The online racing simulator
Round 1 info
All-wheel-drive Winter Series 2018
Round 1

Sunday,7th January
19:00 UTC / 20:00 CET / 21:00 EET

Just like last year,the new season of AWS starts in South City with NewYear City Challenge. This round has been in AWS schedule every year so far and this is the 2nd time it's run with RB4. This year the race will be held in sort of easiest configuration,but it still has the narrow chicane in it,meaning that one lapse of concentration in the specific track section will end with plenty of damages on the car. Tyre issues? For experienced RB4 drivers these are no news - front right tyre might be screaming for cool air if you're not careful with it!

From last year's top 6 championship drivers only the champion has not signed up,meaning the competition will be similar as last year with few series rookies mixing in it. Last year's round winner finished 2nd in standings - a good proof that if you wanna be on top,best time to start is right away!

Round info:
Track: South City Chicane Route Rev. (SO6R)
Laps: 33 (96km)
Car: RB4
Previous winners : LLM.V Laguckas (2017 / FXR) A.Valta (2016 / RB4), CoRe A.Laipnieks (2015 / FXR), 22 S.Jurvansuu (2014 / FXR), CoRe V.Pitkänen (2013 / FXR), spdoFade (2012 / FXR)

Server info and password will be PM'ed during saturday (european time) to all entrants,until then server remains publically accessible:
AWD Winter Series
Attached images
NewYear City Challenge.png
LFSW name: rob2003
In-game name: In[GAME]
Full team name: [GAME] Racing
Nation: Germany
Hmm, the field might not be as empty as it looked at first! Tongue Bring on Sunday.
LFSW name:lefteris4
In-game name:Lefteris4
Full team name:-
Nation:greece
Server is now passworded and password has been sent to all entrants via PM.

If someone hasn't received it due some mistake,please give a notification!

New entries will receive PM eventually at some point during weekend.
LFSW name: michal 1279
In-game name: [MRc] Michal
Full team name: MAster Race car
Nation: Czech Republic

Not sure if I'm able to attend most of the rounds though...
LFSW name: Holle
In-game name: Holle
Full team name: -
Nation: Germany
Round 1 unofficial results
Qualifying:

Race:

MPR download

If you want to make a protest,please include all neccesary information.
Template:
Quote :Session:
Lap/MPR time:
Involved drivers:
Description of incident:

Deadline for protests - monday,20:00 UTC
Attached images
q.png
r.png
That was some good stuff, thanks to 9397, who kept me on the alert, while i managed 70+ temperatures on the right front.
I could have made top4 baltics in the given situation,but unfortunately damaged my car already in lap 2,causing about 1s per lap lost time... Practice is overrated,concentration not.
After watched replay, and the mess Nicolander caused in first corners, I say my opinion that he hasn't enough experience to join such races.

I'm also very confused about motivation of Lefteris4 - he joins the event late, starts from pits, does couple on laps, and then leaves his car in the wall. Seeing that car in the wall every lap was distracting - I was thinking every lap when that guy take that car and makes something silly with it.

Quote from Kid222 :That was some good stuff, thanks to 9397, who kept me on the alert, while i managed 70+ temperatures on the right front.

Yes Kid, that was quite a challenge to chase you, I pushed more and more every lap, but you did also Big grin
Very annoyed with my ISP that's having issues. Watched some through lfsremote though, seemed good!

#newispthings
Quote from lucaf :After watched replay, and the mess Nicolander caused in first corners, I say my opinion that he hasn't enough experience to join such races.

I'm also very confused about motivation of Lefteris4 - he joins the event late, starts from pits, does couple on laps, and then leaves his car in the wall. Seeing that car in the wall every lap was distracting - I was thinking every lap when that guy take that car and makes something silly with it.

I agree on both - first turn i got smashed into by Nicolander, who casually proceeds to the space where i am at that moment. I would advise to practice more in online (or offline, given the state of online racing) and watch around for other cars.

As for Lefteris, that was just weird.

attached lfs director cam-file modified by me
#camfile SO6R
Attached files
SO6R.rar - 361 B - 309 views
LFSW name: Sobis
In-game name: LLM.Sobis
Full team name: Last Lap Motorsports
Nation: Lithuania
LFSW name: ifastlt
In-game name: LLM.Metalas
Full team name: Last Lap Motorsports
Round 2 official results

All-wheel-drive Winter Series spreadsheets

(browse for various championships and single round results)

SO•§outh, - receives 10 seconds penalty added to his finish time for pitlane exit line violation.
EmKa #13 - receives 20 seconds penalty added to his finish time for pitlane exit line violation on 2 occasions.
Nicholander - receives 70 seconds penalty added to his finish time for pitlane exit line violation on 7 occasions.
Nicholander - receives 30 seconds penalty added to his finish time for causing 2 avoidable incidents during 1st lap. Multiple repeated offences will lead to disqualification.
Lefteris4 - receives a warning for joining the race without qualifying. Also repeated leaving the car on track will lead to other sanctions!

- - - - - - -

The first round of of the new season was held practically under the yellow,green and red flag of Lithuania - 3 drivers of this country practically dominated both qualifying and race. At the end Fast was the best of them,as he managed to make the important pass in lap 22 to retake the early lost lead,which he was able to defend until finish line,Fast picked up also both bonus points for fastest laps in both sessions. V.Laguckas spent the most race distance in 3rd place,but used a situation in last lap to upgrade his position,finishing 2nd. Dzidoris slipped by the polesitter in turn 2 and led the race for 21 laps until polesitter finally found the way to pass him. Dzidoris didn't gave up and tried to retake the lead,in final lap he tried so hard that he lost also 2nd place in process - was he too greedy or was it just a fluke,it's up to him to analyse.

After round 1 overall standings are of course the same as the race results - Fast leads the lithuanian trio with 4 points gap to V.Laguckas and 6 points gap to Dzidoris. Fast also has lead in Rookie of the Year standings - with 7 points gap to Skattle.

With only 2 teams having more than 1 driver attending,Teams Championship is led by both these teams - Born 2 Race is on top with 11 points gap over defending champions MTDZX with LLM in 3rd another 3 points back. When looking at newest signups,it seems like LLM is getting some reinforcements - let's see if the situation will change with their help. With 3 lithuanians filling the podium there are no doubts which country is leading the Nations Cup standings,as they scored all 30 possible points. Finland trails by 14 points while Chile became the 1st southern hamisphere country to be in top3 of AWS Nations Cup standings.

A total of 18 drivers joined 1st round of 2018 AWS,the number probably will drop in next round as some do not like it - slick tyres on unpaved surface is not really a proper combination,but years of AWS has proved that it is very drivable when using an all wheel drive car! The AWS "classic" round Blackwood Rallycross Grand Prix is next in AWS menu,with some preperation everyone should find a way to keep control over the car in the slippery conditions while keeping the tyres cool-ish in grippy conditions.
Attached images
AWSpodium.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
Wow, i was wondering about the South's pitlane exit, for like one second, before i had to focus on defending and taking T1 again. So that's that it guess.
in server SO6R is loaded instead of BL3R
This is due servers restarting themselves for unknown reason,shame on provider...
Updated config of server,now the combo should stay even after restart.
LFSW name: Justas.S
In-game name: Justas.S
Full team name:
#47 - jkat
LFSW name: jkat
In-game name: [WCL]J.A.Katila
Full team name: World Class Lions
Nation: Finland

Sadly was not able to participate for the 1st race, hence signing only now Shrug
Could anyone share set for this madness? Couldn't find anything anywhere.
Round 2 info
All-wheel-drive Winter Series 2018
Round 2

Sunday,21st January
19:00 UTC / 20:00 CET / 21:00 EET

Round info:
Track: Blackwood Rallycross Rev. (BL3R)
Laps: 41 (75km)
Car: FXR
Previous winners : nsys|MareX (2017), CoRe A.Laipnieks (2015), 22 S.Jurvansuu (2014), CoRe T.Lähteenmäki (2013), spdoreno (2012)

Server info and password will be PM'ed during saturday (european time) to all entrants,until then server remains publically accessible:
AWD Winter Series
Attached images
Blackwood RXGP.png
Welp, this is either going to be complete death OR some nice angles. Or both, I'll go for both
This thread is closed

All-Wheel-Drive Winter Series 2018 - information and sign-ups
(103 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG