The online racing simulator
Why master server is down?
(143 posts, closed, started )
Because obvious, "everyone" wants updates fast, one of several reasons.
Crap...
Hey, you idiots who DDOS LFS servers down, stop it right now. The LFS community doesn't care about your motives, they only want to enjoy the game. But you're making that impossible with continuing DDOS attacks. Stop it and let us play the game we love.
You probably don't even understand how much this hurts the devs, they've been working hard on developing new updates to the game, but now they can't because they're too busy dealing with your attacks.

How can license prices be a problem when LFS is cheaper than many simracing games right now.
and even cheaper country by country depending of lifecost ...Uh-hu
madness ... continue like this guys, what do you expect : being paid to play a videogame Big grin ? time to earn money by yourselves !
Quote from Al-KeN :There was again DDOS attack
because of the stupid racism Admin´s
of Server [ TC City Driving ]
the DDOS attack will continue if they
are not change something ..
just for you all to let you know Wink

[useless assumption] so you attack the entire game and community just because of some people?
I doubt pinpointing multiple locations is all too hard either, if lets say... its coming from several of you guys Frown

Or they could choose the easy way and stop, and handle the issue with TC directly. There are much more reasonable ways to settle disputes rather than bring the game you are playing down. What do they gain? Oh yeah. Can't play either. Smart.

Just stop it lol
I'm pretty sure that Scawen (and Victor!) would have prefered a rather relaxed easter weekend instead of having to deal with this while the rest of us would have enjoyed a few races online against / together with fellow racers.

I would be really interested in knowing the reason for this, but I suspect this is another pis**** contest by "children" who feel that they are entitled to something. Too bad that handling issues by talking, listening and understanding each other is apparently to difficult for some...

If this is about something that happend on a Server with people... seriously?
Go make / run your own Server with blackjack and etc... SERIOUSLY!
It's on those holidays on purpose, i bet. Everything is about stealing players and getting bad reputation of the game. But lfs will live until the developers and community says so!
Quote from nikolai_01 :It's on those holidays on purpose, i bet. Everything is about stealing players and getting bad reputation of the game. But lfs will live until the developers and community says so!

Errr I highly doubt its to do with stealing players..
(edit)
read 2 posts above to get what I mean lol
-
(mosquitohater93) DELETED by mosquitohater93 : off-topic
Can we at least see an example of this "racism"? Are we suffering for a severe case or some SJW bullc**p?
Quote from MicroSpecV :Errr I highly doubt its to do with stealing players..
(edit)
read 2 posts above to get what I mean lol

lmao, read that post, but why the TC guys would get down the game, where they have server and players? thats like making a food for you and throwing it in garbage.... in their fb page, they are going to iRacing too, but they will still have their server on lfs
Quote from justadroover :Can we at least see an example of this "racism"? Are we suffering for a severe case or some SJW bullc**p?

TC has banned players for "Saudi drifting". I believe it's typically the drivers who can't speak English and/or are disrespectful/unresponsive in chat who are banned.

There may be a lower tolerance from some admins towards Arab players drifting--it's common to see drifting on TC go unpunished, except by the "police" through the InSim and money system.
Quote from BIzO :Sorry but wtf? £24 for a complete game that have unlimited lifetime, who also have a unlimited demo version? How's that high?

Lmao, game aint even close to complete
I don`t understand why these guys wanna ruin our stuff? we are just trying to have fun, [TC]Driving have made a Cruising server for us and then these &$#%! ruin it!
Let`s thx TC for making [TC] ServersSmile
Quote from mosquitohater93 :TC has banned players for "Saudi drifting". I believe it's typically the drivers who can't speak English and/or are disrespectful/unresponsive in chat who are banned.

There may be a lower tolerance from some admins towards Arab players drifting--it's common to see drifting on TC go unpunished, except by the "police" through the InSim and money system.

Thing is, (with speculation, of course with everything), if it is indeed derived from the Arab/Saudi highway drift thing - They have to learn. It is not the same as traditional "classic" drifting. It's ridiculously disruptive; the incompetant swaying side to side at speed and basically disrupting the traffic and at certain times, wiping people out.

And then when confronted nicely, their lack of english capability makes it a PITA to converse. And even if they understand, they do it again.

and it doesn't just occur on TC - CLC, even non cruise servers like our Demo GTi, or league practice sessions (Heck, I've seen a person arab drift in a FZR).
If they don't seem to learn (even after non-aggressive means) then sure, I guess bans are the only thing else left. They need to understand that servers have their rules, and that you can always go to one of the multitude of Drift servers or pop open a local LAN to drift with friends.

Then some child has to take it up a notch and ddos the framework and make everyone pissed - and not even they can play the game. Talk about brainfarts, lol.
Keep calm and wait until the DDoS is over.

After all, it costs money to attack.

About the guy ranting about high license price... everyone is free to buy video game, when they feel the price is right, so there's no reason to blame people for not buying LFS with current price - as long, as those people respect the developers right to pick their own price, and don't steal the S1-S3 content and stay only on the free demo.

I'm pretty sure Scawen is aware of demo vs licensed players activity, and if he would ever feel there's massive amount of demo licensees playing actively demo, but refusing to buy a license, he would reconsider the price maybe. That said, we both know I'm riding on the edge of sarcasm here, because that's not how some people operate, they wouldn't last on demo long enough to show their dedication to LFS game.

But if you think LFS is too expensive, you should try iRacing for some time. Smile And save $0.02 toward LFS for every $1 spend on iRacing. I think you will soon buy S3 license. Big grin
It's been a sore spot for a while for both the admins and players.

It's not that all of them cause trouble. A small percentage do. It is possible that the majority of trouble in the server is from players connecting from Saudi Arabia, with Arabic names or speaking Arabic in chat.
Or it could be a syncronised botnet DoS, who knows.

Oh well, we could wait it out until those dipsticks realise they can't play online either, then they'll probably come to whatever senses they have and stop the attack. Lol
Quote from MicroSpecV :Thing is, (with speculation, of course with everything), if it is indeed derived from the Arab/Saudi highway drift thing - They have to learn. It is not the same as traditional "classic" drifting. It's ridiculously disruptive; the incompetant swaying side to side at speed and basically disrupting the traffic and at certain times, wiping people out.

And then when confronted nicely, their lack of english capability makes it a PITA to converse. And even if they understand, they do it again.

and it doesn't just occur on TC - CLC, even non cruise servers like our Demo GTi, or league practice sessions (Heck, I've seen a person arab drift in a FZR).
If they don't seem to learn (even after non-aggressive means) then sure, I guess bans are the only thing else left. They need to understand that servers have their rules, and that you can always go to one of the multitude of Drift servers or pop open a local LAN to drift with friends.

Yeah.
Well, we can wait it out until those cornheads realise they can't actually play anything either, then come to whatever senses they have and cease the attack.

Lol what value does LFS have to warrant a DDoS of this scale Rofl
Hmm, turned out some dude wants Eric, Scawen and Victor to take up the Arabic language, and translate the page themselves to a arab language set. Lol.

Okay. On a serious note. @Mysterious arab dude
Most (or all, in fact) of LFS's languages are self translated by members of the community. Take some time, source a translator and get him to translate the page to Arabic - I'm sure Scawen wouldn't mind adding it to the long list of translated pages.

DDoSsing a game doesn't resolve the issue, does it?

It doesn't even have to be one person. Get a few, and translate the page/game/interface. Community work for a better community.

I doubt Victor will be too happy spending a grand for Arabic language class, so I guess you guys should show what you really are and step up to the plate. Prove your worthiness and translate the page and pass it to the Devs. You'll be surprised by the positive response thereafter. As of now... not so much.

@AL ken dude
If this is a seperate issue with TC, head to TC and speak with them. I'm sure stuff can be worked out, both on your side and TC's side.
Quote from MicroSpecV :Okay. On a serious note. @Mysterious arab dude
Most (or all, in fact) of LFS's languages are self translated by members of the community. Take some time, source a translator and get him to translate the page to Arabic - I'm sure Scawen wouldn't mind adding it to the long list of translated pages.

I've heard before that the reason it hasn't been added yet is to do with complications for right to left text in LFS. I'm not sure on that but i remember seeing something like this, there was definitely another reason than just the translation.
Yeah @adam
This webpage may not support back to front arabic characters, as it will need a new coding (unicode? idk). Might be too old of a interface to integrate Arabic language.

If it's true then.. I guess Arabs can still google translate all of this? If the webpage is unable to have Arab as a language, then imo that's too bad, nothing much can be done... and redoing the entire website is far too risky and tedious.
Right to left is just part of the reason. Other is, that the letter font is not "stable" like English, but the characters compose together, so the whole font rendering code is lot more complex than just copying small bitmaps with single letters to screen (what the current code does I guess, because that's how those things were often done back when LFS was started).

I mean, the whole world of computing did move a lot in past ~20 years to support various non-English languages better, but LFS is still windows OS software, I don't know how the language support in Windows world did improve in the last decade, as I don't use windows any more, but it used to be very obsolete and abysmal, lacking in tools, using different encodings for each locale, etc... I guess it didn't progress much, because I still get at shops receipts with wrong encoding, which is plainly caused by somebody in the chain not using UTF-8 encoding (which is now standard with modern operating systems).

EDIT: so there's considerable amount of effort needed to change the LFS code to support these more complex languages. It may easily take days or weeks of development, especially if the underlying OS and SW dev tools are already obsolete and lacking in support. Would the Scawen rewrite the LFS on modern OS with modern API like Vulcan and modern libraries, adding support for Arabic language would be somewhat easier (still not super easy, probably super easy when you wouldn't mind serious performance implications, but I bet Scawen would like to do it properly and keep high quality and performance even for Arabic players = complex code).

Having the language files ready from community is of course plus, because Scawen can then at least experiment with current code, what is possible, if some limited support with butchered wrong rendering is acceptable, etc...
IMO don't negotiate with terrorists.

Since master server can be relatively easy disrupted, would it be possible to allow join servers directly by ip:port?
This thread is closed

Why master server is down?
(143 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG