The online racing simulator
Dj Equipment.
(10 posts, started )
Dj Equipment.
I've been mucking about with Dj Studio 5 for the past year and a half and i finally broke down to get some real equipment for leisure use. It took me about 2 weeks to come to a decision, but i chose Stanton SCS.4DJ because its pretty simple to start off with and i don't have a laptop currently. Plus since i've been using the app for so long, i've grown accustomed to using waveforms to beatmatch and cue up/loop tracks. After i get used to it or feel as if i need to upgrade myself and get a laptop. i'll get the Pioneer DDJ-SX or Numark NS6

Am i going in the right direction or anyone else have better suggestions.
Being someone who's in and around various setups regularly as an MC id have to say that the DDJ wins hands down, pioneer gear really is the best in the business, and is as you probably know industry standard, maybe not DDJs per se, most clubs have CDJ 1000's at least, if not 2000's, and if you're intending on getting into this to the point of maybe playing out some time then going with pioneer would be sensible, as you'll be confident on equipment which will be essentially the same when you arrive at a venue. Theres nothing worse than learning to a decent standard on something then going to play out and its all different. For me, plugging into anything other than a DDJ all in one or a DJM series mixer causes me problems, mainly because i know where the mic gain and bass/treble controls are from below, backwards and in bad light, anything else and im having to ask a busy DJ to sort the mic out from the stage in the early moments of a set because i cant find any of the bloody controls to do it myself
Awesome i was hoping you would poke your head in here as i know for sure of your clubbing experience, i nearly cancelled my order for the DDJ, but i was flipping through dj for dummies last night and im pretty intimidated by it. That's a ****ton of knobs compared to what im used too
Quote :i would suggest you use pioneer equipment. (if not already) mixer and players. these can be connected for autoplay and other things. you can also get recordbox for the 2000´s.

As a person initially interested in DJing, does it make sense to first buy a controller to get used to all the bells and whistles of a typical DJ setup without having to blow big money on a (sometimes very expensive) 2 deck + mixer combo?

(All this might seem a bit noobish, but feel free to correct me)
Quote from rosewood2 :As a person initially interested in DJing, does it make sense to first buy a controller to get used to all the bells and whistles of a typical DJ setup without having to blow big money on a (sometimes very expensive) 2 deck + mixer combo?

(All this might seem a bit noobish, but feel free to correct me)

I thought I'd help you out as I had a very big interest in mixing and dj'ing.

A friend of mine had this Numark Mixtrack conntroller which was fantastic and quite easy to use!
It comes with a computer program as well and is well explained, really affordable too at around €200.
I'm sure you can find something a lot cheaper 2nd hand.

Link : https://www.numark.com/product/mixtrack
#6 - Abone
Quote :bumping this. with this :
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer ... ds=pioneer+nexus+2000+cdj

Your answer come after 4 years XD
I respect new type of "Djing" with CDs etc.. but as never a real Djing for me... so much buttons why? people are lazy to increase their DJ skills?what you feel with that (micro-turntable with crossfader)? you can love it?I use SL2 because i dont have space in my room to have so much vinyl ( i have vinyl and love ).around 2012 i buy Vestax PMC-05Pro3(last mixers), two turntables Techincs 1210 mkII with bad looking, working great and 2 months ago I bought new tone-arms by personal preference,old ones still working well.
Now this is more expenssive than when i buy?yes, but Durability and feeling is awesome, i think i die before my DJ Setup. i have "war machines" in my table. Tongue
btw,i re-paint Turntables with spray before install tonearms ,nothing professional.

my costs:
SL2 - around 390euros new
Vestax 05proIII - 300euros new
2x Technics 1210 mkII - 500euros used
2x Tonearms - 204euros new.
Attached images
20171115_162911.jpg
20171123_042653_LLS.jpg
20171123_215717.jpg
Well, CDJs and Serato are pretty much the same thing, when it comes to 'realness' of djing imo Tongue

Nice setup! wish i could find a pair of Techs for €500, you can get 1 mk2 for that if you're lucky nowadays

btw, my first setup included a Numark M2 mixer (50/50 with a friend) It's survived longer than i thought - still going after 4+ years, but the slopes on Eqs and Faders are horrible Smile
#8 - Abone
Now in my country some people selling one turntable for 800€. Big grin
Your mixer is cheaper than my Vestax at the time,really worth it for the price/durability specially if you upgrade with innofader. maybe you sacrificing too much internal amp(some people kill vestax in that way also), i always use output volume in max ,to manage input volumes without using high db when im mixing at home, for extend durability.im really happy with vestax crossfader,i have to adjust little gap he have (with a little cardboard) and he do a fast and clean cuts.Is a bit heavy than others, but when i scratching i can "force" to gain more speed without problems ,without broken like Penny&Giles crossfader i buy before.he broken after 3 month and he have a little gap also.
My Eqs are to limited and have to be careful when plug in/out rca cables,some gold plates can fall off with time(my still new),for the price i cant cry and issues are fixable Smile
oh, I don't use it anymore, I'm using an Ecler Nuo 4.0 now.
Never heard about wearing out the internal components, not sure if such thing is possible unless you're running the channels REALLY hot?

I'm happy with the mixer btw, don't scratch, but it has Eternal crossfader which i think is supposed to be good?
Ecler made really nice products, you have a nice one,with nice crossfader for scratch also. Wink
Thats why im using output volume in max,for dont running input channels really hot. Tongue

Dj Equipment.
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG