The online racing simulator
How to make a drag setup?
(16 posts, started )

Excuse my bad English!I made this video to help people who want to make a drag setup. If you have any criticisms please tell me to fix it the next time. Smile

Drag set for the track BL1 - https://www.lfs.net/files/setups/35359/XFG-BL1-DragKiller
Хубаво е да срещнеш някой от твоята държава да прави туториали ::Д
Very nice video...thanks a lot.
Hello,
my 2c (I admit I did several tests to validate my points, but I am not an expert in Drag racing) :
* tires : putting the highest pressure on the front is good. I tend to have better result with the lowest pressure at the back, and not 1.7bar as you use. Using camber at 0° at the back is good, as it offers more contact for the driving wheels, but at the front it is not good to use 0° : you do not need grip there => prefer maximum negative camber available
* ride height : put the maximum ride height at the front => there is no penalty in the top end speed (I think...) and it will give more weight to the back (what you want on a RWD to start quickly). Having a high ride height at the back seems a bit better for grip than too low ... I tend to have good results with seeting it at the maximum
* rebound : use the lowest value for the front, not the maximum one => as for the ride height, it will help to transfer the weight to the back, giving more grip when starting
* damping : at the back, you may have some better results while not using the maximum value, it tends to limit a bit the traction, but anyway there is less to earn on this setting than the others I mention

For those who have some skills in drag racing, do not hesitate to test and provide your feedback on those points Wink , I find this interesting. That is bad we do not have a hotlap chart on this, but maybe having the physics at 1kHz is needed to have the ms taken into account in aim to differentiate the experts in gear change Big grin
@Flotch I agree with everything. But my opinion is that when we put a negative camber it does not help. I've tried alot but I can not improve my time. Big grin
It is possible indeed ... maybe the high pressure used make already the contact surface quite low Wink
I forgot one important thing : put knobbly tires in the front Thumbs up
@Flotch Can you give me your version of the drag setup? I have a desire to test it.
Here is yours modified.
I have put max positive camber at the front, the car was a bit nervous with max negative camber Big grin
Attached files
RAC_TestDragFlo.set - 132 B - 1010 views
@Flotch good job!
tell us what kind of time you get Big grin
With the drag, the team setup gives me 0:11.73. With the other setting you have changed i give 0:11:74. Congratulations Big grin
about the camber on the back, i get what you mean by 0 degrees. But... When you get on the gas, the weight transfers to the back, creating more negative camber, so giving the rear some positive camber, will cancel out the negative camber from the weight transfer, giving you a camber more closer to 0 maximizing tire contact/grip
indeed, I was trying to figure out what to use for the first meters by checking with the force/suspension view, but ... it was madness to understand what to use as values are changing frenzy ^^
thanks to all for the answers yes I have the pedals but I do not see the accelerator line! in a few hours I'm going to see! in which area should I set the pedals in control options?

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG