The online racing simulator
D-SiS: Bowl of Death and Nardo
(15 posts, started )
You like banked turns? Banking can't be high enough?

Some say D-SiS only made this for an unknown master. And that he might have spent way too much time on this thing. All we know is, it's the evil cousin of the lovely mini-oval.

• almost maxing out the 2100 object limit
  • manually created half of the bowl
  • mirrored that half with a custom Python script
  • needs a slower car with lots of ride height (UF1 comes to mind)
  • are you ready to fly?
As usual, beta version, and I haven't even driven there with wheel.

Edit: added layout file
Attached files
WE3_bowlofdeath-v1.lyt - 16.4 KB - 536 views
#2 - lucaf
wow that looks like an UFO has landed on LFS world Big grin
15-20 fps, impressive =D
LOL?

I am making a mutated ring! ( Yes, it is non-symmetrical for purpose )

EDIT: Gotta try that out!

EDIT2: Tested it, it is nice, not too jumpy, pretty unique due how it's done! 4/5! Fancy!

EDIT3: About my layout on the pic, I deleted it, it is simply too small and impossible to make it smooth.
Attached images
lfs_00000012.jpg
Wow, we sort of had the same idea Na-na thanks for the praise!

Yours looks really neat though. Reducing it to two slabs per angle (instead of the 16 I used for the bowl) seems to allow for a smoother ride, but I'm really confused concerning how you enter this thing xD.
Quote from versis :Wow, we sort of had the same idea Na-na thanks for the praise!

Yours looks really neat though. Reducing it to two slabs per angle (instead of the 16 I used for the bowl) seems to allow for a smoother ride, but I'm really confused concerning how you enter this thing xD.

None... turns out, it is way too tight and kills suspension no matter what car Big grin
Nardo
Anyway, I was wondering how you achieved that massive banking and finally noticed the angle setting for slabs Big grin so I got started with my little python script again... Schwitz

The result? A fairly smooth high speed track, let's call it... Nardo Omg omg omg:

• works well with FZ5, XFR, RAC etc.
  • almost works with FZR (ruins suspension after 20 laps)
  • does not work for BF1 (not even one lap)
  • beta, no timing yet
  • I have experimented with adding a "top slab" to reduce the risk of what happens at the end of the video Ya right:, works well, might add it to the layout later
Attached files
FE2X_nardo-v1.lyt - 11.5 KB - 484 views
Quote from versis :Anyway, I was wondering how you achieved that massive banking and finally noticed the angle setting for slabs Big grin so I got started with my little python script again... Schwitz

The result? A fairly smooth high speed track, let's call it... Nardo Omg omg omg:

• works well with FZ5, XFR, RAC etc.
  • almost works with FZR (ruins suspension after 20 laps)
  • does not work for BF1 (not even one lap)
  • beta, no timing yet
  • I have experimented with adding a "top slab" to reduce the risk of what happens at the end of the video Ya right:, works well, might add it to the layout later

oohhh... you got... interested in that part?

I have mine here, hand-made. In case you got interested in detailed view of my version: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1926048#post1926048

Anyway, I am looking forward of it. Any chance to make a bit different? Unless you have a plan even more fresh idea!

EDIT: Problem about suspension damage: it is too rough. Making it smoother by 1.4 degree turning helps out quite well!
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I have mine here, hand-made. In case you got interested in detailed view of my version: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1926048#post1926048

Anyway, I am looking forward of it. Any chance to make a bit different? Unless you have a plan even more fresh idea!

Wow, FZ5 is even faster in yours, if only by 1-2 km/h. Scary thing Looking

What differences do you have in mind? Just go ahead if you want to modify it Smile
I would love to see that bowl sitting just as a monument in big events on ordinal tracks. It would be just spectacular
Quote from versis :Wow, FZ5 is even faster in yours, if only by 1-2 km/h. Scary thing Looking

What differences do you have in mind? Just go ahead if you want to modify it Smile

Hmmm... Actually, I have no idea heh... maybe if making it rather speedway than just Circle, but then again, it requires more objects.
I was actually trying to do an oval shape, but simply stretching by a factor did not work since the tangent of the slabs did not correspond anymore. If I find the time I'll improve the script so it generates a proper ellipse.

Speedway in the sense of e.g. Bristol is likely more complicated to compute with a script:

ehm... I already started, FE Oval
lol, this looks odd Smile certainly would make for close races, but rather short than long races, otherwise scenery would get boring ;-)
Quote from versis :lol, this looks odd Smile certainly would make for close races, but rather short than long races, otherwise scenery would get boring ;-)

Do not judge THAT fast yet Tongue

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG