The online racing simulator
Quote from Bila_KHS :...and much more, but this one is most urgent not only for me propably Wink

Dear developer,

Please postpone important updates that will grow the playerbase to work on these race management features. I know that you created insim so that the community could implement features like this. And I know you almost always add capabilities to insim when an active developer requests them, but personally I think these features should be native to the game, because asseta corsa.

Please do the needful,
-Confused
ok, so i will write to you in other side .

Why most of the lfs community switched to iRacing and Assetto Corsa ?

you should answer it by " Because they provide more realistic simulation of racing " . Soo, you mentioned it a simulator - ok, why that simulation not providing me this simulation of racing ?
I'm not sure what you are talking about. Gather enough LFS players, some event organizers, and you can have SC, rolling start, 1 lap qualification, etc...

Even some not-very-good VSC is possible with current InSim.

The games you mentioned are providing only a bit better/simpler support for those things (automating some of them), but you can have all of that when event organizers would put enough effort into it. I don't believe that's the major factor in the decline of active LFS players.

From the ranting on the forums in the past decade, I would rather guess it's the lack in the graphics and content, and actually I strongly suspect simple irrational "it's old 2003 game" is also quite some part of the issue, players simply move to "new" games, even if they don't provide that much more value, or the old game provides in some aspects more/better experience, but many players will simply jump on the wagon with the mainstream, which follows the "next big thing" all the time.

Actually I have strong suspicion and personal belief, that would Scawen instead of S1/S2/S3 licenses sold LFS1/2/3 games (not even changing anything on the game itself, i.e. LFS2 would be "new game" including the "LFS1" content for free, so I'm talking only about the presentation change, presenting license tiers as new games), the current early-access-LFS3 would attract more players and stir more buzz in gaming press, then mere LFS with S3 license, and constant stream of core updates (making it basically new game, when you compare the 200x version of LFS to current, but people tend to think "not much changed, it's the same game").

Anyway, after the new tyre physics, and new shaders + graphics revamp of all content, you will have basically something what Kunos did with netkar-pro (releasing it named as "AC" after the revamp, not as "patch" to Netkar, making the players to buy it as "new" game again). But LFS devs will release it as "S3 content" plus patch to the original LFS game. It's actually very nice of them, but I'm afraid the players will not recognize that value put into it.
Quote from Eclipsed :It is optional for licenced users. Cool

Oh yes I forgot to mention this: to make the watermark optional FOR demo playersSmile
Bro,chill out.The thing with the pop-ups was something that I would like and seem nice,and the watermark kinda disturbs me being in the left corner. And another thing:Who are you to judge my ideas,huh? I JUST SAID WHAT I HAVE IN MIND!!!
So can you not see the FPS counter if the watermark is on? That's pretty lame...

Also lucaf, i'm sure he is less likely to put money into the game if members of the community are being dicks to him.
Demo users can have the FPS counter if set on the right. The watermark is on the left.
Quote from k_badam :i'm sure he is less likely to put money into the game if members of the community are being dicks to him.

Why would anyone put money on a 10 year old DEAD game in terms of developing & player count.

uuu... triggered
Quote from Jacobys :Why would anyone put money on a 10 year old DEAD game in terms of developing & player count.

uuu... triggered

Not dead,just...forgot,I guess.And plus I have a potato PC so I'm not spending anything,maybe in the future...OH,and lucaf I'm 18 years old and I'm spending my money on something moore important than games and other crap.
Quote from Alex High REVS :Not dead,just...forgot,I guess.And plus I have a potato PC so I'm not spending anything,maybe in the future...OH,and lucaf I'm 18 years old and I'm spending my money on something moore important than games and other crap.

Nonsense. Maybe in principal method in other mean, but not with that context.
I'm just reading lament here. The test patch thread is hardly planned for this. Can you do that not elsewhere?

Play something else if you do not like the current progress of LFS.
Quote from Alex High REVS :Not dead,just...forgot,I guess.And plus I have a potato PC so I'm not spending anything,maybe in the future...OH,and lucaf I'm 18 years old and I'm spending my money on something moore important than games and other crap.

>Spends time making annoying posts in forum
>Spends time driving 10,000+ miles in demo cruise servers
>Spends money on more important things

Oh look, another user who wants the system requirements of 2008, but with continuous development, and, surprise, doesn't plan on ever buying the game.

/off topic
OK if it's off topic I'm sorry,and what's annoying?Anyway..if I did something wrong I'm sorry.
Quote from Alex High REVS :I'm 18 years old and I'm spending my money on something moore important than games and other crap.

Nice reasoning here. How about the devs of this game, who are much older than 18, would spend their time on much more important requests than those made by a teen demo user that doesn't even plan to support this game in the first place because he'd rather spend his dough on more important things than crap? What will be your excuse in 10 years from now? You'll be too old to buy games so you'll crack them? When was the accurate time in your life for you to spend money on a game that you like and that can run on your potato pc?

Gotta love how this section was about reporting bugs from the test patch.. some 10 pages ago.
Please keep it on topic.

This is a Test Patch thread, so go elsewhere and only post here if you found any problems or questions about the patch/es.

Instead of ignoring it, y'all reply to it and then complain about going off-topic...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG