The online racing simulator
Big grin

Works really well
One final quality of life suggestion - especially useful when dealing with a lot of closely packed objects and spinning the camera round:

Would it be possible to mark/highlight the copied/source objects* somehow?
Currently, you can't tell exactly which source objects you are about to move with M. Also if you press O, it's not obvious that the source objects - which you can later move with M - are the newly placed ones rather than the originals.

* The UN-COPY buffer I think you called it - the ones still in the world, not in-hand
The outline and rectangle are really a leap forward! We've discovered a little usability problem though, Elmo will try to explain shortly. (or just did Wink)
Very cool improvements!

Quote :M key can now be used with clipboard objects (select then CTRL+C)

This fixes the issue some reported.

Quote :Multiple object rectangle select CTRL+drag with left mouse button

Obviously very useful and welcome. It's almost ahead of its time due to the ObjectInfo limit Smile

Quote :An outline is now drawn around the selected objects

The color shifting between yellow and green is interesting. I'm slightly confused though. The yellow outline is used for the last manually selected object. But how does that work with the CTRL+drag rectangle?
Quote from sicotange :I'm slightly confused though. The yellow outline is used for the last manually selected object. But how does that work with the CTRL+drag rectangle?

Looks random-ish to me - it's not always the same one when selecting the same group multiple times.

---

Chuck noticed another slight issue - maybe related to the drag selection, I'm not sure.

If you're using CTRL+Click (not drag) to select multiple objects and you just miss the next selection circle, it will deselect all of them. Might get tedious when you fat-finger the 30th selection Wink
very good improvements Thumbs up
(edit title still mentions now R14 Tongue )
Image demonstrating the issue from above:

As soon I press CTRL+C, the original selection becomes invisible. So I don't know which object I am going to modify when pressing m. I also have no confirmation that I don't have anything selected and maybe accidentally going to damage it.

Another issue:

Trying to select a series of single objects with CTRL+click is more difficult. As soon I miss one handle-dot, I lose the entire selection and have to start over. That used to be no problem before.
Live For Blender Big grin
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Quote from sicotange :The yellow outline is used for the last manually selected object. But how does that work with the CTRL+drag rectangle?

It sets the one nearest to the centre of the rectangle as the last selected object.

Quote from Flotch :very good improvements Thumbs up
(edit title still mentions now R14 Tongue )

Thanks - fixed.

Quote from chucknorris :Image demonstrating the issue from above:
https://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/5ae8b1f3b78a6/5ae8b1f3b0875-unmarked_reference.gif
As soon I press CTRL+C, the original selection becomes invisible. So I don't know which object I am going to modify when pressing m. I also have no confirmation that I don't have anything selected and maybe accidentally going to damage it.

Replying to you and Degats here.

How about if the originals were shown with a grey outline?

Quote from chucknorris :
Another issue:
https://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/5ae8b28342b8c/5ae8b2833adcc-single_selection.gif
Trying to select a series of single objects with CTRL+click is more difficult. As soon I miss one handle-dot, I lose the entire selection and have to start over. That used to be no problem before.

This is because LFS thinks you are doing a box select with a zero sized box. Maybe this could be fixed by only doing a box select if the box is a few pixels in size, or at least the size of a selection button.

Alternatively a box select could be ignored if it doesn't include any buttons.
Quote from Scawen :How about if the originals were shown with a grey outline?

That would be good IMO.

Quote from Scawen :
This is because LFS thinks you are doing a box select with a zero sized box. Maybe this could be fixed by only doing a box select if the box is a few pixels in size, or at least the size of a selection button.

Alternatively a box select could be ignored if it doesn't include any buttons.

Personally, I'd prefer the minimum box size option - or a minimum size in at least one dimension; enough of a movement that it's obvious a drag is the intent rather than just a click.

Box select over a blank area is actually a nice quick way of deselecting intentionally - with a big enough box of course.
Is there a way to add back the preview when you select the object? Instead of having to press ctrl + c to see where the object will be
Having grey outline might cause issues when going for concrete objects. Chance to give us to select our own color? I personally would go for Green, because there is only few Green objects. I think Original outline color is simply perfect.

But anyway, thanks for adding that feature. That definitely will be an excellent aspect!
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Having grey outline might cause issues when going for concrete objects. Chance to give us to select our own color? I personally would go for Green, because there is only few Green objects. I think Original outline color is simply perfect.

But anyway, thanks for adding that feature. That definitely will be an excellent aspect!

would be nice the inverse color, like if the object is black the outline would be white
scawen, i play lfs in windowed mode, and in R15 version the CTRL+C (block mouse for only lfs window) no work anymore, have other command for this??
Found something: If objects are selected and I CTRL+Right Click in a rectangle selection on other objects, that previous selection gets overridden with the CTRL+RC (rectangle selection) one. Therefor I need to re-select these objects.
Basically what Elmo said (Degats). Especially the last sentence.

Quote from Degats :
Box select over a blank area is actually a nice quick way of deselecting intentionally - with a big enough box of course.

Maybe intentional or not, but a simple left click (without any movement) used to clear the current selection. I haven't found a better way of doing this now by pressing SPACE 2 times. Drawing an empty rectangle would be the alternative now.
Quote from MacedoSTI :scawen, i play lfs in windowed mode, and in R15 version the CTRL+C (block mouse for only lfs window) no work anymore, have other command for this??

It's CTRL+M now.

The change was to allow CTRL+C to be used for COPY.

Quote from chucknorris :I haven't found a better way of doing this now by pressing SPACE 2 times. Drawing an empty rectangle would be the alternative now.

I've done the minimum size rectangle to avoid the accidental deselection.

You can use a small rectangle to deselect if you like.

But - as you mention pressing the space bar twice - I'm just checking if you know about the C key? Smile
I welcome any improvements to InSim, thanks!

I implemented the use of new IS_CIM packet into LFSLazy. Its nice little addon.

Some other stuff I'd like to have included in InSim: F9/F10/F11/F12 menu state, speed unit kmph/mph, selected menu in pits final drive/brakes/..., that will be enough for now Tongue
Very nice improvements in layout editor, thanks!
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Some other stuff I'd like to have included in InSim: F9/F10/F11/F12 menu state, speed unit kmph/mph, selected menu in pits final drive/brakes/..., that will be enough for now Tongue

I'd like that, too (including the menu contents to InSim app). Wink
R16:

Outline changed to line drawing which helps with object alignment
Original objects are now shown with grey lines after copy pressed
Drag select now has a minimum size to avoid accidental deselection
FIX : Heading bug after un-copying selection that had been rotated
FIX : CTRL+C un-copy cleared selection if originals were not found
FIX : Chalk objects were sometimes invisible in copied selection

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/92067
How can I see the preview when placing objects? Like, when I move the mouse cursor the object moves too like it used to be before the layout editor update?
Nice updates and all but shouldn't the priority be to get a stable patch out with the new master server connection improvements in case you get another flurry of issues without warning?
That is the priority, yes.

These are the last few days of this test patch.

The full version is coming soon and I'm pleased it is more interesting (at least for some people) than simply a more robust way to connect to the master server and a fix for skin downloading.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6R8 (now R22)
(396 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG