The online racing simulator
Quote from Senninha25 :yup. Well, it actually had no "views" folder, it had 5 "views_cam" folders instead.

That's what I thought. Rename one of them as "views" and that should do it.
hmm...I tried and got no error message after launching LFS, but after I try to change cameras, it shows up again, and the same problem persists. Even worse, it renamed the views folder back to "views_cam1" :/
Quote from Senninha25 :Even worse, it renamed the views folder back to "views_cam1" :/

No, that's normal. It's the way it works, renaming folders. What is not normal is that it didn't rename views_cam2 or views_cam5 (depending on which key you pressed) into "views".
Quote from FL!P :No, that's normal. It's the way it works, renaming folders. What is not normal is that it didn't rename views_cam2 or views_cam5 (depending on which key you pressed) into "views".

my main problem with it is that Flipcams renaming "views" to "views_cam1" made the problem return :/
Shouldn't it just keep a "views" folder along with the "views_cam*" folders?

I'll try to rename "views_cam1" back to "views" but this time running Flicpams.exe under WIndows XP compatibility mode.
Quote from Senninha25 :Shouldn't it just keep a "views" folder along with the "views_cam*" folders?

Yes, that what it should do, renaming the views folder into views_cam*, then renaming one of the views_cam* folder into views. No idea why it does only half of it.

Quote :I'll try to rename "views_cam1" back to "views" but this time running Flicpams.exe under WIndows XP compatibility mode.

Good idea.
I tried it under Windows XP compatilibity mode, and now I get no error messages! But...now everytime I change a camera, a warning pops up (this is Windows Vista/7 stuff, not a problem at all), and it's a bit annoying.
And even though it didn't change the name of the "views" folder this time, it won't save my camera views
Quote from FL!P :Hi Killer Beast. If FlipCams.exe is not in your LFS folder, obviously it's never going to work.

If you tried to reinstall FlipCams and the exe was still not there, maybe you don't have writing permissions to that folder?

Navigate to your "FlipCam-1.0.2-Install" folder, then open the folder "parts", copy FlipCams.exe from there, and paste it into your LFS folder. Then Launch LFS and see if it works.

Well in that parts folder Flipcams .exe doesnt exist either

Edit: Its there. Downloaded again However it still comes up with the error:
fc_runCam1 : line 2 - Parameter is not valid
I'm getiing a fresh lfs install and copying over the views folder
Well it doesn't have a views folder and i cant copy over the flipcams.exe
Quote from Senninha25 :I tried it under Windows XP compatilibity mode, and now I get no error messages! But...now everytime I change a camera, a warning pops up (this is Windows Vista/7 stuff, not a problem at all), and it's a bit annoying.

Any way to disable that warning? Or to tell 7 that this application is safe, or whatever?

Quote :And even though it didn't change the name of the "views" folder this time, it won't save my camera views

Which version of FlipCams are you running? If it's the 1.0.2, get the 1.0.3 from the first post.
Quote from Killer Beast :Well it doesn't have a views folder and i cant copy over the flipcams.exe

The views folder is created by LFS the first time you use the custom cam. Better do that before installing FlipCams which relies on it. Or you could get the one from your previous install.

Why can't you copy FlipCams.exe?

Edit: what version of LFS are you running, BTW?
Quote from FL!P :The views folder is created by LFS the first time you use the custom cam. Better do that before installing FlipCams which relies on it. Or you could get the one from your previous install.

Why can't you copy FlipCams.exe?

Edit: what version of LFS are you running, BTW?

Well before the error was still coming up but atm i am running z30. on z28 the error was still there
Can copy now
everytime i try and change the 'cam' alt f1/f2 it comes up with the error
fc_runCam1 : line 2 - Parameter is not valid

On the new install it says it doesnt have data folder on the flipcams installer
Quote from Killer Beast :Well before the error was still coming up but atm i am running z30. on z28 the error was still there

Was the error there in Z25 too? If not, that might be a bug in LFS.

Here's what that file (fc_runCam1.lfs) should contain:

/view save
/wait FlipCams.exe "cam1"
/echo ^6Å FlipCams: ^7CAM 1
/run fc_bindCam1
/run fc_reloadView

Can you check and see if this is what you have in yours?

Quote :On the new install it says it doesnt have data folder on the flipcams installer

Yeah, obviously the installer is not Window7-savy.
Quote from FL!P :Was the error there in Z25 too? If not, that might be a bug in LFS.

/view save
/run fc_bindCam1
/run fc_reloadView

im on xp..
Quote from FL!P :Any way to disable that warning? Or to tell 7 that this application is safe, or whatever?

It's a normal thing, because Windows Vista and 7 Users get a sort of "Do you want to run this program as admin?" question everytime they run an .exe, and that same window shows up when I launch LFS and change cameras; and it's annoying because it basically gets on top of all running applications. It's nothing dangerous, just one of Windows 7's many "safety measures".
(Next time I'll activate the built-in Admin account)

Quote from FL!P :
Which version of FlipCams are you running? If it's the 1.0.2, get the 1.0.3 from the first post.

I'm actually running 1.0.3.
Quote from Killer Beast :im on xp..

Are you sure you selected your LFS folder and not the data folder? What version of FlipCams are you using?
-
(Killer Beast) DELETED by Killer Beast
Quote from FL!P :Was the error there in Z25 too? If not, that might be a bug in LFS.

/view save
/run fc_bindCam1
/run fc_reloadView

Quote from FL!P :Are you sure you selected your LFS folder and not the data folder? What version of FlipCams are you using?

I'm using 1.0.3. I didnt use it in Z25 It used to work on Z28 but then didnt work after. Definetely clicked lfs folder
Now i use the installer and click on LFS Folder and the installer doesnt put anything there. Also how can i check what is in the file? I have no software that can open it
Quote from Killer Beast :It used to work on Z28 but then didnt work after.

After what? After you switched to Z30? A few days ago you said "in z28 the error was still there". So you got me confused, now. If the error occurs in Z30 but not in Z28, that would be a bug to report to Scawen.

About the installer, well if it doesn't work, you should still be able to install by hand (look for the step-by-step I posted some days ago).

And you can open the .lfs files in NotePad (or any text editor).
Quote from FL!P :After what? After you switched to Z30? A few days ago you said "in z28 the error was still there". So you got me confused, now. If the error occurs in Z30 but not in Z28, that would be a bug to report to Scawen.

About the installer, well if it doesn't work, you should still be able to install by hand (look for the step-by-step I posted some days ago).

And you can open the .lfs files in NotePad (or any text editor).

OK,here goes. When I was using Z28 it was working well. Then after a while on Z28 it stopped working on Z28. It may have been after I installed some textures. ATM i am on Z30. Has anyone got the same problem as me?
has anyone tried this with 0.6B?

EDIT: Installed it and it works like a charm.
Very nice although AVG triggers it as a trojan
I force ignored the threat, is that bad?
no
thank you
finely,i found what i have search,thank you very much,i have download and used it and it work,but the problem is:it work perfect with FOX car,and about F08 and BF1,stange TV-Cocpit view,i have read text but i can't undersand,for example i have 5 view cam files in data,must i use one of them?can you jelp please with more explain please?i use LFS Y Version,is this cause problem?must i use z version?thank you again for your work.
Ok
yes,now it work with all F1 Cars liveforspeed,cooool!!!!,i can believe it,i feel i'm playing F1 2011 Game pc,but the the thing i can't undersand is,for example Behind cam view,no change,TV-Cockpit work perfect,any help please?when i start game i see message in green like this:Flipcam 01.please can you help?thabk you again.and i wait from long time new tracks,no one,mods car yes,some are best,some are best just from outside,sorry please don't be angry,i have found only one track one day,i install it,and réinstall because it is not new york city track i'm look for,thank's for person who have made it of corse,but it's not in category of LFS Great Game.all of games have hundreds of tracks and mods like(GTR2,rFactor,NFS..).i register in site and i search LFS,they haven't,i like LFS too much,it's my first game when i start playing game pc auto,so i'm waiting,my be some day.
I used to have this but it doesn't work anymore with new version! 0.6R, anyone have the solution? I press the hotkey in game but it doesnt change the camera, even though the notification comes up.

FlipCams - 5 custom views per car
(199 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG