The online racing simulator
Formula V 1969
(8 posts, started )
Formula V 1969
Over Christmas, my dad found a box full of slides that haven't seen the light of day since he came to live in New Zealand almost 50 years ago. A few of the smaller cases packed in the box contained photographs of some of his racing exploits from Australia and New Zealand in the 1960s. Every slide came with a story, and we spent most of a night going through just a couple of cases.

I'm going to be giving him my transparency scanner so that he can digitize his collection properly, but in the meantime, I took a few shots with my phone as we went through them. They're a bit soft, the projector should have had a really good dusting beforehand, and the dining-room blinds weren't an optimal screen, but one day soon we'll rectify all of these small problems.

The 34 car is my dad, the number 20 car it's next to in one of the photos is his mate, Des. They drove together as Team Fair Deal Motors for a number of years.

Until we get some high-res pictures organised, I hope you all enjoy looking through this small sample of motor-racing nostalgia.

Attached images
Formula-V-1969.jpg
awesome pics, thanks for sharing!
excellent Smile Beautiful cars there !!!
Thumbs up
I like to see captures of those old tracks : looks like an old road without borders Big grin
#4 - heson
Nice!

I recommend you all to watch a top tier Formula Vee race, they are still going but spares are probably quite expensive and not within the original spirit of the sport.
I try to obtain a download of the SCCA Runoffs (like a US nationa olympics of amateur motorsports) formula Vee races as they are usually very entertaining with leader on the last lap cursing his (or her) bad strategy as he know he will be slip streamed on the back straight and might lose the podium.
#5 - MR_B
Wow these pictures are fantastic, I love slides they're like little framed windows into the past. When you hold them up to the light and the colour shines through so clearly.
Tell your Dad that the car is beautiful, did you scan many more in?
Quote from MR_B :Wow these pictures are fantastic, I love slides they're like little framed windows into the past. When you hold them up to the light and the colour shines through so clearly.
Tell your Dad that the car is beautiful, did you scan many more in?

I'm planning to take my hi-res scanner around to his house to do them properly - these were just phone-camera'd off the kitchen window-blind while we were looking through them, which explains the angular distortion. There's quite a few more to come Smile
Nice|
awesome photo's. A great piece of history. Respect to your dad

Formula V 1969
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG