enough good tracks for the car....
Quote from farcar :Does steering damage make it less like a slot car??

Because the fox is so precise and easy to drive I think it's most fun on unforgiving tracks like South City. Driving the fox on a track like Westhill just isn't as fun or challenging. The opposite seems to be true for cars like the FZ5. Because it's big, heavy, and doesn't turn as sharply it seems to be the most fun on tracks like Aston and Westhill. The shorter, tighter tracks are more frustrating than fun.

As to the OP - I think your list is a little off. The LX4 is one of the best cars in the game. I prefer it over the LX6 and even drove it for quite a while last night. The FZ5 is also a TON of fun on the right track. In fact, it's one of my favorite cars. It just doesn't get much attention because of the GTR model. The UF1 is also a ton of fun on the right track. It makes for very close and forgiving races around the Club track variants.

I do think that the UFR and XR GT are way underused though. Neither of these cars can compete with the other cars in their class on most tracks.
Quote from Chris_Kerry :The LX's should get used more, but the RA is a very difficult car to drive.

Agreed, I just wish I could get all the understeer off the RA. Corners? What are they, this car just does straights and slightly less straight.
Quote from Cue-Ball :I do think that the UFR and XR GT are way underused though. Neither of these cars can compete with the other cars in their class on most tracks.

I'm getting very tired about this common misconception. Just take a look at (proper) WRs and league results, or just try to actually race them fully and you'll see that these two are the best balanced classes in LFS.
i aint touched alot of the cars that were originally labeled with a plus, and have driven almost only the lx4, RAC, uf1, mrt....so i think that you need to visit different servers, cause your not getting out(in a lfs world) enough.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Misko :I'm getting very tired about this common misconception. Just take a look at (proper) WRs and league results, or just try to actually race them fully and you'll see that these two are the best balanced classes in LFS.

WRs really don't mean anything to me. Running one fast lap is one thing, running 20 of them back to back is another entirely. I'll have to trust you about the league racing because I've never seen a league that races these cars. In my personal experience the UFR is way more difficult to control than the XFR due to the extra short wheelbase. The XFR is nearly as fast while also being easier to control. The same thing is true with the XR GT versus the XFG. Sure, you CAN be as fast in the XR GT, but why bother? The other car is just as fast and much more forgiving. If you make one mistake in the XRG the race is over while all of your competitors in their FWD cars just plow ahead and win.

This is my personal experience. YMMV.
We have 3 hour races in 2 classes in LFS GT, 2nd class being XFR and UFR and we are very equal. UFR is the same or slightly better in braking, acceleration and cornering, and XFR is little faster at the end of longer straights which makes it pretty much equal overall. 1 hour stints for both cars are no problem at all (R3 or sometimes even R2 on the front), in fact we changed only front tyres sometimes, but we have not been brave enough to try 1h 30minutes stint in either of the cars, so we can't tell for sure which car is better on the tyres, though we suspect UFR is. Theres a new season in Czech league going on now that uses this class, so that could be looked too. I didn't follow it, maybe Chaos could give us a little report.

Being the lighter and more nimble car I prefer UFR, same thing for XFG. Its just more fun to toss around smaller and lighter car. XRG is there for those who really hate FWD and those people usually can handle it just fine and be perfectly competitive. Sure, some tracks favour one car, some another, but overall these classes are well balanced and no car is obvious winner, there's a car for each different prefference. Difficulty in handling is also driver's choice.
#47 - wark
I don't drive any of the fore-wheel or four wheel driven cars. Coincidence? :magnify:
#48 - Gunn
I don't touch any FWD cars or the RAC. Everything else (including the FO8, the MRT and the LX4) I drive and enjoy.
I love the RA! and would love to see more servers with it, I've done a track day in an Elise and this is about as close as it gets for a computer game!

It's so much fun to chuck about.

I rarely use the MRT, but probably cos I can't get my head around what it actually is! hhehe

Rest i'm all for
XRG is my favourite and most used car

Cars we don't drive?
(122 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG