The online racing simulator
Why master server is down?
(143 posts, closed, started )
Yup.
Quote from Scawen :Can all of you access www.lfsworld.net - I can't at the moment although Victor can.

Just loaded that website as fast as usually.

Edit: LFSRemote not loading though,just grey screen with question mark in top right corner.
I can access lfsworld
I'm not sure if this was actually broken before, but https://www.lfsforum.net isn't working. I think it was just a redirect anyway, but still.

edit:
lfsworld.net is working for me.
ah, lfsforum.net hasn't been moved to CloudFlare and so all requests go directly to our web server, but you'll be blocked there (no direct requests allowed anymore)
can move that domain as well.
Do you still use it then? Smile
I use lfsforum.net and always have, still works for me though.
Not sure if you meant lfsforum or lfsworld, vic. Please move over lfsforum, as its used daily (atleast for me)
Good news Thumbs up
Quote from Victor :Finally, we have a plan to better protect the master, however it will take a bit of work and a patch for LFS. Hopefully that will come later this week.

So it's better to wait until that patch to be sure that attacks won't happen again? Because I had to postpone the French league's race since no one was able to join the server with these issues.
Quote from Scawen :Can all of you access www.lfsworld.net - I can't at the moment although Victor can.

EDIT : OK thanks for the test, I think it was a DNS propagation issue and my ISP isn't updated yet.

I still can not
Great job on getting things back online. Its refreshing to see so much support for the dev's and also to be standing together without quarrel. what does not kill us, makes us stronger which is evident here
Quote from Kova. :So it's better to wait until that patch to be sure that attacks won't happen again? Because I had to postpone the French league's race since no one was able to join the server with these issues.

If you want to be absolutely sure there will be no hickups, then yes. So far today though, it's been quiet (knocks on wood).
Indeed! Attack on the master has started again.
Quote from Victor :If you want to be absolutely sure there will be no hickups, then yes. So far today though, it's been quiet (knocks on wood).

Ok, thanks for your answer!
C'mon! All master ports already DDos'ed :/
Quote from Victor :ah, lfsforum.net hasn't been moved to CloudFlare and so all requests go directly to our web server, but you'll be blocked there (no direct requests allowed anymore)
can move that domain as well.
Do you still use it then? Smile

Only when I type in the link manually... because it's shorter.
But for the sake of argument, why is it still lfsworld.net and not lfs.net/world? Tongue
Quote from three_jump :But for the sake of argument, why is it still lfsworld.net and not lfs.net/world? Tongue

^ This. It frustrate me so much (I don't know why though Big grin)
It's been such a long time since I played, had a craving for LFS and I've been denied! What to do!
Quote from xtraction :It's been such a long time since I played, had a craving for LFS and I've been denied! What to do!

Don't let the buggers win, hold that feeling for just a little while longer Wink
Is there a way to fill an official protest to the Saudi authority? I mean you can't let them getting away after such a crime right? In this era of oppression where an honest and complying citizen can't do anything without a license or authorization or some sorts, you can't let some users attack your whole enterprise without having them being arrested at some point. If they get away with this, they're just gonna restart later on knowing no sanctions will be applied.

Either way, I wish you the best outcome and a more bullet-proof LFS in the future.
Quote from Skytrill :Is there a way to fill an official protest to the Saudi authority?

Hhm I do not see much options.. Financing Yemen is the shortest way.
Was thinking as there is gonna be new system for connection. Maybe we can get more packets in dcom (as it's now set to 6 max)

I know higher cpu load (don't know for server or client but server has almost no cpu load with dcom (even with multiple servers and 80 guys))

Just wishing more stable connections Smile
This thread is closed

Why master server is down?
(143 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG