The online racing simulator
Best Gaming Tech 2018 and the sim used for demonstrate is... LFS (at 3:00)
Over a Year since the last News so...
What/When comes next?
Quote from Scawen :Thanks but the development isn't stagnant. In fact LFS is undergoing a major graphical overhaul at the moment.

If development was stagnant it's really unlikely it would still be going after 15 years. Most other games have come and gone long before 15 years have passed.

What you mean by stagnant is "not as fast as you would like". So better say that instead. We're working very hard on the updates.

Please can we just stick to the point of the thread?

I love this news but there is a problem Scawen Frown
there are many players if not much of them of LFS that are playing of average computer, for example until my case, game 50-80 fps and if there are those graphs and that there is not that one that could be like LFS is now I will not be able to able to play it.
And I know cases that are worse than me and who reach 50 fps in the minimum Frown

If you have any English errors, I'm sorry, I'm not very good Tongue
Quote from joaopaulopt :there are many players if not much of them of LFS that are playing of average computer, for example until my case, game 50-80 fps and if there are those graphs and that there is not that one that could be like LFS is now I will not be able to able to play it.

Don't worry, I'm sure the devs are doing everything to ensure compatibility and great performance on older systems as well - as optimization has always been a priority. Also, it never hurts to take a step forward in terms of graphics, or anything else. Smile

EDIT: oh and as Scawen said, please stick to the topic, this is a thread for LFS in the news.
Quote from joaopaulopt :I love this news but there is a problem Scawen Frown
there are many players if not much of them of LFS that are playing of average computer, for example until my case, game 50-80 fps and if there are those graphs and that there is not that one that could be like LFS is now I will not be able to able to play it.
And I know cases that are worse than me and who reach 50 fps in the minimum Frown

If you have any English errors, I'm sorry, I'm not very good Tongue

Sooner or later LFS will be updated with better, high res tracks, cars and graphics, so its something you won't be able to avoid.

Luckily Scawen and Eric does optimize the tracks (and graphics/shaders) really well.
Quote from Stölzel :What/When comes next?

read the forum please, this topic is not designed for this type of questions.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Sooner or later LFS will be updated with better, high res tracks, cars and graphics, so its something you won't be able to avoid.

Luckily Scawen and Eric does optimize the tracks (and graphics/shaders) really well.

Yes it is true, an important thing to have in LFS was more varied of classes and clues also correct some things.
For example you would like to see a RB4 in GTR version, to be able to choose, for example, the traction of the cars we want in them (for example, XRT with 4x4 in pits) to be able to pick up a Turbo for example and to use race tires as a GTR and use in the car (as it is done in the tweak but in the LFS itself), to be able to choose tires from the pits that we want to get out of the pits to the track (as in counter mode), duration correction of tire changes in pits and if you go to pits give too much time just to change tires and that makes all the difference in a race)

Another more important thing would be track scratching, in which either competition would be a real difficulty, are many of the issues that make a difference in SimRacing simulator Smile

Well, we can not forget that Rally communities (Rally even non-rallycross) already grow up in the LFS, perhaps more so than race itself.

I at least as big in love with LFS and SimRacing I think this would be important to also have in LFS Smile
Quote from MandulAA :Don't worry, I'm sure the devs are doing everything to ensure compatibility and great performance on older systems as well - as optimization has always been a priority. Also, it never hurts to take a step forward in terms of graphics, or anything else. Smile

EDIT: oh and as Scawen said, please stick to the topic, this is a thread for LFS in the news.

This was really good for all LiveForSpeed players !!!
The less weigh a simulator as the LiveForSpeed is better, because in my openião LFS is a complete simulator and there is no better !!
Just need a little news and something different, for example why not bet on the communities of Rally's? try to renew rest of the clues as happened with blackwood Smile?
Imagine the city circuit as Blackwood circuit, it was real success !!! Big grin
Sigh
Been loyal to lfs since 2007. Even bought a 2nd license to support the devs. But soon 1.5 years since last update just doesnt cut it. One of my favourite sims physics wise, but the lack of content digs the games grave. Rip LFS. It was fun while it lasted.

Ty to scawen and the team for the great times and a great sim. Was a big part of my youth Smile
Cheers, just make sure you're signed up to the newsletter because we are working on such a massive update as discussed on other threads. Obviously we'll send an email when it's ready. Smile
If this is the case il withdraw my rip and change it in to a thank you very much Smile
Quote from Scawen :Cheers, just make sure you're signed up to the newsletter because we are working on such a massive update as discussed on other threads. Obviously we'll send an email when it's ready. Smile

I like the term : "such a massive update" Petals Cool

LFS

back refreshing the mailbox
Oh you tease!!! Even such small things like this are nice to read, Scawen!
Quote from Sobis :Oh you tease!!! Even such small things like this are nice to read, Scawen!

I told you

EDIT: Big grin Tongue ( lolz )

EDIT2: Sorry about Off Topic, was not rly purpose but could not resist that, especially when had discussion about LFS in generally, BY ME AND THE Flick ( Bombs not loaded )
Quote from Flotch :back refreshing the mailbox

I am still working on graphics code (mainly optimisations at the moment) and need to get onto the tyre physics code and then the packet encryption. Eric still has more tracks to update. So it's still quite some time yet.
Are there any previews available yet? Like pics of the new updated tracks, and graphics improvements.
I don't expect we will do that until nearer the time when we have some idea of when it will be ready. Otherwise we will be heavily attacked for hype and it will not be fun at all. I know that most people don't do this but some do and then there is bad feeling and it all gets ugly and demoralising. At the moment we are working very hard and that is the main thing.

EDIT: If you'd like to imagine what it looks like, it's the same LFS but with better lighting, shadows and nice subtle shine effects and updated textures on the roads and many other surfaces. Eric can now add specular effects and he is making good use of that.
oke fair enough Smile, keep up the good work Scawen and the rest of the team. Thumbs up
Sounds good can't wait Smile
Still we are only Talking about graphix / physix. I want know statemnet for other heavy important point - hud and maintanace options to managing races, improvments on cameras to make more interesting broadcasting and live. And is there in mind mods aviable? Or only New grapx and psyx, track be only on update?
Quote from Bila_KHS :

Even worse my friend. Only new grapx comes. And still no orange font color! The Dutch Dev thinks he own this color or something?!

Please Scawen, keep eagerness for LFS until bike-ride season will take a part of it - hotter and hotter every day Wink
Big grin indeed ! New physics, new graphics and new contents ... I would not say "only" Tongue
Interesting how 1 Scawen's post changed this thread from "LFS in the news" to "Ask Scawen stuff"... Uhmm
Spin-off thread maybe?
I find it rather funny that the person who wants not to hype up things is teasing / hyping future development. Big grin

On the other side, given the years it's been in the making and the new found optimism, it might just be that all is finally coming together in some rather big release.

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG