The online racing simulator
Quote from Degats :There may be something funky with filesystem permissions preventing LFS from reading/writing some things properly.

The driver names are just .ply files in LFS/data/misc - you can try checking permissions on the offending file or, failing that, rename it.

Thanks for the help. I tried renaming the file and checking its properties but nothing worked. Removing it and creating a new driver profile with the same settings hasn't given me any more problems though, so it seems to be solved for now. I still don't know how the file got corrupted, but at least it hasn't messed with anything else from what i've noticed.
Quote from Scawen :Hi,

I'd really like to do Arabic at some time. It's just the sort of thing I like to do because I like LFS to be accessible to everyone and I'd be interested in learning how the Arabic alphabet works. But it is much more difficult than you imagine. We are talking weeks of work for me before you guys can start to translate it. Of course languages like Arabic and Hebrew have the difficulty of being right-to-left text (but with occasional left to right Latin text within that) and this means a lot of rewriting of many functions in Live for Speed.

There will be a lot of studying for me to do and a lot of problems to solve. I can't just click my fingers and magically all the code is done.

Now, I hope you will understand, I am in the middle of some extremely important graphical work and need to get the tyre physics finished. This must be done or Live for Speed sales will dry up completely and we will have to go and get another job. There is no doubt at all, this is a higher priority than adding a couple of tricky languages.

Unfortunately I was interrupted by someone taking our servers down two weeks ago, so I had to stop all the work I was doing and make a new patch in this old version of LFS which can resist the attacks. So that attack has slowed my development by maybe three weeks so everything that I will do in future will come a little later than it would have been

Thanks for your answer Scawen

a question
can we lock our favorite setup such as [hard track] or [rally cross] to anyone can not change them ?
Quote from ardalan5090 :

a question
can we lock our favorite setup such as [hard track] or [rally cross] to anyone can not change them ?

dat point

LFS need it, everytime i make something wrong in my setup and i dont remember the stock values from set k

setups need more information eg: Creator/coments and lock edit mode and only a owner/creator can edit, i think is hard for devs, but looks good idea too, maybe posting in sugestions topic right here >

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/2626-Suggested-improvements-log-%5BREAD-before-making-a-new-thread%5D
Scawen i'll just need just 1 more letter for "3h_comfreev". Last word is "προβολή" and the limit spots it at "προβόλ" (for greek translation)
Quote from DarkKostas :Scawen i'll just need just 1 more letter for "3h_comfreev". Last word is "προβολή" and the limit spots it at "προβόλ" (for greek translation)

I've now increased all those "Command is for..." strings to 63 characters.

Thanks! Smile
Quote from MacedoSTI :dat point

LFS need it, everytime i make something wrong in my setup and i dont remember the stock values from set k

setups need more information eg: Creator/coments and lock edit mode and only a owner/creator can edit, i think is hard for devs, but looks good idea too, maybe posting in sugestions topic right here >

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/2626-Suggested-improvements-log-%5BREAD-before-making-a-new-thread%5D

On that note, maybe make it so new setups are created based on a default setup (or [hard track]), rather than the last setup selected, unless you are the creator of that setup. That would be pretty much a foolproof way of blocking setup stealing.
Quote from CozmicDragon :On that note, maybe make it so new setups are created based on a default setup (or [hard track]), rather than the last setup selected, unless you are the creator of that setup. That would be pretty much a foolproof way of blocking setup stealing.

I don't see how it would prevent setup stealing. If you already have the setup selected, that means you already have the setup. Did I Say That?
Please note: Setup protectionism is not a universal trait Wink
Yeah, but it should be quite nice that every guy will go on one stricly picked set, that would be nice for championship and seeing who is really good Tongue locking setup in race should be a lot of fun. Ofc for AN options
This testpatch is only a minor update, mainly to prevent master server take down.

This patch is not to for requests like setup expansion/protection which involves days or weeks of coding -and- testing. With the release of new tyre physics all setups would be useless, it makes sense to focus on the setup system at that point in time, huh.
Setup protection would be useless. You just copy/paste the values into a new setup and voila, you can change whatever you want/share it to somebody else.

But it's going way off-topic to what the thread is really for. It's better to post this on the Improvement Suggestions sub-forum instead. It's there for a reason.

-----------------------------------------------------
Ps: Haven't had a single problem with R patches.
Me neither.. The only problem which I had during the update was the quite long black screen while it was converting stuff in the background. Not sure why this took over a minute or so (maybe because of mobile processor on a single thread) but this is the only problem I guess with this update. Not be able to see whats going on and "assume" something has crashed and close the LFS screen. While it actually was not crashed, just "doing stuff".
Quote from Scawen :I'd be interested to know why you don't want to use the test patch. Any problem with it? Now's the time to report it so we make sure the final version doesn't have any issues.

But yeah it's very easy to revert you simply use the R exe. Usually it's recommended that you save the exe before using a test patch but I don't seem to have written that this time.

EDIT: Added a note about that in the first post.

One of reasons not to get the test patches would be to upload hotlaps i guess.
LFS Lazy Tongue
Quote from FreeScirocco :quite long black screen while it was converting stuff in the background. Not sure why this took over a minute or so (maybe because of mobile processor on a single thread)

I'm also on mobile processor,took less than 10 seconds at my side. Shrug
Anyway - everything works as it used to,no problems encountered.
0.6R12 working perfectly here, Win 7 64bit, no vob mods Thumbs up
Quote from Eclipsed :I'm also on mobile processor,took less than 10 seconds at my side. Shrug

Pff ye well .. I have no idea.. I just realized I have/had custom hires skies, this can be it or I don't know what. The thing is, that black screen doesn't tell much.
-
(RC-Maus) DELETED by RC-Maus
Quote from FreeScirocco :Pff ye well .. I have no idea.. I just realized I have/had custom hires skies, this can be it or I don't know what. The thing is, that black screen doesn't tell much.

Agreed. Some users may not read the release notes. They may Alt+F4 if they see a black screen with no logo or indication that something is happening- and no Alt+Tab ability. Then we can see some 'LFS broken posts' on the forum.
Not sure if this is TestPatch related, but i never have seen this before.

Host is R12 , client is R12 aswell.

Packet from unknown UCID 19:

Could someone explain what this is?

EDIT: Receive the "Unknown UCID" message before someone connects to the server.
Attached images
whut.jpg
I've just upgraded to 0.6R12 to test it out. The first thing I noticed was my fps/time in the top left has disappeared.

If I go into settings and change it to display on the top right instead, it works.
small update about my post above.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1936306#post1936306

I was in the same server. And it took me atleast 1 minute to join the race.
and atleast 10 seconds to spectate.

Once joined , i couldnt see my car. After spectating and trying to join the race it said: Name is already used.

Even the insim with some player packets didnt work anymore.
I guess it has something todo with my post above.

The host is located in Jordan. And my ping is around 170ms stable. This shouldnt be a problem so far.
Could this be a connection/ping issue. Because this is very odd TBH.

EDIT: Have tried UDP/TCP positionpackets , still the same.
EDIT_02: Changing playername took 14 seconds.
Quote from Bass-Driver :small update about my post above.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1936306#post1936306

I was in the same server. And it took me atleast 1 minute to join the race.
and atleast 10 seconds to spectate.

Once joined , i couldnt see my car. After spectating and trying to join the race it said: Name is already used.

Even the insim with some player packets didnt work anymore.
I guess it has something todo with my post above.

The host is located in Jordan. And my ping is around 170ms stable. This shouldnt be a problem so far.
Could this be a connection/ping issue. Because this is very odd TBH.

EDIT: Have tried UDP/TCP positionpackets , still the same.
EDIT_02: Changing playername took 14 seconds.

Indeed it is weird, I am the hoster of the server (hosting for nearly 2 years xD) and this issue only started happening recently. Unsure if it's the master server, dcon or my isp fault.

But who knows Smile we need an answer from the masters themselves xD as this is very odd indeed.
I am not coming up with an answer for that strange server issue. Has it only happened since you installed R12 on the server? If so, is it easy to revert to R and see if it makes a difference?

I'm guessing it has nothing to do with the new version, as I can't think of any related changes in the code. Does the same problem happen to all guests who join? Are there any other DCon instances on the same server computer? I wonder if it could be something to do with the computer time clock, running slow or fast. Can the server computer be restarted?
Well never had this problem before, so its strange that this happend on the R12 TestPatch. Just to be sure that it is a server issue, i visit other servers . It seems they do not have these kind of issues. So i think its a ISP issue or computer issue on the hostside.
I also run dcon R12 haven't heard any issues from nobody.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6R8 (now R22)
(396 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG