The online racing simulator
You gotta love Demo servers
(51 posts, started )
Quote from RC-Maus :Ye Simon I know endless battle .... but that's only some. I just wonder how they become like this. I don't think they join a game with bad intensions.

They "get off" on that stuff
Well, I seldom have battles like this anymore...

Quote from MicroSpecV :I usually give 1 or 2 warnings before issuing a ban or kick. Or sooner/instant if the person is crashing or hacking.

I agree that insta ban without reason will not solve anything, but instead encourage the behaviour (unless it's a rammer with purpose, then he deserves it),. But some form of pre-ban warning should be the norm before any admin action takes place.

Sometimes you have to be on your toes for insta bans for obvious deliberate ramming or crap behaviour though, as the purpose of modding the server is to maintain a fair racing environment with no hiccups.
No admin wants to wait until something happens to innocent drivers, before taking late action.

The amount of time given would depend on what they had done im sure!, do not take this the wrong way but there is an ignorance with peoples post, First of all i had said that <<<< important >>>> the 999 day ban will stay until they decide to or get seen by myself or simon and when we would be satisfied that they would not ban anyone for nothing it could then be removed <<<< important >>>> . I will put the fair regular racers rights before anyone that makes a new account then decides to ban all

now sorry for this next bit of ignorance but in all honesty we have run servers just as long as some of you have raced with the exception of rc-maus and we are still going fine. This is even a first for us to even get into a discussion regarding the running of our servers,but i respect all here you all have shown respect and are good racers

@NOVA you would have and should see some of the current good battles with gemini and his very low 11s( and dido_bmw has made a return

@ rc-maus Many will start to play lfs and become frustrated quickly or just wont take multiplayer gaming as serious so they just do this sort of thing. You would understand more than most that the way we have to deal with the demo servers has to be more monitored and dealt a little different than if it was our licensed servers

respect is given where respect was due and they shown none for those they banned
i would like to say i am impressed with this topic staying a friendly topic. All too often the trolls are in by now so the forum mods are doing an excellent job (Thanks) or the trolls are busy Big grin

hopefully not jinxed it
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :agree on that one. its a new thing to see this topic being discussed in a friendly way +1

come to think of it.when i was demo racing back in...uhm...jeez...2004(ish) this also happened back then. infact i think it always was a part of LFS in one way or another really.
but isnt it somehow also what demo servers are there for. for people to learn. not only driving but also different servers has different rules etc..

im not a fan either of 999 bans because i dont think it helps on most people. ofc in some cases (mostly extreme) a 999 would be in order. i think its important for admins and limads to also check out the account they are about to ban. in some cases this could give you a hint towards if its a newcomer or a oldie with a new account name. i think Bishop checked this one out pretty good looking at time of making account and looking at lap times. i think thats good adminning (if thats a word) Smile

as can be seen while on our servers if someone arouses my suspicion i do first an I.P check to see if matches another account and even though an I.P can be changed its only one thing to look at, driving styles and even the way someone chats helps build a profile of someone

999 day bans are only given as permanent when they have used cheats/hacks or will be given to confirmed second accounts of those already banned and can be place as a temp measure if we feel that we would need to speak to them and can be removed if we are satisfied they are no longer an issue

As server owners and team members we will do all we need to do to protect the other fair racers, from experience the majority of new accounts that cause these problems are those already banned and not new racers
You can read here in the forums peoples idea of what demo servers are like (crashfest ect) well we do our best to make sure this is not the case

i cant remember exactly how to do this but if you log into lfsworld you can find how many racers you meet over the month and how many times, LFS is a lot quieter than in the past but its far from dead Smile

EDIT - Its encounters in lfsw, over the past 30 days it says 710 different racers who i have had more than one race with, the previous months had been around 1000
@Bishtop

Yup. Battles still happen now. Had an awesome ding dong with Kode earlier Smile
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i must say that i meant this for all LFS. but i do see MRc and AA / AMG still going strong after many years in LFS. so my thought is you guys must do something right. and yes i too have driven behind people to check out their driving. "sometimes helping them a little too" . but at times someone racing fast on new accounts try to make it look as if they got no clue to driving. mostly it will show in their driving sooner or later. and yes. i think people dont think much high thoughts about the demo servers. but they are actually good and its great they are present in LFS. i learned about LFS from demo. then started to drive with other regulars and someone said i should buy s1 or s2. so i did(this account) much much later as i too wasnt sure what to expect back then. but i never regret since that i bought LFS. (look my mileage). i think my fav demo back then was AA. i still feel that is a little bit more soothing for me (maybe because it was there i began) as i feel some sort of relations to that server . i have that too with MRc and AMG. i just didnt drive as much on those as on AA.and i still visit them even more than 10 years after !

EDIT: now i saw your edit.

i think thats in lfs racers menu ? i didnt visit lfsw for some time so cant remember exactly either , lol.
(and we were supposed to know this Big grin )

Great people at AA and if i remember correctly i think the MRc founder Samix had started out at AA then MRc formed early 2010. There may have been some feeling of rivalry in the past between some members of both teams which aslong as stayed healthy was fine, total respect for AA

@ MicrospecV yeah kode is very fast, wait until you race with mrc Gemini95 and there 1.11.30s, and currently has the world record
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :now im never gonna visit Big grin lool. i cant keep up with WR´s Big grin

i will be there all chuffed thinking i am fast then gemini + kode + dido_bmw make me feel so slow Big grin frustration is not strong enough a word Big grin

i like to have at least someone so fast as then i can try and match my pace more to theres
If any member of the bigger teams B2R, AA, AMG and the like use the MRc servers and are not already admin for us. Please contact Bish or myself we will see what we can do.

I think having cross team admin helps alot I have already added most of the B2R GTI drivers to admin at MRc and a few AA members a few months back.
Quote from simon1234 :If any member of the bigger teams B2R, AA, AMG and the like use the MRc servers and are not already admin for us. Please contact Bish or myself we will see what we can do.

I think having cross team admin helps alot I have already added most of the B2R GTI drivers to admin at MRc and a few AA members a few months back.

totally agree with you, either let us know on the server or pop into our forum and send a pm
Quote from simon1234 :If any member of the bigger teams B2R, AA, AMG and the like use the MRc servers and are not already admin for us. Please contact Bish or myself we will see what we can do.

Haha I don't care if they in a team I make most safe and fair guys admin as long as there no problems Thumbs up
Same I just did not want every Tom Dick or Harry pestering us for admin LOL.
Just keep eyes open there plenty off good guys Wink

Just not Always good admins
Quote from bishtop :@ MicrospecV yeah kode is very fast, wait until you race with mrc Gemini95 and there 1.11.30s, and currently has the world record

Have raced with Gemini before,a few times. He's a step higher than me, I must admit. Pretty tough keeping pace, most of the time defending as hard as I can Rofl He does mid 1:11s easily whike I struggle to do high 11s Frown
Quote from RC-Maus :Just keep eyes open there plenty off good guys Wink

Just not Always good admins

Being a good guy is a start, some may just need guidance then if that fails they lose the chance , also we try to monitor things as much as possible at first in case of errors ect

thanks RC-Maus for your opinions on matters throughout this topic, rare to have discussions like this without mixed messages or trolls making things go off topic Smile
Quote from MicroSpecV :Have raced with Gemini before,a few times. He's a step higher than me, I must admit. Pretty tough keeping pace, most of the time defending as hard as I can Rofl He does mid 1:11s easily whike I struggle to do high 11s Frown

he does low 11s easily now and holds the current WR which i think is 1.11.20or 30, with slipstream he will have 1.10s
Normally if two people start arguing I issue a final warning for both and kick them both. Usually ceases the arguing lol
in any incident that involves a racer that is new i will always check for duplicate accounts of someone banned and a lot of the time i will check experienced racers sometimes which had previously uncovered some racers coming back with a new account to cause mayhem

Any decision regarding bans ect is never an easy decision nor is one just based on the actual incident, i will look at previous times they had raced especially when no MRc members had been present and also there general attitude, building a profile i guess and its normal for me to spend an hour or more going through log files and replays to help this

it does at times take me away from actually racing a lot but that is something that i am willing to do so i come to the right conclusion

i have just been diagnosed with an extensor tendonitis which could stop me from at least using my wheel to race as using the pedals irritates it like crazy. So i might have to go back to using a gamepad for while
Quote from MicroSpecV :Normally if two people start arguing I issue a final warning for both and kick them both. Usually ceases the arguing lol

I do useally the same (but then it was late think after 2am server almost empty + to much beer for me + one a good regular who couldn't beat the wizard in words and totally lost control of himself)

And I think both normally okay Wink
Would be nice to have a feature wich tells banned user the reason for banning and the lenght of the ban (would happen when he tries to connect server where is ban).
Quote from lucaf :Would be nice to have a feature wich tells banned user the reason for banning and the lenght of the ban (would happen when he tries to connect server where is ban).

you can if using airio but can confuse some newer limads. Most know what they done wrong just before they are banned, but is useful for future reference
Quote from lucaf :Would be nice to have a feature wich tells banned user the reason for banning and the lenght of the ban (would happen when he tries to connect server where is ban).

Airio tells user the lenght of a ban everytime he tries to connect.
And for admins there is an option to tell reason, so other admins know reason. Just a pitty it's not always used.

If this thread doesnt exist I should've put reason.
@Bish Hope you recover soon to use wheel again Smile

@Lucaf Airio does have the capability for that like Maus and Bish have said. Just that its only "optional reason" thus some won't (or don"t know how to) oput a reason
Quote from RC-Maus :Airio tells user the lenght of a ban everytime he tries to connect.
And for admins there is an option to tell reason, so other admins know reason. Just a pitty it's not always used.

Good that you protected the names.....that rc-maus guy sure gets banned a lot.

You gotta love Demo servers
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG